The Weather

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: The Weather

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:27 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:05 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:56 pm
It's snowing. Just drifting flakes right now and it'll probably just pass over, but the weather forecast was uncannily accurate, to the hour in fact.
I hate to tell you this Tango, but when you access a modern app on your phone, it accesses all your history, shopping, and geolocation data and decides what is the best weather to get you to buy, for example, a new woolly hat. It then gives you a few targeted ads, and sends out a drone to drop snow overhead at the precise moment it 'predicted'.
Snow is a modern con inflicted on us by Big Business.#conspiracytheory236
Could well be true Spots, but in this case I saw the forecast in the Bolton News yesterday. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:32 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:27 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
It's snowing. Just drifting flakes right now and it'll probably just pass over, but the weather forecast was uncannily accurate, to the hour in fact.
I hate to tell you this Tango, but when you access a modern app on your phone, it accesses all your history, shopping, and geolocation data and decides what is the best weather to get you to buy, for example, a new woolly hat. It then gives you a few targeted ads, and sends out a drone to drop snow overhead at the precise moment it 'predicted'.
Could well be true Spots, but in this case I saw the forecast in the Bolton News yesterday. :wink:
Were you in Bolton when this snow occurred? :D

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:06 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Print! You still use print?
Your neighbour's phone noticed you reading a newspaper, reported back to Big Business HQ, who decided to punish you by sending up a drone to drop snow on you, you fool :D
#conspiracytheory440
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:19 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:06 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Print! You still use print?
Your neighbour's phone noticed you reading a newspaper, reported back to Big Business HQ, who decided to punish you by sending up a drone to drop snow on you, you fool :D #conspiracytheory440
#
Nope, wrong again Spots. I read the B.N online and I live in Farnworth (where the brief snow has now turned to rain) . A tree may have fallen in a forest in Bolton, but I didn't hear it. The drone may have done though and recorded it to sell me a new duffle coat... :lol:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:46 pm

It's not snowing here. I was promised Snow by XC Weather - 1cm they said! (although the BBC only hinted at the prospect with a 36% possibility).
Most drones are probably too busy over Farnworth warming up the snow dropped by a few upper atmosphere drones earlier, turning it into rain.

What we need are personal weather grids that follow the square metre around each person delivering appropriate weather. We could vote online for example that Donald Trump gets hail everywhere he goes... (All Hail The President).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:18 pm

Joe Btfsplk!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:34 pm

^ Him .. :D
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:08 pm

I've had enough cold and snow for a while so will go in a cruise for a week starting tomorrow to the Dutch Antilles (Sint Maarten and the ABC Islands). Leaving San Juan tomorrow evening. It'll be a nice change I hope.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:11 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:08 pm
I've had enough cold and snow for a while so will go in a cruise for a week starting tomorrow to the Dutch Antilles (Sint Maarten and the ABC Islands). Leaving San Juan tomorrow evening. It'll be a nice change I hope.
Fed up of grey days myself tbh so off to Cyprus for a fortnight early March, timed of course to get back before Armageddon on the 29th :D

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:45 am

Hoboh wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:11 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Fed up of grey days myself tbh so off to Cyprus for a fortnight early March, timed of course to get back before Armageddon on the 29th :D
Ha! I'm going to top trump you ... Off to Lake Como. back on 1st April :lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:01 pm

Watch out... Southern Weather Warnings About!.
Home counties, Essex and other vulnerable places south of Watford might see accumulations of snow in the next few days. As much as 10cm may be seen on higher ground (such as the Gherkin), but most of Greater London will see dustings of up to 3 nanometers, forecasters say.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:29 pm

A gusty and very strong cold wind here today. Already blown two panels off my back garden fence. Not good.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:37 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
I'm back having gone from 30 degrees to -19 on a four hour flight. Obesity was mentioned on another thread. Since I travel a lot in the US I have seen some impressive cases over the years and I think the US leads the world in this category. On my recent cruise half (1800) of the berths were booked for the Martin Luther King Week 18th Grown and Sexy Cruise. Many of the women (and quite a few men) gave a whole new meaning to the word obese. I've never seen anything like it. I thought the ship might sink with all that adiposity. I understand Grown and Sexy is a travel group for people over 30, however I thought this referred to age not tonnage.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:27 am

It's snowing.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:55 am

Hoboh wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:27 am
It's snowing.
Tis indeed, quite heavily . Snow always falls on the righteous....! :lol:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:24 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:55 am
Hoboh wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:27 am
It's snowing.
Tis indeed, quite heavily . Snow always falls on the righteous....! :lol:
Pissing down here ... snotfair.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:37 pm

Ice this morning, followed by snow. Had to grit the road from the house so I could get down the hill. It was pitch black so I suspect most of the grit ended on the verge 😅 A 5 minute walk to work was 50 minutes!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:43 pm

Snowmaggedon! With the Sun exhorting us To Stockpile Food Now!!

Currently: 0cm of snow on ground. Maybe I should be stockpiling weapons instead!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:55 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:43 pm

Currently: 0cm of snow on ground. Maybe I should be stockpiling weapons instead!
Project fear.

It gets in everywhere.

I'm still waiting to be molested by an immigrant on one of my regular forays into the town centre, before being accosted and robbed by one of the drunken lowlifes that infest every Wetherspoon hostelry.

If it ever gets round to snowing hereabouts, at least it might give me a couple of days relief from the maelstrom I apparently live in the middle of.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:59 pm

Enoch wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:55 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:43 pm

Project fear.

It gets in everywhere.

I'm still waiting to be molested by an immigrant on one of my regular forays into the town centre, before being accosted and robbed by one of the drunken lowlifes that infest every Wetherspoon hostelry.

If it ever gets round to snowing hereabouts, at least it might give me a couple of days relief from the maelstrom I apparently live in the middle of.
You, sir, are an obvious panic fairy. Get a grip, Weatherspoon's wouldn't consider opening an establishment in your woebegotten neck of the woods in a blue month of Sundays!! :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください