What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:12 pm

Watched Granada News tonight and they had a preview of W.T.W's "And did those feet" Bolton 1923 Cup Final drama at the University of Bolton Stadium. Good to see Les on their getting some credit as co-writer of the play. Nice one Les! :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:49 pm

Iles is a fan!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:56 pm

Wimbledon scraping through in the 90th minute via a deflected goal against a spirited display by Haringey Borough. Could have gone either way as Boro had a cert penalty claim turned down and an offside goal disallowed. A real good old-fashioned cup game in the pouring rain in front of 3500 soaking wet fans, kids and a dog in a scarf. Really enjoyed it and Boro's keeper looks way above his league status. Genuine full out effort and good on them.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:23 pm

Don't have Sky (who have kidnapped every form of sport to make money for their chief execs and shareholders, ie the corporation) so caught up with the England v Australia Rugby Union today. Oh, there is such a buzz from beating the Aussies at anything is there not? Entertaining game and a great result.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:54 pm

You can;t just blame Sky - It's the sports governing bodies who are selling TV rights off to the highest bidders who are the problem - Sky just have deeper pockets than the BBC
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:08 pm

Watched the last episode of Little Drummer Girl (based on John Le Carre's book). Without revealing anything, I thought the six parter was pretty decent. Le Carre usually is.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:34 pm

Front Row Late: When Mary Beard met Clive James.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06ksb1y

What a lovely half hour of TV. Two absolute treasures. Cultural Amnesia remains one of the books I'm most grateful to have one day picked up.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:08 pm

Whatched The Revenant last night as I hadn't seen it. Trememdous piece of film making, all shot in natural light. Tremendous performances by Leonardo De Caprio and Tom Hardy. Very impressive film. The bear scene was utterly incredible considering it was all simulated and no bear was actually used. Would definitely recommend it if you haven't seen it and you have a strong stomach.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:06 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:08 pm
Whatched The Revenant last night as I hadn't seen it. Trememdous piece of film making, all shot in natural light. Tremendous performances by Leonardo De Caprio and Tom Hardy. Very impressive film. The bear scene was utterly incredible considering it was all simulated and no bear was actually used. Would definitely recommend it if you haven't seen it and you have a strong stomach.
That was a real bear, Tango. 27 stuntmen got killed filming that scene. :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:45 pm

^ I don't know if I was just grumpy that day but I wasn't impressed with the Revenant and the bear attack didn't look in the slightest bit realistic.

Netflix continues to pay for itself. After the excellent Narcos I'm currently loving Fargo the series. The film is a belter if you haven't seen it
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:24 am

Just seen Stan & Ollie. A lovely and at times emotional film but a fitting tribute to them both. Steve Coogan's performance as Stan Laurel is incredible.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:05 pm

Sat through the European Scrutiny Committee session with David Davis from 16th January. If only the media could interview folk with the same objectivity, rather than looking to score points, or manufacture headlines.

I thought Davis, for his part, gave full and generous answers. None of the evasion that so often mars Select Committee business.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:28 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:12 pm
Watched Granada News tonight and they had a preview of W.T.W's "And did those feet" Bolton 1923 Cup Final drama at the University of Bolton Stadium. Good to see Les on their getting some credit as co-writer of the play. Nice one Les! :oyea:
WTW's other play, the incredibly moving, true story of Private James Smith from Great Lever 'Early One Morning' will be on at Farnworth Little Theatre from 16th - 23rd March.

I can't recommend it enough.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:52 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:28 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:12 pm
WTW's other play, the incredibly moving, true story of Private James Smith from Great Lever 'Early One Morning' will be on at Farnworth Little Theatre from 16th - 23rd March.

I can't recommend it enough.
And I'll happily second that having seen it at the Octagon. Fantastic, atmospheric and brilliantly acted drama. Superb and all the better for being a locally based work and written by a genuine and very talented Bolton lad. See it....

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:05 pm

Green book. Excellent and easy to see why it won best picture.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:04 am

Sat down last night to re-watch Mobeen Azhar's look back at the 'The Satanic Verses' controversy 30 years after it's publication and how it's viewed today.

For me, as good a bit of documentary TV as I've seen.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:56 am

Watched Bohemian Rhapsody last week. As credible as Rami Malek's portrayal of Freddie Mercury is, they're having a laugh with his teeth, aren't they? c*nt looked like Dick Emery's vicar! :shock:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:15 pm

Has anybody watched / started watching After Life with Ricky Gervais on Netflix? If so, is it worth watching?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:17 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:15 pm
Has anybody watched / started watching After Life with Ricky Gervais on Netflix? If so, is it worth watching?
Yes. And yes.
(Supposedly understated. But this is Ricky Gervais. He'd struggle to understate his income tax return).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:36 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:15 pm
Yes. It's brilliant and I can't recommend it enough. Possibly his best ever work.