Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by jmjhb » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:39 pm

We'll be in a better plaice soon

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:50 pm

You're fcuking codding me?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:52 pm

Well I hope something happens soon.....or we're dining on water and PIKE-rusts!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:53 pm

If someone could stop all the fish jokes and instead give us some news about a last minute saviour that would be brill.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:32 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:28 pm
Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:55 am
& as from my reading, this is why there's some speculation over the Basran Bids potential funds
Not having a go at you Jim but IMO that's an easy and understandable but incorrect conclusion to jump to.

For instance. Imagine I go to my local fish market, see some Dover sole priced at £2.50 and ask to buy it. The fishmonger wraps it, takes it to the till and says "That'll be a fiver please mate". Could I afford it? Yes, I could. Would I pay it? Not without a whole heap of haggling, finger-pointing and perhaps downright frustration. Who knows, I might even walk away.

A stupid example, perhaps. But you get the drift. And at some point, with his stock going off, the fishmonger might drop his price.
The theory behind this comes from talk that if Basran had the money he could simply buy the debt from Moonshift (whatever that debt is) and recall the shares from inner circle....hence buying the club for merely the Moonshift loan debt. Then he could pay off the outstanding HMRC bills and secured creditors (or reach deals with them) without having to negotiate with KA at all. No idea whether that is a feasible line of argument or not...worthy can probably offer a good view on it.....
He'll know better than me but I'm not sure you can buy someone's debt out like that. At least, not without the possibility of legal argument, which would help nobody but Ken might still threaten it, just because.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:58 pm

Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:55 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Jim_McDonuts wrote:
& as from my reading, this is why there's some speculation over the Basran Bids potential funds
Not having a go at you Jim but IMO that's an easy and understandable but incorrect conclusion to jump to.

For instance. Imagine I go to my local fish market, see some Dover sole priced at £2.50 and ask to buy it. The fishmonger wraps it, takes it to the till and says "That'll be a fiver please mate". Could I afford it? Yes, I could. Would I pay it? Not without a whole heap of haggling, finger-pointing and perhaps downright frustration. Who knows, I might even walk away.

A stupid example, perhaps. But you get the drift. And at some point, with his stock going off, the fishmonger might drop his price.
The theory behind this comes from talk that if Basran had the money he could simply buy the debt from Moonshift (whatever that debt is) and recall the shares from inner circle....hence buying the club for merely the Moonshift loan debt. Then he could pay off the outstanding HMRC bills and secured creditors (or reach deals with them) without having to negotiate with KA at all. No idea whether that is a feasible line of argument or not...worthy can probably offer a good view on it.....
He'll know better than me but I'm not sure you can buy someone's debt out like that. At least, not without the possibility of legal argument, which would help nobody but Ken might still threaten it, just because.
I mean you can buy/sell debt...happens frequently...whether there is any particular impediment to that in this case? I do not know....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:01 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:58 pm
Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:55 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Jim_McDonuts wrote:

I mean you can buy/sell debt...happens frequently...whether there is any particular impediment to that in this case? I do not know....
Yeah, badly phrased - I know you can buy and sell debt, that's part of how the sub-prime f*cktastrophe started in 2008. But signed agreements like those between Ken & Eddie, I think, may well be different. Would you expect Ken to sign a contract which could leave him exposed?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:12 pm

And you certainly wouldn’t just give him some cash in the hope that he uses it to pay off the debt....oh Lordy we need rid of Kenneth.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:23 pm

Fair enough, & agree with all the above
(more fish jokes though please, lessens the stench)

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:11 pm

...or tench

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:16 pm

With all this talk of buying and selling debt, it seems to me we need a loan shark.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:23 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:16 pm
With all this talk of buying and selling debt, it seems to me we need a loan shark.
Even a baby one would do........

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:30 pm

I do find it rather strange in some ways , and slightly disconcerting , that since Friday there has been zero comment / communication from the club itself. IF the previous bidders have walked away then surely any previous NDA's are null and void.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:34 pm

knobpolisher wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:30 pm
I do find it rather strange in some ways , and slightly disconcerting , that since Friday there has been zero comment / communication from the club itself. IF the previous bidders have walked away then surely any previous NDA's are null and void.
What would Ken say?
Sorry folks - all deals are off - thanks to everyone at the club, its been a pleasure working here. Its a shame that the behaviour of others has meant that the club will no longer exist. Unfortunately since arriving here we have become aware that whatever we did, others wanted the club to die. I have done everything I can to prevent that, but sadly there is nothing more to be done.
Cya on the other side. Be loud and proud.

Ken

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:40 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:34 pm
knobpolisher wrote:
What would Ken say?
Sorry folks - all deals are off - thanks to everyone at the club, its been a pleasure working here. Its a shame that the behaviour of others has meant that the club will no longer exist. Unfortunately since arriving here we have become aware that whatever we did, others wanted the club to die. I have done everything I can to prevent that, but sadly there is nothing more to be done.

Ken
Ken is that you , if so please see my signature immediately below.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:53 pm

This is becoming more stressful. I'm hungry but barely able to see food.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:04 pm

knobpolisher wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:40 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
knobpolisher wrote:
What would Ken say?

Ken
Ken is that you , if so please see my signature immediately below.
In the spirit of the thread, I don't think you actually own that signature, I think it's really owned by John Cooper Clarke. Bit like Bolton's ownership, it's never straight forwards :-)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
knobpolisher wrote:
What would Ken say?

Ken
I see the Pullitzer prize is still up for grabs
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:44 pm

Lots of carping on.

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:37 pm

Enoch wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:44 pm
Lots of carping on.
Yay!
Nothing 30 million squid wouldn't sort (sorry)