Murder and the new International Politics.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Murder and the new International Politics.

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:10 pm

Following on from Russia knocking off that renowned scourge of the world, Dawn Sturgess, it would appear that the Saudi Arabian crown prince and billionaire Mohammed bin Salman has, through the agency of a fifteen man hit squad, rid of us all of the malicious and fomenting journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
Who next? Will St. Kitts and Nevis send a hit man under diplomatic immunity to shoot Jose Mourinho's cleaner?

Meanwhile as the Khashoggi 'mystery' drags on: Putin says nothing, absolutely nada; Trump says "We're being very tough, we have investigators over there..." [where there is wasn't specified]; We, us, the Brits say "We are extremely worried [emoji of sweaty face provided], we have spoken [to some inconsequential minor prince of the house of Saud] and told him how very, very concerned the UK is".

Ha. That'll tell the fxckers...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Murder and the new International Politics.

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:05 pm

and meanwhile, the murdering fxcking former enforcer of Mugabe, Mr "crocodile" Mnangagwa, is driving the Zimbabwean economy ever deeper into a World Guinness Book record... Inflation is now hitting purchases made via the dollar, ffs! Anything you could buy, in Zimbabwe, last week that cost a dollar is now being sold for $6. US dollars. Really, the world is fxcked when murdering bastards are allowed to rule it.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:32 pm

And has Vince Cable, or Shami Chakrabarti, or Sian Berry, or any other "alternative" politician said a word about this? Have they fxck! They're as shit scared and pathetic as their supporters.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:19 pm

Two things interested the US in the Saudi's, oil and money, 50% of that equation no longer applies and the other won't last forever then the US will turn into the best Friends they wish they never had :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:00 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:32 pm
And has Vince Cable, or Shami Chakrabarti, or Sian Berry, or any other "alternative" politician said a word about this? Have they fxck! They're as shit scared and pathetic as their supporters.
Not sure why you've listed those politicians.

Our own PM has encouraged the sale of arms to Saudi Arabia in recent years. On a scale never seen before. Will she stop it? Will she bollocks.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:02 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:00 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Our own PM has encouraged the sale of arms to Saudi Arabia in recent years. On a scale never seen before. Will she stop it? Will she bollocks.
Politics is like a very relevant question in a murder enquiry: "Who benefits" ...it's always been that way, always will be. The rest is just window dressing.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:42 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

I listed those politicians specifically for the fact that their supporters appear to think they are more moral than 'ordinary politicians'.
...and still not a word from any of them, despite it looking like a journalist was tortured (fingers cut off), and then slaughtered (beheaded) in the consul's own office by a hit squad of 15 named goons all intimately involved with the ruling authority (crown prince) of Saudi Arabia. It's far more blatant than Putin's charade, and yet Ms Chakrabarti, former head of Liberty and Labour politician whose forte (according to herself) is the advocacy of civil liberties and human rights, and doesn't have a single fxcking thing to say about 'it'.
It's called naming and shaming.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:05 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:42 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

I listed those politicians specifically for the fact that their supporters appear to think they are more moral than 'ordinary politicians'.
...and still not a word from any of them, despite it looking like a journalist was tortured (fingers cut off), and then slaughtered (beheaded) in the consul's own office by a hit squad of 15 named goons all intimately involved with the ruling authority (crown prince) of Saudi Arabia. It's far more blatant than Putin's charade, and yet Ms Chakrabarti, former head of Liberty and Labour politician whose forte (according to herself) is the advocacy of civil liberties and human rights, and doesn't have a single fxcking thing to say about 'it'.
Cable has long condemned our sale of weapons and our government's cosying up to Saudi Arabia. As have the Labour front bench.

I have no idea what Sian Berry has advocated but I suspect that is of little relevance now.

It amazes me that you choose to pick on some fairly anonymous politicians and peers here rather than actually taking our government to task. They've encouraged the selling of arms to Saudi Arabia and engaged in a political choice to increase that exponentially. Are you saying that isn't that important compared to the "supposed" silence of some relatively minor political figures? And I say supposed because I rather suspect that in the Brexit dominated news its quite possible that what these peripheral figures say might simply not be being reported or making copy. Indeed Cable retweeted a tweet critical about government policy on SA yesterday. I'd suggest he's unlikely to get air time or coverage right now - for a reason. Same with the others. For different reasons.

It feels like a very circuitous way to air a grudge you have. Are you going to criticise our government over this or not?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:39 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:05 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:42 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Cable has long condemned our sale of weapons and our government's cosying up to Saudi Arabia. As have the Labour front bench.

I have no idea what Sian Berry has advocated but I suspect that is of little relevance now.

It amazes me that you choose to pick on some fairly anonymous politicians and peers here rather than actually taking our government to task. They've encouraged the selling of arms to Saudi Arabia and engaged in a political choice to increase that exponentially. Are you saying that isn't that important compared to the "supposed" silence of some relatively minor political figures? And I say supposed because I rather suspect that in the Brexit dominated news its quite possible that what these peripheral figures say might simply not be being reported or making copy. Indeed Cable retweeted a tweet critical about government policy on SA yesterday. I'd suggest he's unlikely to get air time or coverage right now - for a reason. Same with the others. For different reasons.

It feels like a very circuitous way to air a grudge you have. Are you going to criticise our government over this or not?
Well... if you refer yourself back to the Opening Post (which I believe I posted), you'll note that I very specifically traduced Donald Trump and our government.
If you require it I will spell it it out in big letters - DONALD TRUMP, THERESA MAY, AND ERDOGWAN ARE ALL TOSSPOTS.
You'll then notice it was only later I mentioned your incidental heroes lack of participation.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:42 pm

Plus, I'm not on about weapons sales. I'm on about the MURDER of a specifically named journalist in a fxkin EMBASSY!, by the effective ruler of a country. How shit can that be and not be even mentioned by the FORMER HEAD OF LIBERTY AND AN ADVOCATE OF HUMAN FXCKIN RIGHTS??????
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:59 pm

Well? ...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:00 pm

I get what you're on about but the people who can take action are not the ones you initially named. And I agree that May and Trump's "action" has been utterly pathetic. But their interest is oil and dirty weapons money. The only way we can change it is to get rid of them. Which hopefully will happen at the earliest opportunity.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:00 pm
I get what you're on about but the people who can take action are not the ones you initially named. And I agree that May and Trump's "action" has been utterly pathetic. But their interest is oil and dirty weapons money. The only way we can change it is to get rid of them. Which hopefully will happen at the earliest opportunity.
'You get what I'm on about'. Do you?
First of all you complain about a "circuitous way to air a grudge I have"!!!.
Then ask me whether "I'm going to criticise our government or not?" When I point out that I criticised our government in the opening post, you merely dismiss this and still point to Cable, Chakrabarti, etc as the ones I "initially named". - Well sorry, no I didn't.

I still find it pathetic that Shami Chakrabarti, Vince Cable, Jeremy Corbyn, You, Matthew Parris, Patrick McLoughlan, Uncle Tom Cobley and all have failed to denounce the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia for sending a 15 man hit squad to an embassy in Turkey where, within seven minutes of his arrival, a journalist was slaughtered, the building ringing with his screams as his fingers were severed one by one...

But you, you just shrug, and consider it all part of the acceptable face of politics (and you even back this attitude up with some dubious debate about the difficulty of getting air time or coverage about it).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:43 pm

Was all just a horrible misunderstanding.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:03 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:43 pm
Was all just a horrible misunderstanding.
Yep.
Ben Stokes gets in a fist fight, you might survive it.
Mohammad bin Salman gets in a fist fight and fifteen of his stooges prune all your fingers off, just to even up the odds obviously, because he (Mo)'s got small effeminate hands.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:04 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:49 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:00 pm
'You get what I'm on about'. Do you?
First of all you complain about a "circuitous way to air a grudge I have"!!!.
Then ask me whether "I'm going to criticise our government or not?" When I point out that I criticised our government in the opening post, you merely dismiss this and still point to Cable, Chakrabarti, etc as the ones I "initially named". - Well sorry, no I didn't.

I still find it pathetic that Shami Chakrabarti, Vince Cable, Jeremy Corbyn, You, Matthew Parris, Patrick McLoughlan, Uncle Tom Cobley and all have failed to denounce the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia for sending a 15 man hit squad to an embassy in Turkey where, within seven minutes of his arrival, a journalist was slaughtered, the building ringing with his screams as his fingers were severed one by one...

But you, you just shrug, and consider it all part of the acceptable face of politics (and you even back this attitude up with some dubious debate about the difficulty of getting air time or coverage about it).
Corbyn made a statement?

https://www.itv.com/news/2018-10-17/cor ... ppearance/

And he’s been banging on for a long time saying very strongly we shouldn’t be selling them weapons.

As I say, getting rid of the Tories is the best way to stop our relationship with the Saudis. The Tories are getting rid of themselves currently anyway.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:04 pm
Corbyn made a statement?
"The Labour leader on Wednesday called for an international investigation into the “abominable” treatment of Mr Khashoggi."

Without getting involved in the politics aspect of this, because it isn't about labour or conservatives, arms deals or revenue, but rather the facts and truth in an accused killing : In any other country in the world they'd either call it assassination or murder based on facts, or not comment till the investigation shows those facts provable. ."Abominable treatment" is hardly near enough. It sounds like he was kept waiting for a couple of hours without a cup of tea, not tortured and killed. How very British.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:20 pm

Has anyone considered that maybe the Skripals, Khashoggi and that Chinese Interpol guy might have been supposed to die in a plane crash and now death is coming back for them?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:56 am

Eh!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:34 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:58 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:04 pm
Corbyn made a statement?
"The Labour leader on Wednesday called for an international investigation into the “abominable” treatment of Mr Khashoggi."

Without getting involved in the politics aspect of this, because it isn't about labour or conservatives, arms deals or revenue, but rather the facts and truth in an accused killing : In any other country in the world they'd either call it assassination or murder based on facts, or not comment till the investigation shows those facts provable. ."Abominable treatment" hardly is hardly near enough. It sounds like he was kept waiting for a couple of hours without a cup of tea, not tortured and killed. How very British.
Yes you are correct. Calling it abominable and saying we should stop selling them weapons (having said this for years), is far far worse than this.....

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/uk-keeping- ... -pressure/

Oh...ok perhaps it isn’t.