Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:52 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:52 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:50 am
Spotty mentions reports that there may be a new bidder at the table, possibly from Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan.
Its also increasingly clear that we can't make the end of the season out of admin without a sale....as I said a few weeks back.....

:wink:
We'll see.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:23 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Spotty mentions reports that there may be a new bidder at the table, possibly from Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan.
Its also increasingly clear that we can't make the end of the season out of admin without a sale....as I said a few weeks back.....

We'll see.
Hopefully we won't because we'll be sold.

I don't care much for any BWFCi/LLS spats but I know that if he's right we go into admin, and if you're right (because he's not) then we struggle on to the end of the season with this frankly unsustainable kakistocracy.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:08 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:23 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

We'll see.
Hopefully we won't because we'll be sold.

I don't care much for any BWFCi/LLS spats but I know that if he's right we go into admin, and if you're right (because he's not) then we struggle on to the end of the season with this frankly unsustainable kakistocracy.
Coprocracy, puh-leeze. I think you'll find dung beetles have been around for millions of years, one of the most sustainable niches on the planet...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:34 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:08 pm
Coprocracy, puh-leeze. I think you'll find dung beetles have been around for millions of years, one of the most sustainable niches on the planet...
Those guys work hard, man. And for a lot less than £525,000 declared p.a.

(Etymologically, I'm using Thomas Love Peacock's derivation of the greek word kakistos, "worst", rather than anything derived from Latin cacare, "to defecate" (hence 'cack-handed', using the left hand, which Romans used for toiletary purposes). I mean, what kind of amoral backwardisation would be so televisually vulgar as to mix Greek and Latin? :D )

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:02 pm

Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:34 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

(Etymologically, I'm using Thomas Love Peacock's derivation of the greek word kakistos, "worst", rather than anything derived from Latin cacare, "to defecate" (hence 'cack-handed', using the left hand, which Romans used for toiletary purposes). I mean, what kind of amoral backwardisation would be so televisually vulgar as to mix Greek and Latin? :D )
Televisually, :lol:
Fair do's. (I'm merely deferring to your impeccable reasoning, rather than referring to do as poo :wink: ).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:15 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:02 pm
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:34 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Televisually, :lol:
Fair do's. (I'm merely deferring to your impeccable reasoning, rather than referring to do as poo :wink: ).
And "amoral" and "backwardisation" :wink:

(Also, the word's sung rather brilliantly by Jack White on the Raconteurs' Intimate Secretary, so that's fine by me)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:38 pm

Thanks! Been bugging my what song I'd heard it in!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:39 pm

I'm quite sceptical about all this talk of a takeover. I can't see why anyone would want to buy a club with debts that is sliding towards Div One. Plus, Ken has talked about the many time-wasters he's encountered, yet apparently, we now have three plausible bidders at the table (if rumours are to be believed). Seems unlikely to me. Does anyone have inside intel that might help?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:01 pm

Last night I watched an old film, Albert R.N. where they used a dummy figure with a polystyrene head and Navy cap to help prisoners escape a prisoner of war camp. Two blokes, one either side carried the dummy dressed as one of them around. For some crazy reason I got a mental image of K.A and son shuffling a dummy Sultan of Brew Nigh ( on purpose) into the boardroom and having a takeover discussio behind locked doors. Daft?, aye, but no dafter than what's going on at Unibol... :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:05 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:39 pm
I'm quite sceptical about all this talk of a takeover. I can't see why anyone would want to buy a club with debts that is sliding towards Div One. Plus, Ken has talked about the many time-wasters he's encountered, yet apparently, we now have three plausible bidders at the table (if rumours are to be believed). Seems unlikely to me. Does anyone have inside intel that might help?
I have no inside intel. Sorry.
You need to speak to BWFCi. He knows everything.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:27 pm

Nixon is reporting that a £15M payment due to the Davies family on promotion to the Premier League is proving a major obstacle in any takeover getting over the line. Anderson is due to arrange talks with them soon, apparently.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:43 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:27 pm
Nixon is reporting that a £15M payment due to the Davies family on promotion to the Premier League is proving a major obstacle in any takeover getting over the line. Anderson is due to arrange talks with them soon, apparently.
On promotion to the Premier League!
:lol:
What an obvious obstacle...
(I think future aspirant owners need to take a very careful look at the history of Leeds, Portsmouth, Oxford United...)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:48 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:43 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
(I think future aspirant owners need to take a very careful look at the history of Leeds, Portsmouth, Oxford United...)

I suppose it at least shows a level of ambition!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:51 pm

nicholaldo wrote:

Thanks. I doubt a new owner will have to pay anything out in my lifetime. :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:59 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:51 pm
nicholaldo wrote:

Thanks. I doubt a new owner will have to pay anything out in my lifetime. :D

In that case I hope that you're very, very old. :wink:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:03 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:48 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
nicholaldo wrote:

I'll admit that...

It also shows a lack of nous. The least amount of TV revenue a Premier League club can expect next season is £94,000,000. They'd get that even if they lost every game twenty-nil.
I think even the biggest financial idiot could take a one off hit of 15% on earnings at that level.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:12 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:03 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
nicholaldo wrote:

It also shows a lack of nous. The least amount of TV revenue a Premier League club can expect next season is £94,000,000. They'd get that even if they lost every game twenty-nil.

I don't think it does, particularly. If they think that agreement can be renegotiated on better terms or even removed altogether then it makes sense for them to push for that. People who makes vasts amount of money don't generally do so by being so willing to give it away.

Also, every other Premier League club would be entitled to £94,000,000, in which case having to pay out £15,000,000 of it would put us at a competitive disadvantage.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:26 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:12 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:03 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
nicholaldo wrote:

I don't think it does, particularly. If they think that agreement can be renegotiated on better terms or even removed altogether then it makes sense for them to push for that. People who makes vasts amount of money don't generally do so by being so willing to give it away.

Also, every other Premier League club would be entitled to £94,000,000, in which case having to pay out £15,000,000 of it would put us at a competitive disadvantage.
It's a one off payment to take over a club that had £100,000,000 in debts. I really can't see that a 15% levy is that big a deal.
If you are a genius/have lots of dosh/a plan to take over Bolton Wanderers at our stage of evolution and think that paying £15 mill is a hindrance IF WE GET PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE, then really, tuck your money in your back pocket, because you'll be worse than Ken Anderson for our future. Ta.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:29 pm

#bringbackdeano

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:41 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
I think future aspirant owners need to take a very careful look at the history of Leeds, Portsmouth, Oxford United...
Not sure why you've mentioned Oxford, Spotty - they haven't been in the top flight since before Hillsborough.

Anyway, any potential owners will have done that, but they'll also have noted Southampton and particularly Leicester (and TBF I'd swap places with Leeds right now, as long as I didn't have to be a Leeds fan or owt).

Anyone getting into football, at whatever level of financial acumen or due diligence, has to have a certain amount of dreamer within them or they just wouldn't bother. For the folks who deal in tens of millions, there are far easier ways to make money.