Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:09 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:46 pm
Even so, it's worrying that - Get's a personal load (probably interest free) then loans it to the club, presumably with interest applied

He really is a right f**kin cvnt isn't he
The loan was secured against the club anyway. And was made to Inner Circle Investments. Who own the majority shares in the club.

I know the prevailing theory is Ken is profiting using the interest on his loan, which may be the case, but I'm not convinced makes all that much sense in this scenario.

My stronger feeling here is that he's done this to try and dissuade ED's family from pursuing the loan as it is now directly on the club's books and doing so would have the usual ramifications.

Could be wrong. But Ken doesn't need to do this to take money out of the club, he can simply take out any fees he chooses.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:15 pm

I actually thought that ED had loaned the club the £5m, not that he had lent it to Ken (Inner Circle).

This makes the events around September 10th even more questionable. So if we had gone into administration, Ken would've had the £5m loan from ED sitting in his own account, and ED (had the tragic events of that day not unfolded the way they did) would've essentially just been another creditor, possibly a preferential one, with a £5m charge against the club?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:20 pm

Financial matters aside (for a minute anyway), just what effect is all this having on P.P and the players? I find it hard to believe they'll just rally round the flag and give their all for Bolton as a club, with so much jiggery pokery, rumours and indecision going on in the background. It is their living after all and, as has been remarked, the timing seems exceedingly crass and thoughtless in light of Eddie Davies's burial only yesterday.. I really do hope Ken Anderton is acting in a totally gentlemanly manner about it all. The next moves are under a few spotlights, I'll warrant.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:30 pm

Iles is reporting another winding up petition from HMRC...

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:31 pm

And another from a company called Front Row Marketing.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:38 pm

Bored of this now!!!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:31 am

enrdentw wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:30 pm
I was wondering if this was going to happen on the first of every month, but it seems it was filed on Sep 27th. FFS.

DosM8YqX4AIN4ap.jpg
DosM8YqX4AIN4ap.jpg (25.33 KiB) Viewed 2724 times

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:43 pm

So, on the one hand, Ken expects me to spend my hard earned money on an exhorbitant ticket, whilst on the other hand slipping money into his back pocket from the club.
1. I'm not about to pay more than £25 for a football ticket.
2. If it's £25 but I then have to join a 1 hour, 300 meter queue before kick off, he can feck right off.
3. He's taking the pish
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:53 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:31 am
enrdentw wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:30 pm
I was wondering if this was going to happen on the first of every month, but it seems it was filed on Sep 27th. FFS.

DosM8YqX4AIN4ap.jpg
.... *speechless*
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:24 pm

...and I'm giving up the booze when beer hits ten bob a pint!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:35 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:24 pm
When it was one and fourpence a pint, the very thought would have caused a lot to give it up Enoch. Back then lighting a candle in church was a penny. I went into St Pats in town this week, it cost me a quid. It's now my signature emoji..... ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:38 pm

Enoch wrote:
You have a choice in that matter Enoch. Personally, if I walked into a pub and it was a fiver a pint, I wouldn't have a pint as it doesn't hold that much value for me. Everything, even beer, has a critical price point at which folk will say "No thanks". Trouble is, our club Chairman is under the impression that as a fan, I won't exercise my critical thinking around VFM as a customer. In respect of myself and seemingly a growing number of fans, he's badly misjudged that one.

I suspect that while I'm sat in the local club tomorrow teatime, £30 quid better off and supping my £2.30 pint, I'll be looking at a more than half empty stadium on Sky TV with an official attendance around 14k, in reality around the 12k mark.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:03 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:38 pm
Enoch wrote:
You have a choice in that matter Enoch. Personally, if I walked into a pub and it was a fiver a pint, I wouldn't have a pint as it doesn't hold that much value for me. Everything, even beer, has a critical price point at which folk will say "No thanks". Trouble is, our club Chairman is under the impression that as a fan, I won't exercise my critical thinking around VFM as a customer. In respect of myself and seemingly a growing number of fans, he's badly misjudged that one.

I suspect that while I'm sat in the local club tomorrow teatime, £30 quid better off and supping my £2.30 pint, I'll be looking at a more than half empty stadium on Sky TV with an official attendance around 14k, in reality around the 12k mark.
This is reality.
Ken Anderson doesn't appear connected to it.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:21 am

Bijou Bob wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:38 pm
Enoch wrote:

His argument is that dropping the prices means we lose revenue as the drop isn’t covered by enough extra attendees.

He isn’t the first person running Bolton to say this. I agree the price point is way too high, but we can’t afford to lose money. His point being we sold over 2000 at that price to Blackburn fans. Drop the price and he has to offer it all round and we lose out on gate receipts.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:44 am

I don't agree with that argument, but I could possibly have more sympathy with where the snake was coming from if he didn't follow it up by having a pop at the fans for not shelling out.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:01 pm

Any news or feedback from his Q&A with the fans yesterday?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:19 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:44 am
I don't agree with that argument, but I could possibly have more sympathy with where the snake was coming from if he didn't follow it up by having a pop at the fans for not shelling out.

Exactly. He's chosen to take advantage of large away followings ahead of winning over floating supporters. In a hard business sense I imagine it's probably the right decision, but if he adopts a “like or lump it” approach he can't complain when people choose to lump it. He also needs to forget about the crowd figures towards the back end of the season before last. They won't be seen again unless we're fighting for promotion.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:27 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:01 pm
Any news or feedback from his Q&A with the fans yesterday?
One possible positive, Ken/Paul Aldridge have been in talks with an American and a Middle Eastern guy, regards investment

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:47 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Broadly though I don’t care who says it. Our attendance average last season puts us 17th and we have some of the cheapest season tickets so our overal revenue from gate receipts is bottom 5 or 6. Yet Bolton fans can’t see that without Eddies millions we are a lower table championship side, if we live within our means or come close to it, arguably bottom 6 championship side resource wise. Our expectations were raised by an owner pumping his money in and the brilliance of Allardyce. But we are doing currently probably better than we should be. Yet everyone is moaning. And at the same time won’t fork out to attend.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:14 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:47 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Broadly though I don’t care who says it. Our attendance average last season puts us 17th and we have some of the cheapest season tickets so our overal revenue from gate receipts is bottom 5 or 6. Yet Bolton fans can’t see that without Eddies millions we are a lower table championship side, if we live within our means or come close to it, arguably bottom 6 championship side resource wise. Our expectations were raised by an owner pumping his money in and the brilliance of Allardyce. But we are doing currently probably better than we should be. Yet everyone is moaning. And at the same time won’t fork out to attend.
You moan more than most, about almost everything.
I also get the impression you don't ever attend that often, certainly no away games.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください