Very good ideas....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Very good ideas....

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:44 pm

Not sure what brought it to mind, but remember the £1 coin racks beside the driver in cars for toll money that was intended as a good idea, except it turned out to be a real "thank you" one for folk breaking into cars (not that many do, these days, they just take the car)? It just got me wondering about good/bad ideas and trands that have tried and failed. There was "Pakamacs" a plastic mack that folded up to almost nothing yet really did keep the rain off. Far too sensible to catch on against getting pxxxed wet through but, like coats, umbrellas or even pints, put one down and somebody will have it away. There must be loads of such ideas out there...I'll have to have a think....meanwhile?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Very good ideas....

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:35 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:44 pm
Not sure what brought it to mind, but remember the £1 coin racks beside the driver in cars for toll money that was intended as a good idea, except it turned out to be a real "thank you" one for folk breaking into cars (not that many do, these days, they just take the car)? It just got me wondering about good/bad ideas and trands that have tried and failed. There was "Pakamacs" a plastic mack that folded up to almost nothing yet really did keep the rain off. Far too sensible to catch on against getting pxxxed wet through but, like coats, umbrellas or even pints, put one down and somebody will have it away. There must be loads of such ideas out there...I'll have to have a think....meanwhile?
Dear me Tango. Packamacs! Fxck me. My father had one of those. I hated it with a vengeance. It stank, an impenetrable barrier for rain to get in and his armpit stench to get out of. They were literally like tents, packed away when wet and then unfolded when next needed only to be found coated in a thin layer of mold and mildew. Ughhh.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:39 pm

...here's a good idea though. Trains that arrive on time, with tickets that tell you where to stand on the platform in order to access your reserved seat with the least hassle!
They actually had those when I lived in Japan!
In the early 80s :lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:33 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:35 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Dear me Tango. Packamacs! Fxck me. My father had one of those. I hated it with a vengeance. It stank, an impenetrable barrier for rain to get in and his armpit stench to get out of. They were literally like tents, packed away when wet and then unfolded when next needed only to be found coated in a thin layer of mold and mildew. Ughhh.

:lol: You were actually supposed to dry em off Spots. Anyway, I wish I'd had one when I turned out in my very first made to measure suit courtesy of The CO-OP tailoring department. There I was, a veritable Beau Brummel, all ready to go and it was absolutely raining stair rods. When my dad offered his mack I had no choice but to accept or drown. It wasn't too impressive turning up at The Palais in a Humphrey Bogart special, but I drew the line at the trilby and my mother's rain hood..... :lol:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:37 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:39 pm
...here's a good idea though. Trains that arrive on time, with tickets that tell you where to stand on the platform in order to access your reserved seat with the least hassle!
They actually had those when I lived in Japan!
In the early 80s :lol:
I've shuttled backwards and forwards many times between El Campello, Benidorm and Alicante ( during holiday seasons) on Spanish Rail with cheap fares and never once had to stand or had a train late or cancelled. Spanish train drivers got fined for turning up late

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:24 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:35 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Don't if you look after them and nowadays they are breathable etc. got a couple, dead handy.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:49 pm

I see the good old British duffle coat is still going strong. Had one back in 1956 or so even before the hippies. Still one of the best weather coats ever. Had a laugh typing it into Google after seeing a reminder picture. Some up market sources claim you can have one of theirs for as little as almost a grand. What a bargain..... :lol: