Electric Cars.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Electric Cars.

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:24 pm

Enoch wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:54 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:39 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:36 pm
Enoch wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:46 am
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:15 am
Not all of us live in Kent... :wink: It is 1300 miles from one side of Ontario to the other (mind you, it is our second largest province, being two thirds the area of Quebec).
I can't begin to imagine the scale of Canada's wilderness. I thought it pretty bleak when I walked across Dartmoor a few years back. Lord only knows what drove those early settlers to wander off into the territories. Guess there are still places you could be best part of a thousand miles from the nearest human?
Those days are long gone, Enoch. I have a friend (Claire) who moved to a log cabin in Yukon seventeen years ago. Her nearest neighbour then was over one hundred and fifty miles away. Now she has three neighbours within twenty miles: one of them flies in over her cabin regularly, and another quite often disturbs her peace by blowing rock formations up. Fxcking neighbours, eh!?
Claire, by the way, has twelve huskies/border collies and a Harley. She recommends them as being far superior to anything Mr Musk could provide.
Assuming she doesn't have designs on going to the moon.
If she had, she might, just, have less neighbours there mind.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:03 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:51 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:44 pm
Enoch wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:07 pm
Model 3 available for a smidge over £26,000.

Think I'll order mine this week.
It doesn't have the range, speed or acceleration of the Model S. And production is a bit delayed I believe. But they are setting up to order online and closing some dealerships.

Five and a half seconds nought to sixty, hundred and thirty top end and a range of between two and three hundred miles.
The new Pininfarina Battista does 0-62 in under two seconds with a top speed of over 250 mph, with the same range. Of course it costs a bit more.... and neck braces are not included.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:09 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:03 pm
Enoch wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Enoch wrote:

It doesn't have the range, speed or acceleration of the Model S. And production is a bit delayed I believe. But they are setting up to order online and closing some dealerships.

Five and a half seconds nought to sixty, hundred and thirty top end and a range of between two and three hundred miles.
The new Pininfarina Battista does 0-62 in under two seconds with a top speed of over 250 mph, with the same range. Of course it costs a bit more.... and neck braces are not included.
I Want That Fxcker...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:29 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:03 pm
Enoch wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Enoch wrote:

No good for me, I'd be back from the shops before I left home!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:22 pm

I drove an electric car once. It was a Silcocks special dodgem model. :|
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:30 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:22 pm
I drove an electric car once. It was a Silcocks special dodgem model. :|
:lol:

Superb cars

...limited roadage mind.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:37 am

Ah, TANGO, a wonderful comment. I used to love the dodgems at Luna Park. Magnificent machines. :)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:32 pm

The tax dodgers at our place are all driving hybrids which have never had a solitary ampere of charge.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:19 pm

Another model out from Tesla.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-47570133
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:46 pm

Our Kid works for an internationally renowned Dutch courier and delivery services company, who, decided to test electric lorries from their Team Valley site. Now then, those of you familiar with Team Valley will also be familiar with the long, steep climb that takes you up from there to The Angel of the North. These wagons required something in the order of 28 batteries to power them, thus meaning that they'd less room for parcels and weighed an absolute ton. Apparently they could only achieve 18 mph going up said hill and created huge congestion on a stretch of road that generally congested at the best of times.
They sent them all back in the end.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:04 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:46 pm
Our Kid works for an internationally renowned Dutch courier and delivery services company, who, decided to test electric lorries from their Team Valley site. Now then, those of you familiar with Team Valley will also be familiar with the long, steep climb that takes you up from there to The Angel of the North. These wagons required something in the order of 28 batteries to power them, thus meaning that they'd less room for parcels and weighed an absolute ton. Apparently they could only achieve 18 mph going up said hill and created huge congestion on a stretch of road that generally congested at the best of times.
I have no doubt that there many many many shit vehicles out there. Tesla Model S ain't one of them. Still fxcking expensive mind. But less expensive than when I first considered one.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:11 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:04 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I have no doubt that there many many many shit vehicles out there. Tesla Model S ain't one of them. Still fxcking expensive mind. But less expensive than when I first considered one.
Was up in Keswick a couple of months ago, sat out the back of The Oddfellows having a few snifters whilst this bloke was pottering around for about 45 minutes waiting for his Tesla to charge up. Not sure which list would be longer - the advantages of ownership or the disadvantages?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:20 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:11 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Was up in Keswick a couple of months ago, sat out the back of The Oddfellows having a few snifters whilst this bloke was pottering around for about 45 minutes waiting for his Tesla to charge up. Not sure which list would be longer - the advantages of ownership or the disadvantages?
Which is why I still haven't bought one.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:38 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:20 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I have.

By the by, I'm off to Arras in May, the hotel I'm booked into has 48 bedrooms and 10 charging points for said cars. Wonder if there are UK hotels that can boast similar.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:02 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:38 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I have.

By the by, I'm off to Arras in May, the hotel I'm booked into has 48 bedrooms and 10 charging points for said cars. Wonder if there are UK hotels that can boast similar.
Does that mean that 38 people can sleep peacefully, but ten have snoring cars slurping up electricity? :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:59 pm

Enoch wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I have.

I've just taken delivery of my two door A5 40 TFSI coupe. I couldn't give a feck about your car :D Poke it up your arse :D

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:12 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:59 pm
Enoch wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I have.

I've just taken delivery of my two door A5 40 TFSI coupe. I couldn't give a feck about your car :D Poke it up your arse :D
Oh dear yet another one to watch out for :wink:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:35 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I have.

Crazy as it may seem, I'm not taking the 3 to France, not enough 'boot' for four sets and luggage. Taking the A6.

:wink:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:26 am

Enoch wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:35 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I have.

Crazy as it may seem, I'm not taking the 3 to France, not enough 'boot' for four sets and luggage. Taking the A6.

:wink:
I would have thought a Tesla S with its trunk and frunk would have more boot space than an Audi A6, or anything short of a minivan. Of course I'm not sure what four sets means. Twins? Golf clubs? Drunken acquaintances?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:36 am

Keep up, Monty, it's a 3!