Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:15 pm

EFL has a 10% threshold for divs in other clubs.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/ef ... rovisions/
104.1 Except with the prior written consent of the Board a person, or any associate of that person, who is interested in a Club cannot at the same time be interested in any other football club.

104.5 The holding of not more than 10 per cent of the share capital of any football club shall be disregarded for the purposes of this Regulation 104 provided that those shares are, in the opinion of the Board, held purely for investment purposes only.
NB in rule 103, which relates to *club* owning other clubs, it lays out:
103.3.1 ‘football club’ means any football club which is in membership of any of the following:
(a) The League;
(b) The Premier League;
(c) The National League;
(d) The Southern League;
(e) The Isthmian League;
(f) The Northern Premier League; or
(g) any League from time to time operated under the auspices of the Scottish Professional Football League, or Irish Football League;
and any league which may from time to time replace any of the above mentioned leagues or conferences, or be formed in relation to the playing of Association Football at a level equivalent to that played in any of the aforementioned leagues.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:16 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:09 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:02 pm
malcd1 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:54 pm
He must be a foreign club owner then if he has a major stake in another profession football team.
As in "owner of a foreign club" (sounds like a late-period Yes song) rather than "a foreign owner of a club in England"

But it depends how you define a "major" shareholder - might not be "majority" - could be some clever wordplay there. These things are often limited. Back around the turn of the century when broadcast companies were forbidden from owning clubs, many scaled down to 19.99999%. Premier League's fit & proper persons test only applies to those over 30% holdings. Not quite sure what EFL threshold is. IIRC Trevor Hemmings had small slices of Blackpool and Bolton at same time as Preston.

And of course he (or she?) could divest this major holding elsewhere...

Would he / she be able to own 94.5% of Bolton and a 15% in say Preston though?
Hello mate - "not more than 10%". See post above (written before I saw yours).
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:19 pm

Nixon saying its a foreign club. Though given he was trying to find out who it was I suspect he's guessing.

The sinking feeling when the mystery buyer is revealed as.....

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:22 pm

Trump is removing Obama era pay day loan lending restrictions apparently :)

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:27 pm

Someone posted on Wanderers Ways who is associated with the Basran bid (believe it's Sharon Brittan but can't be sure):
Just thought I'd make an appearance to say that Mr Basran is still interested but unless Mr Anderson lowers his demands nothing is likely to happen on that front.

This new 'mystery' bidder is known to us, though we did not expect anything to come of it, he/they have very deep pockets.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:28 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:27 pm
Someone posted on Wanderers Ways who CLAIMS TO BE associated with the Basran bid but very likely isn't!
Just thought I'd make an appearance to say that Mr Basran is still interested but unless Mr Anderson lowers his demands nothing is likely to happen on that front.

This new 'mystery' bidder is known to us, though we did not expect anything to come of it, he/they have very deep pockets.
Just a change there to reflect reality :wink:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:30 pm

I love the idea that millionaire businessfolk will maintain strict media silence but can't wait to go on Wanderers Ways and blurt their guts.

A bit like I love the idea of Give Peace A Chance.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:31 pm

Maybe. Would still give it more credence than Iles though.
Last edited by jmjhb on Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:33 pm

Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:12 pm

"the greatest trick contemporary capitalism ever pulled, was convincing the public that digital has no value"
I think you're giving a little too much credit there. For me the problem was that in the early days of the t'Interweb everyone convinced themselves that they could earn so much advertising revenue they could give the content away for free. By the time they realised this wasn't true Joe Public had gotten too used to getting it for free to start paying for it again.

I must admit that I came up with a brilliant idea back in the 90s but was too lazy/incompetent to make it happen before the Internet grew up!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:33 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:31 pm
Maybe. Would give it more credence than Iles though.
That's the triumph of free will.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:34 pm

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:37 pm

Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:04 pm
Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:58 pm
nice post, props.
As a composer of obscure contemporary/classical experimental computer music, with a sideline in writing open source tools - I can confirm there are many currently unsustainable models doing the rounds :grin:
Ta. As a writer and musician, I feel your pain. Sadly with developments like free distribution, unpaid internships etc etc it's going back toward the old model wherein you have to be relatively rich to afford to be creative. We all hoped digitisation would democratise production, which to an extent it does, but the erosion of payment for creativity means there's nobody paying the bills.

Anyway, that's a convo for another time...
I think it is totally relevant to where we (Bolton Wanderers) find ourselves, frankly. The models for finance generation do not provide a profit. Playing football, is like writing and music, an art form. It either generates its own income or it needs sponsorship... At the moment the field is unbalanced. There are too many top clubs but not enough players generating income and too few bottom clubs and far too many player entrants attracting sponsorship.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:48 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:37 pm
Jim_McDonuts wrote:
nice post, props.
As a composer of obscure contemporary/classical experimental computer music, with a sideline in writing open source tools - I can confirm there are many currently unsustainable models doing the rounds :grin:
Ta. As a writer and musician, I feel your pain. Sadly with developments like free distribution, unpaid internships etc etc it's going back toward the old model wherein you have to be relatively rich to afford to be creative. We all hoped digitisation would democratise production, which to an extent it does, but the erosion of payment for creativity means there's nobody paying the bills.

I think it is totally relevant to where we (Bolton Wanderers) find ourselves, frankly. The models for finance generation do not provide a profit. Playing football, is like writing and music, an art form. It either generates its own income or it needs sponsorship... At the moment the field is unbalanced. There are too many top clubs but not enough players generating income and too few bottom clubs and far too many player entrants attracting sponsorship.
It's interesting. Football makes more money than it costs, for now, but the cash isn't distributed effectively. Look at our division (or at least the one we're in for the next six weeks).

Where football might come more into line with the above problem - too few people pay for journalism, too few people pay for music - is if broadcasts are widely pirated and consumed in enough quantity to affect attendance or, more importantly, further broadcast deals. (I use 'broadcast' rather than TV as that old platform may not remain as integral as it was.)

Anyway, I'd better carry on with making some old-fashioned dead-tree content...

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:50 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:37 pm
Jim_McDonuts wrote:
nice post, props.

Whoah - awesome moment of wanderer unity

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:52 pm

Vive the feck*' revolution comrades - onwards eh

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:59 pm

(we could close this thread now maybe)

----BE GONE----

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:00 pm

you bastard

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:03 pm

Perhaps Domingos should get 1st dibs on the next one, it's a great title.

You know, I'm starting to feel lighter about all this, like it's actually going to change

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:06 pm

He'd be hard-pressed to title the next one. Don't even know the buyer's name. Or, possibly, if s/he even exists.

I'm hopeful, but then I always was. Still some woods to clear yet. Due diligence, for a start. It's like when your awful mate manages to get a new girlfriend, and you wonder how long she's going to last before she bolts...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:07 pm

Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:34 pm
Fecking brilliant. So we don't think it is the unnamed person we thought it might have been. That's helpful :-)