Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Enoch » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:15 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:04 am
a bit like someone with rank flatulence complaining about an open window.
:oops:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:24 am

For sure there's brinkmanship, bullshit and turning a pound note for himself and his kin but BWFC seems to be in a better place than it was when he rode into town.

He'll do for now.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:06 am

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:04 am
I don't think Ken is claiming the BM stuff shouldn't have been covered. Seems to me more like he's complaining that it has been mentioned a lot afterwards, and to be fair Marc Iles has mentioned it a lot in the manner of "after the week Wanderers have had, with BluMarble, Darby's MND and Eddie's death" way. It's usually been in an understanding or impressed way, but I don't think Ken likes finance being listed as part of the problem, which is a bit like someone with rank flatulence complaining about an open window. The BluMarble loan wasn't Ken's fault but it was his job to sort it, and again we were minutes from admin. As a side-effect, once again players went unpaid and once again that made the news, rightly so. If he doesn't want it mentioned, he should do a better job of keeping it off the news agenda.
If he doesn't want it mentioned, perhaps he shouldn't have announced we'd be going into admin on the official club news feed. Especially given we then didn't.

Perhaps he should pay the bills rather than let high profile cases seep into the media or worse still into official court records...

Perhaps he should also refrain from using the club site to air his grievances in these matters, since that merely draws more attention and media scrutiny.

Perhaps he should also have not said anything about the manager's perceived style as once again that will merely draw more talk in that direction.

Actions speak louder than words and by hook or by crook we are in a far better position than when Ken arrived. That is mainly down to Parky though. Ken gets credit for appointing him and just about keeping the show on the road. But that's about it from me now.

Parky in my books is now a BWFC hero for the work he has done under the most trying of circumstances possible. The way he has maintained himself, and saved our football club in more ways than one (having to intervene to prevent administration being the latest) means he will always have a place in my heart alongside a few notable others. Regardless of what happens from now.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:28 pm

It is fair to give KA credit for keeping the club alive, but we need to remember he has acquired an asset for £0, that he was shown to be asking £25m for, a percentage of which he would pocket. He also paid himself close to £1m in the last accounts as salary/consultancy fees.

Also we need to make sense of this series of events:

- Has a £4m BM debt on the books for over a year, due to be paid September 2018.
- In the summer of 2018, creates a lot of chaos over not paying small bills, even by our standards, such as player bonuses and catering bills.
- Apparently the club borrows £5m from ED to pay off BM.
- Despite apparently having the money to pay off BM, announces the club is being put into administration in 12 hours time.
- Our woes make the national press, the administrator is on the morning train to get started at 10am.
- Isn't apparently directly involved in the last minute events to stave off the catastrophe.
- The team manager apparently somehow intervenes and makes a phone call to an existing club investor and it is sorted.

Whilst Ken's business history is sometimes unfairly used against him, it has to be relevant to say that he was banned from being a company director in 2005-2013 for plundering funds of businesses going into liquidation.

Ken talks a lot about investment, but says that parties never prove they have the funds. Yet, apparently BM had an American billionaire lined up to take the club out of administration within three months.

When Ken gives a satisfactory explanation of the above I might get back to the 60/40 view I had of him before. Right now I am 20/80 and have real doubts about his integrity.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:12 am

I'm not having a dig or taking aim at anyone, and I appreciate that it was Stoke away and most didn't expect anything....however it is poor performances like this over 90mins that are generally affecting attendances - I know plenty of you on here disagree with me - but why would anyone (apart from the most loyal of supporters), pay £30+ plus to watch football like that.

The travelling fans that paid hard earned money to sit through that last night should be given a medal (a dad & lad or husband & wife travelling to Stoke must have gone through £100, tickets, fuel, food & drink etc) - but that's why home attendances have fallen a little this season (a combination of the poor football on display & high ticket prices) - Ken Anderson needs to seriously wake up and listen to supporters before being critical of the poor attendances - he's now starting to seriously annoy fans who had previously backed him.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:38 am

The set up and the team selection were fine (and I took issue with the boro selection for similiar reasons to you). Indeed there were moments last night second half where were linking up well - the 10 min spell Williams decided to turn up for. The reason we lost was just players being very sloppy in possession and the poor marking, plus grounds not looking like a championship full back. That’s not a ken issue or a Parky issue really, that’s just football.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:56 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:12 am
I'm not having a dig or taking aim at anyone, and I appreciate that it was Stoke away and most didn't expect anything....however it is poor performances like this over 90mins that are generally affecting attendances - I know plenty of you on here disagree with me - but why would anyone (apart from the most loyal of supporters), pay £30+ plus to watch football like that.

The travelling fans that paid hard earned money to sit through that last night should be given a medal (a dad & lad or husband & wife travelling to Stoke must have gone through £100, tickets, fuel, food & drink etc) - but that's why home attendances have fallen a little this season (a combination of the poor football on display & high ticket prices) - Ken Anderson needs to seriously wake up and listen to supporters before being critical of the poor attendances - he's now starting to seriously annoy fans who had previously backed him.
I don't think anyone disagrees on the money point. £30+ to watch Championship football is ridiculous, regardless of how sexy it is.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:44 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:

At what point in the past decade would you have paid £30+ to watch us? You haven't been happy for any of that time. Realistically all Ken can do is lower prices. But we're getting a crowd we'd expect at this level. I'm not convinced there are loads who will come back consistently until we are a premiership side again.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:11 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:

I am not in England to complain about the price so I use iFollow whenever I can afford to. Most times I cant and its 10 pounds per game compared to 30. Regardless of the kind of football we play I will try my best to watch it as it is my team I am watching, pretty or ugly. Anyway I agree with you re KA. He sucked everything out of me when he basically was prepared to allow us to go into Administration and lose 12 points. I no longer pay any attention to anything he says now. I am sick and tired of his games and snide comments at us as if we are his pawns in his chess games.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:22 pm

Enoch wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:05 pm
Ken wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:43 pm
I do not understand certain individuals’ apparent need to regularly repeat the same negativity on an almost daily basis
Peter wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:25 pm
if him, his son or someone at the club monitor the Bolton forums
You might be forgiven for thinking they do.
Might One!?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:17 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:44 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:

At what point in the past decade would you have paid £30+ to watch us? You haven't been happy for any of that time. Realistically all Ken can do is lower prices. But we're getting a crowd we'd expect at this level. I'm not convinced there are loads who will come back consistently until we are a premiership side again.
Ok Superfan - I'll bite, I had a ST season after season up until 2 years ago, this season I've attended 2 home games (Bristol City & Sheff Utd), but I didn't go against B/ham, QPR or Derby - I paid £66 for 2 x ticket against Bristol City, and went alone for the Sheff U game - from memory I think the ticket was £31. I'm not saying that we are not getting the crowds we should expect at this level, I was posting in response to KA saying in his column that crowds are lower than last season - and asking the stay away fans to buy tickets

But do carry on cocker, as we all know that you 'Mr know it all superfan' know more than any other BWFC fan & you are never wrong about owt.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:57 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:17 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:44 pm
Peter Thompson wrote:

Ok Superfan - I'll bite, I had a ST season after season up until 2 years ago, this season I've attended 2 home games (Bristol City & Sheff Utd), but I didn't go against B/ham, QPR or Derby - I paid £66 for 2 x ticket against Bristol City, and went alone for the Sheff U game - from memory I think the ticket was £31. I'm not saying that we are not getting the crowds we should expect at this level, I was posting in response to KA saying in his column that crowds are lower than last season - and asking the stay away fans to buy tickets

But do carry on cocker, as we all know that you 'Mr know it all superfan' know more than any other BWFC fan & you are never wrong about owt.
Wasn't quite my point. I asked at what point in the past decade have you been happy watching BWFC? I can't think of any you have.

I agree the ticket prices are too high. Absolutely. Ken's point that they are priced to maximise revenue is also valid however.

But you say you're unhappy with the football. But you've been unhappy when we've had managers like Sammy Lee, Coyle and Lennon who all wanted to play "positive football". This is my point. Your barometer seems to be a) being successful and winning most games and b) doing so playing attractive attacking football.

By my reckoning at any one time there will be about 3/4 clubs in the top 2 divisions who you can genuinely say are successful and playing an attractive brand of football. The rest are either struggling or having to sacrifice one or the other to some extent. This is the first season in a long time we've, results wise, in the first 10 games, performed above expectation, as an average.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:26 pm

Ken's piped up agin. Says he can't drop the matchday price 'cos he promised ST holders they'd be better off, which is fair enough, but then quickly scoots onto some stuff about Blackburn being sexier than Millwall. I don't think anyone's complaining about the lower-bracket prices, it's the hoiks for the 'big boys'.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2018/octobe ... chairman2/

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:00 pm

Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:26 pm
Ken's piped up agin. Says he can't drop the matchday price 'cos he promised ST holders they'd be better off, which is fair enough, but then quickly scoots onto some stuff about Blackburn being sexier than Millwall. I don't think anyone's complaining about the lower-bracket prices, it's the hoiks for the 'big boys'.

Apparently tickets for Blackburn are £36 in some stands....for a 5.30pm game and its live on sky.....KA is deluded and completely out of touch.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:06 pm

It won’t sell thats for sure. But will it sell any less than if they were £25? If not then he’s probably not deluded...

Today’s musings are more coherent and sensible than Monday’s.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:09 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:00 pm
Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:26 pm

Apparently tickets for Blackburn are £36 in some stands....for a 5.30pm game and its live on sky.....KA is deluded and completely out of touch.
Putting aside the impact of his own role in lots of continuing negative media coverage regarding the clubs prospects and finances, what he says doesn't make sense. If ST holders pay between £14-£21 for their tickets, then where is the justification for charging £30-£36 for tickets? For supporters who clearly, by their decision not to buy a ST, are prepared to spend their leisure money on other things?

There is clearly a price point around £25 that is still rewarding ST holders, that is fair for the product that is on offer, and fair compared to other clubs pricing.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:06 pm

They should shut the west upper and pass the savings onto ST holders and matchday prices.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:23 pm

Screenshot_20181004-131507~2.png
Screenshot_20181004-131507~2.png (385.96 KiB) Viewed 2673 times

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:31 pm

Bit crass to drag this up on the same day as eddies funeral (see iles article on BN website!)?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:46 pm

Even so, it's worrying that - Get's a personal load (probably interest free) then loans it to the club, presumably with interest applied

He really is a right f**kin cvnt isn't he
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"