Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:19 pm

Muslim call to prayer took place in Blackburn Cathedral.
Personally speaking I don't give a monkey's if it wasn't for the sheer hypocrisy.
The adhan (the traditional muslim call to prayer in Arabic which states "Allah is the greatest I bear witness that there is no other God but Allah; I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah") was performed by an imam, not a musician!
And why is that important, why is that hypocrisy?
Because the adhan was the second movement of Karl Jenkins' The Armed Man (a mass for peace).
Meanwhile on British tv the Saudi funded Islam Channel gives this salient piece of advice to a headscarfed clad 12 year old who asked a 'Muslim Scholar' on the question and answer session, whether it was ok to go to a supervised disco:
"Music is forbidden (Haram)..." He then quotes a passage from the Koran in which Allah condemns those who engage in a musical environment." Later in the same program it is stated "We do not ask why Allah commanded it, we just obey"

So, let's sum up:
A 12 year old cannot go to a disco because Allah said music is bad.
An imam can take part in a musical performance by reciting the call to prayer in a Christian Cathedral because xxx (fill in your own answer here).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:41 pm

^^

Does any of that include letting off fireworks and inhaling laughing gas Spots? Indian guy at the bottom of our road runs a mobile disco that he hires out, and all those young Asian guys driving round in B.M.Ws' and Audis' mustn't have got the music message. No need for any calls to prayer in any Christian churches here, there's already about 50 mosques locally. I don't waste time caring any more. God doesn't actually live in Farnworth; you can contact him from anywhere. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:57 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:41 pm
Indian guy at the bottom of our road runs a mobile disco
Does he do weddings at the Gurdwara?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:14 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:57 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Don't know Enoch. He's Councillor Mistry's lad. I've known his mother and dad for years.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:24 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:57 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Way, way way back in the late 1970s I had a job (actually, apart from paper rounds and bin man/postman/steel worker/putting holes [literally] into Bachelors peas prior to industrial steaming/funeral director's assistant in the holidays while at university, my very first job) as a special advisor on religious affairs to schools in Liverpool. My employer, Vida Barnett, took five of us newly unemployed students in Thatcher's darkest iron grip, and decided democratically to hand out the various religions by lot. I ended up with Sikhs and Rastafarianism.
Apropos of nothing, I had a far wilder time getting to know my subjects than any of the other four inductees...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:09 pm

:| Just discovered why Sainsbury's is no longer offering Italian, extra virgin first cold pressed olive oil from independent geographical indication sources anymore.
Over a million trees have been destroyed by a bacteria ravaging the continent :shock:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:26 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:09 pm
:| Just discovered why Sainsbury's is no longer offering Italian, extra virgin first cold pressed olive oil from independent geographical indication sources anymore.
Over a million trees have been destroyed by a bacteria ravaging the continent :shock:
British trees should be safe after Brexit..... :wink:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:21 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:26 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:09 pm
British trees should be safe after Brexit..... :wink:
Don't think we've got a lot of olive trees... but then if the Chinese keep pumping CO2 out at the rate they are, the UK will probably be the world's no.1 olive oil producer soon. :pissed:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:48 pm

Fxck. Due out on a flight now cancelled for possibly 48 hours. Do I go home, or bed down in a hotel, or wander the wonder filled duty free corridors: already seen a bottle of Chanel No5 in red, marketed as special edition... :lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:15 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:48 pm
Fxck. Due out on a flight now cancelled for possibly 48 hours. Do I go home, or bed down in a hotel, or wander the wonder filled duty free corridors: already seen a bottle of Chanel No5 in red, marketed as special edition... :lol
Cancelled for 48 hours and you can laugh? I thought I had patience. My hat's off to you sir. Most I ever waited was 12 hours and that was bad enough..and when we finally arrived in Spain the xxxxing coach broke down. Good luck mate,, :D

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:53 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:15 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:48 pm
Fxck. Due out on a flight now cancelled for possibly 48 hours. Do I go home, or bed down in a hotel, or wander the wonder filled duty free corridors: already seen a bottle of Chanel No5 in red, marketed as special edition... :lol
Cancelled for 48 hours and you can laugh? I thought I had patience. My hat's off to you sir. Most I ever waited was 12 hours and that was bad enough..and when we finally arrived in Spain the xxxxing coach broke down. Good luck mate,, :D
Came back early. Two weeks of hell on earth, reduced to a mere week's worth of shite... Never again, not at Christmas. Ever.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:13 pm

Good to see you safely back Spots. Merry Christmas to you.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:41 pm

Looking for nutcracker, discovered it in a bowl of walnuts. Must have been there for two/three years at least. Missus freaking out about them being inedible. I've cracked open two and they tasted ok. Missus still thinks I'm poisoning myself and tinternet agrees. Store them for three to four months AND THEN DIE, it screams.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:04 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:41 pm
Looking for nutcracker, discovered it in a bowl of walnuts. Must have been there for two/three years at least. Missus freaking out about them being inedible. I've cracked open two and they tasted ok. Missus still thinks I'm poisoning myself and tinternet agrees. Store them for three to four months AND THEN DIE, it screams.

:vomit: Just in case, it was nice knowing you.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:56 am

malcd1 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:04 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:41 pm

:vomit: Just in case, it was nice knowing you.
:lol: That was two days ago. I'm still alive... :pissed:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:36 pm

And here's me thinking that we were under threat from insidious Big Brother Data Mining...
Vodafone have texted me to say I have twenty four hours to go and grab some free Gregg's shite [a free SAUSAGE ROLL, or cheese and onion pasty]. Note they have correctly not identified me as Vegan. Doubly note they have incorrectly identified me as not giving a fxcking shit about free crap from fxcking Greggs.!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:39 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:36 pm
And here's me thinking that we were under threat from insidious Big Brother Data Mining...
Vodafone have texted me to say I have twenty four hours to go and grab some free Gregg's shite [a free SAUSAGE ROLL, or cheese and onion pasty]. Note they have correctly not identified me as Vegan. Doubly note they have incorrectly identified me as not giving a fxcking shit about free crap from fxcking Greggs.!

Don't be taken in by their obvious double bluff.

They're just testing your resolve.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:16 pm

Enoch wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:39 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:36 pm

Don't be taken in by their obvious double bluff.

They're just testing your resolve.
I managed to hold out. I have no idea how I managed that. Possibly genetic reasons.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:02 am

My olive oil might not have an Italian accent!

Next they'll be telling me Popeye's never worked out.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:15 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:02 am
My olive oil might not have an Italian accent!

Next they'll be telling me Popeye's never worked out.
I can bring you back some if you like... It'll fxcking cost mind, even from over here, never mind tariffs.
Plus, just went over to Bellagio where each year I buy a flask of proper Traditionale aceto balsamico d'Modena.
Jesus H Christ... The price has shot up by more than 60% than last year!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください