Do you bee-lieve in Father Christmas? Brentford (A) 3:00pm, Saturday, 22 December

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Do you bee-lieve in Father Christmas? Brentford (A) 3:00pm, Saturday, 22 December

Post by Riviman » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:23 am

I wonder if the only reason Parky and co are still in their jobs is that Ken can't afford to pay them off which he would have to do if they were sacked.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Re: Do you bee-lieve in Father Christmas? Brentford (A) 3:00pm, Saturday, 22 December

Post by nelson66 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:35 am

I looked at the team sheet yesterday - and thought OK - thats shite... but what else have we got in the locker

So.... If Parky is so one dimensional...
Can you come up with an 11 and a formation that will win us a few points?
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:38 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:20 pm
Jugs wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:35 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:31 pm
I think it's pretty obviouis (a real No shxt Sherlock, in fact) why a lot of folk howled when Alf went. A lot was said about him not suiting systems etc, etc, but put him in front of goal and he'd score goals. Right now we couldn't score with three shots at a dartboard. Compared with our current vanguard, Anne Hegarty would probably score more. I have to wonder just how much training time is spent practising shooting? Not much if today and lately is anything to go by.
I had a geezer on twitter telling me it would be okay because Magennis would get into double figures and Otzumer - I kid you not - would 'get at least 7 goals.' :lol: :lol:

I think people underestimated how hard it is to find someone who can regularly score at this level on our budget. I can put it simply: It's almost impossible, and it's especially harder when you give yourself 2 weeks before transfer deadline day.
I was a big ALF fan and was gutted to see him leave but he wouldn't have made any difference this season. We're creating nothing. Absolutely nothing. ALF and for that matter Magennis, Doige or Ozthumer can't score if you don't get the ball to them around the box.

Parkys shortcoming is that his style of play meant we'd rarely get the best of ALF and won't ever see what Ozthumer could do
He'd have scored a couple.

I get what you're saying but we have had chances. Donaldson scooping miles over when one-on-one v Sheffield Wednesday immediately springs to mind.

Moreover, ALF can score any type of goal and can even get goals out of nothing. He knows where to be at the right time. It's what we need right now.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:53 am

Jugs wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:38 am
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:20 pm
Jugs wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:35 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:31 pm
I think it's pretty obviouis (a real No shxt Sherlock, in fact) why a lot of folk howled when Alf went. A lot was said about him not suiting systems etc, etc, but put him in front of goal and he'd score goals. Right now we couldn't score with three shots at a dartboard. Compared with our current vanguard, Anne Hegarty would probably score more. I have to wonder just how much training time is spent practising shooting? Not much if today and lately is anything to go by.
I had a geezer on twitter telling me it would be okay because Magennis would get into double figures and Otzumer - I kid you not - would 'get at least 7 goals.' :lol: :lol:

I think people underestimated how hard it is to find someone who can regularly score at this level on our budget. I can put it simply: It's almost impossible, and it's especially harder when you give yourself 2 weeks before transfer deadline day.
I was a big ALF fan and was gutted to see him leave but he wouldn't have made any difference this season. We're creating nothing. Absolutely nothing. ALF and for that matter Magennis, Doige or Ozthumer can't score if you don't get the ball to them around the box.

Parkys shortcoming is that his style of play meant we'd rarely get the best of ALF and won't ever see what Ozthumer could do
He'd have scored a couple.

I get what you're saying but we have had chances. Donaldson scooping miles over when one-on-one v Sheffield Wednesday immediately springs to mind.

Moreover, ALF can score any type of goal and can even get goals out of nothing. He knows where to be at the right time. It's what we need right now.
What we really need is, a manager who realises you need to score to win games.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:43 am

I don't disagree.