What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by jmjhb » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:27 pm

I thought the opposite. Just isn't the same with Merchant not there as a filter.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:10 pm

Fleabag? More like licebag.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:06 pm

Second series of fleabag has been outstanding. Always wondered how they would follow up the first, but it’s possibly better. It’s my favourite thing that’s been on for a while.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:52 pm

Yep, it's glorious. Even pipping Partridge for best thing on at the moment.

Plus Derry Girls and Jerk (co-written by a v good friend and one time drinking buddy of Enoch) and I haven't even got around to After Life yet.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:33 pm

Just watched last night's Partridge. Classic Alan :D Pleased that it's improved with each episode.

Currently watching 'The Disappearance of Madeline McCann'. I'm even more confused by it now. However, what a dog's dinner the whole investigation's been on all fronts.
May the bridges I burn light your way

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:54 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:36 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:15 pm
Has anybody watched / started watching After Life with Ricky Gervais on Netflix? If so, is it worth watching?
Yes. It's brilliant and I can't recommend it enough. Possibly his best ever work.

I liked it as well. Very funny with a nice ending.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:56 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:54 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:36 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:15 pm
Has anybody watched / started watching After Life with Ricky Gervais on Netflix? If so, is it worth watching?
Yes. It's brilliant and I can't recommend it enough. Possibly his best ever work.

I liked it as well. Very funny with a nice ending.
Watched all six last night. Loved it all the way through. Exemplary sarcasm :)

Also had a belting soundtrack, which I now feel the need to download.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:38 pm

I didn't watch it, I listened to 'Short Cuts' on Radio 4 today, well worth a visit to iPlayer.

Brian Price, who was an inmate and last meal chef on Texas' death row telling his story. Very moving piece, a story of great compassion.

Great title for his book too, 'Meals To Die For.'

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:53 pm

Enoch wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:38 pm
I didn't watch it, I listened to 'Short Cuts' on Radio 4 today, well worth a visit to iPlayer.

Brian Price, who was an inmate and last meal chef on Texas' death row telling his story. Very moving piece, a story of great compassion.

Do love listening to the stories of people with unusual professions. Cheers, Enoch. I'll have a listen to that later.

One of my favourites was the Sommelier at 10 Downing St. The place has a very impressive cellar. It's this guy's job not only to select the correct wine for a state dinner but also make sure that the wine is politically suitable, so for eg. Don't serve Italian wine to someone who's just had a run in with Giuseppe Conte. Ultimately the guy got proper frustrated by having to serve some of the century's best wines to people who couldn't tell it from red ink :D

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:02 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:53 pm
Enoch wrote:

Do love listening to the stories of people with unusual professions. Cheers, Enoch. I'll have a listen to that later.

One of my favourites was the Sommelier at 10 Downing St. The place has a very impressive cellar. It's this guy's job not only to select the correct wine for a state dinner but also make sure that the wine is politically suitable, so for eg. Don't serve Italian wine to someone who's just had a run in with Giuseppe Conte. Ultimately the guy got proper frustrated by having to serve some of the century's best wines to people who couldn't tell it from red ink :D
Ha, just been listening to Horace Rumpole waxing lyrical about "Chateau Thames Embankment". :D

Any recollection of where you heard that, or if it's still available, Bruce?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:08 pm

Enoch wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:02 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:53 pm
Enoch wrote:

Ha, just been listening to Horace Rumpole waxing lyrical about "Chateau Thames Embankment". :D

Any recollection of where you heard that, or if it's still available, Bruce?
Ooof. It was (20 + odd?) years ago, Chief. (I used Conte with licence). Radio 4 used to have an early afternoon slot called 'Anderson's Country' hosted by the wonderful, silky-toned Ulsterman, Gerry Anderson (sadly no longer with us). At the time Radio 4 was trying to incorporate more regional accents amongst its presenters. Anderson's show was chiefly built around sending reporters out to visit the vagaries of British life and to interview those involved in unusual professions. I absolutely loved it - to such a degree whereby if possible I'd plan meetings around it.
Anyway, Disgusted of the Home Counties wrote into the BBC by the drove to complain about being used as social guinea pigs and demanding presenters who use only SRP.
Sadly, incredibly, they got their way and Anderson was released after less than a year.
I will try to dig it out though. I'd love to hear it again.
There's a link here regarding the end of what, to me, was one of R4's finest shows ever.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/radi ... 68464.html

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:52 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:08 pm
Ooof. It was (20 + odd?) years ago, Chief. (I used Conte with licence). Radio 4 used to have an early afternoon slot called 'Anderson's Country' hosted by the wonderful, silky-toned Ulsterman, Gerry Anderson (sadly no longer with us). At the time Radio 4 was trying to incorporate more regional accents amongst its presenters. Anderson's show was chiefly built around sending reporters out to visit the vagaries of British life and to interview those involved in unusual professions. I absolutely loved it - to such a degree whereby if possible I'd plan meetings around it.
Anyway, Disgusted of the Home Counties wrote into the BBC by the drove to complain about being used as social guinea pigs and demanding presenters who use only SRP.
Sadly, incredibly, they got their way and Anderson was released after less than a year.
I will try to dig it out though. I'd love to hear it again.
There's a link here regarding the end of what, to me, was one of R4's finest shows ever.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/radi ... 68464.html

I remember Anderson, been a 4 listener longer than I care to remember. Was pretty pissed off at the time myself when he was binned, used to listen to him in the car.

I'll have a dig, see what turns up.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:43 am

Don't Forget the Driver.
What was that! The first shitcom.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:56 pm

Just three more days 'til Game of Thrones starts to end.

I'm very ambivalent about the proposed prequel stuff. Very.
But I am really looking forward to the next six weeks.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:18 pm

Celebrity Paint Challenge. B.B.C.1 8-0'clock tonight. (8-30 in Wales) Phil Tufnell and Jane Seymour are amongst the contestants. Harmless enough fun. I'll be there.. :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:28 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:18 pm
Celebrity Paint Challenge. B.B.C.1 8-0'clock tonight. (8-30 in Wales) Phil Tufnell and Jane Seymour are amongst the contestants. Harmless enough fun. I'll be there.. :D
Me too.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:59 pm

Last Fleabag. Pitch perfect. She's so, so good. And Olivia Colman.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:03 am

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:59 pm
Last Fleabag. Pitch perfect. She's so, so good. And Olivia Colman.
Agreed. This series has been the best thing I’ve seen in a long time. Great combination of comedy and tragedy, with some great dialogue and set piece monologues.

I loved the first series, but the deeper emotional issues explored in this one took it to another level.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:38 pm

Don't see the love, just a slightly better Miranda Hart doing posh girl stuff.

I can understand the Mumsnet demographic liking it. The Wanderer? Not so much

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:56 pm

Third round of The Masters. Good stuff, most of the usual suspects in there (Rory Mac, Justin Rose and a Brit presence the notable exeptions) . Our one local hero, Ian Poulter is on 8 under a couple behind the leaders, Molinari , Finau and Woods(I wouldn't mind Molinari wacking the yanks and winning) and Tommy Fleetwood is back on 4 under. Woods is in there too as joint leader, but he's always susceptible to blow. Tomorrow should be good, live on B.B.C.2 all afternoon. One thing that bugs about Augusta, "in the woods/trees" is a bit of a joke as the trees all seem to be twenty yards apart and the "rough" is pine needles and bark chippings and hardly seem to penalise. Maybe Bruce can elaborate on that? Over here rough is rough and you very rarely make par never mind birdies once in there . Play not finished as I write.

Edit. Ice-cool Molinari take the lead on 13 under, Woods on 11 and a fine finish by Poulter leaves him on 9 under. Anything can happen tomorrow. They're making it look like a pitch and putt course; they wouldn't do that with Bolton Muni, I tell you.. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?