Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:55 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:28 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:14 pm
Will be interesting to hear more details. So far the statements suggest Ken sold his shares for a "nominal amount".

- Are Michael James and Brett Warburton still creditors?
- Has Ken paid off Moonshift?
- Does Bassini have the money to pay off all the unsecured creditors (£20mish) or will he try and do some sort of deal?
- Nixon has already previously suggested Paul Aldridge will be involved, will the Andersons?

If Ken did indeed move money out of the club using ICI then that is where the benefit is for him, a no questions asked give the shares away deal to Bassini.

Still we aren't liquidated just yet....
According to Nixon (https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -anderson/)

• "Anderson had prepared a potential move into administration and a sale to Football Ventures [Whites] Limited who include Sharon Britan and local businessman Mike James who is owed £6million by the club. However Anderson decided to hand over to Bassini instead and the deal will be complete once initial bills are paid to management and players - with the Football League needing that cash to be handed over.... James is a secured creditor who is still due around £6 million"

• "Eddie Davies... gave his beloved club a £5m loan before he died and that is now overdue. The Davies family were also looking for further unsecured loans to be paid back, many used to bankroll the club after his departure. However they may now be lost."

On Warburton, and your questions 3 and 4, no idea. Are you sure Nixon was referring to the Bassini deal when he said Aldridge would still be involved? Hmmm... much has changed since then.
Yes Nixon's Aldridge tweet was definitely relating to Bassini, in fact it was when the news of Bassini first broke around three weeks (feels like years) ago. There are also other tweets out there albeit from less credible sources suggesting the Andersons will retain some involvement.

I would like to believe that Bassini has gone from being unable to afford his rent, following his double bankruptcy, to a guy capable of spending around £30m on a declining football club he has absolutely no connection with, funding £10m-£15m annual losses from next season, whilst investing more in a squad capable of success. I really would.

However the skeptic in me sees the following scenario. Ken "encourages" Bassini to get involved, sells him his shares for £1, Ken winds up ICI walks away with any gains he may or may not have made, including not paying Moonshift, Bassini gets a chance to be in the spotlight and improve his reputation, and the financial position is pretty much as it was. And don't forget that means Ken is a secured creditor so automatically has some involvement. He could easily convert that into equity in the club going forward, which would reduce Bassini's costs by £5m. We will soon find out I guess.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:24 pm

I felt like I'd been gut-punched when I heard but if he's now in then obviously has to be given a clean slate and chance to put his plans in place.

It's somewhat disconcerting, though, that during the interview he's just given to Jim White he stated the following: "I didn't have time to do the full due diligence on it because there's a number of things that need to be gone through".

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:54 pm

Why does this all feel like a money laundering exercise?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:57 pm

Just suppose...a hypothetical James Bond Plot:

A rich somebody from Nobodyknowswhereland, with a lot of pieces on his chessboard, needs to put his money to work and says, "Hey, I know a guy we can use as a frontman while we stay in the shadows. Buy a football club in his name but with our vault-fulls of golden coconuts etc as collateral, we stay in the background but satisfy all interested tax collectors etc, we have the wherewithall (well, all businesses meet the highwaymen eventually) and our legal eagles keep all the paperwork nice and safe for when it rains..."

Meanwhile, back in Horwich folk are still wondering how a twice bankrupt guy can convince all and sundry he can afford thirty million to keep the fans smiling.............Shirley Bassey sings "Goldfinger" over the tannoy and the sale of red helmets goes off the scale.

Well, I did say "Hypothetical" :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:09 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:54 pm

Feels like Philip Green selling BHS for £1 to three time bankrupt Dominic Chappell.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:30 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:24 pm
I felt like I'd been gut-punched when I heard but if he's now in then obviously has to be given a clean slate and chance to put his plans in place.

It's somewhat disconcerting, though, that during the interview he's just given to Jim White he stated the following: "I didn't have time to do the full due diligence on it because there's a number of things that need to be gone through".
Agreed. His answers on being the right man to take us forward didn’t fill me with confidence either but we could put that down to being rusty at media / tired from a late night and long day and potential worry at what he’s going to unearth...

Got massive alarm bells ringing this one but it’s a clean slate!

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:24 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:57 pm
Just suppose...a hypothetical James Bond Plot:

A rich somebody from Nobodyknowswhereland, with a lot of pieces on his chessboard, needs to put his money to work and says, "Hey, I know a guy we can use as a frontman while we stay in the shadows. Buy a football club in his name but with our vault-fulls of golden coconuts etc as collateral, we stay in the background but satisfy all interested tax collectors etc, we have the wherewithall (well, all businesses meet the highwaymen eventually) and our legal eagles keep all the paperwork nice and safe for when it rains..."

Meanwhile, back in Horwich folk are still wondering how a twice bankrupt guy can convince all and sundry he can afford thirty million to keep the fans smiling.............Shirley Bassey sings "Goldfinger" over the tannoy and the sale of red helmets goes off the scale.

Well, I did say "Hypothetical" :wink:
I don't think you're too far off the mark with that.

watfordfan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by watfordfan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:02 pm

As a cunning disguise, you may not know by my user name, but I'm a Watford fan. :grin:

I'm writing on your board as I heard you have the red helmet as your new owner.

I'm happy to answer any of your concerns, and have plenty of interesting stories I can share if you guys are interested.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:19 pm

watfordfan wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:02 pm
As a cunning disguise, you may not know by my user name, but I'm a Watford fan. :grin:

I'm happy to answer any of your concerns, and have plenty of interesting stories I can share if you guys are interested.
I think we're just strapping in for a bumpy ride... :-) Anderson historically was no angel, diverting funds related to his previous disqualification, so combined with what we've read/ been told, I reckon there's relief we've not been liquidated but a significant wonder as to whether we're now in the fire having jumped from the frying pan.

The only observation I'd make, is IF, as some interpretations suggest he's wiped the historic debts and will make due payments in the next month or so, he's probably had to pump £20m or so in (might have negotiated some creditors lower of course), but either way a sizeable chunk.

It's all a bit of unfolding mystery at the moment. We don't yet have to protect the Office safe. It doesn't have anything in it. :-)

watfordfan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by watfordfan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:51 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:19 pm
watfordfan wrote:

I think we're just strapping in for a bumpy ride... :-) Anderson historically was no angel, diverting funds related to his previous disqualification, so combined with what we've read/ been told, I reckon there's relief we've not been liquidated but a significant wonder as to whether we're now in the fire having jumped from the frying pan.

The only observation I'd make, is IF, as some interpretations suggest he's wiped the historic debts and will make due payments in the next month or so, he's probably had to pump £20m or so in (might have negotiated some creditors lower of course), but either way a sizeable chunk.

It's all a bit of unfolding mystery at the moment. We don't yet have to protect the Office safe. It doesn't have anything in it. :-)
Ha ha.....yes.....I see you've heard the legendary safe key story.

From what you say, there's no way he has £20m to invest in your club. When he was at Watford, it seemed that he was just a front man for someone else. He had a backer. Now his family seem to be well healed, but he himself, is the runt of the family in that respect.

He talks the talk and he will promise you everything you want to hear, but it's all phoney I'm afraid. There's no substance to any of it. It became ludicrous in the end.

No doubt he'll come out with statements that he made mistakes at Watford and lessons learned etc, but a leopard does not change its spots.

As a Bolton fan, you will quite rightly hope he'll be decent and genuine and will give him the benefit of the doubt until proved otherwise. We had the same reservations but he was given every chance to prove himself, but it became clear very early on he was a chancer.

I'm amazed he's got back in football. I'm amazed the EFL would ever sanction him. He was banned for 3 years because of his dishonestly.

He was made bankrupt twice, and even changed his name from Bazini to Bassini to hide the fact he'd been bankrupt.

When interviewed, he acted like a child, trying to make up stories about events, which even with the greatest deal of naivety, anyone could see through.

He's referred to as the red helmet because our local paper, The Watford Observer, often used the same photo of him with a red builders hard hat. He got so annoyed that he threatened to sue the paper for using the same photo. So, of course, they used it even more.

You'll get used to that. He threatens to sue everyone one. He threatened to sue SkySports News as well for another trivial event.

Even the late Graham Taylor fell out with him, and called him a liar, for making up reasons for not attending a fans forum, which he did more than once. Of course, he threatened to sue GT as well. You can see a common theme here.

I wish Bolton all the best, but this guy will take you into the mire. He's really bad news. A total fantasist who has delusions of grandeur.

He wants a football club as a status symbol, so he can show his family he's not a total idiot.

My only advice is, of there is a way to stop him from taking over, take it. He's hard to get rid of. Watford were in a real mess when he left and only avoided administration and a points deduction by the skin of their teeth. The Pozzo's settled all debts and paid the HMRC. Bassini hid a lot of dept from our new owners too, so they withheld a payment for the Red Lion pub, which was part of the settlement deal. Of course Bassini sued the Pozzo's and of course lost the case, as he always does.

Spartan2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Spartan2 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:36 am

Think BWFC is gone. Can't see how any of this works out with us still being a club in twelve months time.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:54 am

watfordfan wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:51 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
watfordfan wrote:

Ha ha.....yes.....I see you've heard the legendary safe key story.

From what you say, there's no way he has £20m to invest in your club. When he was at Watford, it seemed that he was just a front man for someone else. He had a backer. Now his family seem to be well healed, but he himself, is the runt of the family in that respect.

He talks the talk and he will promise you everything you want to hear, but it's all phoney I'm afraid. There's no substance to any of it. It became ludicrous in the end.

No doubt he'll come out with statements that he made mistakes at Watford and lessons learned etc, but a leopard does not change its spots.

As a Bolton fan, you will quite rightly hope he'll be decent and genuine and will give him the benefit of the doubt until proved otherwise. We had the same reservations but he was given every chance to prove himself, but it became clear very early on he was a chancer.

I'm amazed he's got back in football. I'm amazed the EFL would ever sanction him. He was banned for 3 years because of his dishonestly.

He was made bankrupt twice, and even changed his name from Bazini to Bassini to hide the fact he'd been bankrupt.

When interviewed, he acted like a child, trying to make up stories about events, which even with the greatest deal of naivety, anyone could see through.

He's referred to as the red helmet because our local paper, The Watford Observer, often used the same photo of him with a red builders hard hat. He got so annoyed that he threatened to sue the paper for using the same photo. So, of course, they used it even more.

You'll get used to that. He threatens to sue everyone one. He threatened to sue SkySports News as well for another trivial event.

Even the late Graham Taylor fell out with him, and called him a liar, for making up reasons for not attending a fans forum, which he did more than once. Of course, he threatened to sue GT as well. You can see a common theme here.

I wish Bolton all the best, but this guy will take you into the mire. He's really bad news. A total fantasist who has delusions of grandeur.

He wants a football club as a status symbol, so he can show his family he's not a total idiot.

My only advice is, of there is a way to stop him from taking over, take it. He's hard to get rid of. Watford were in a real mess when he left and only avoided administration and a points deduction by the skin of their teeth. The Pozzo's settled all debts and paid the HMRC. Bassini hid a lot of dept from our new owners too, so they withheld a payment for the Red Lion pub, which was part of the settlement deal. Of course Bassini sued the Pozzo's and of course lost the case, as he always does.

So, I think you're saying Bassini's pledge that we'll be back in the Prem in three years' time ain't true. Damn. :D
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:25 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:09 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:54 pm

Feels like Philip Green selling BHS for £1 to three time bankrupt Dominic Chappell.
This is the picture I've had all week...Only of course Green was partially called to account over the pension fund...Not sure anyone will even look at this...reminds me of going to a mates wedding where we had to check out of the hotel at sparrow fart because one of the party had pissed the bed (not me, before you ask) :-)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:10 pm

watfordfan wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:51 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
watfordfan wrote:

Ha ha.....yes.....

Excuse fxcking me but...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:54 pm

Sky Sports News interview.

Few things in there less than "equivocally" yes...

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:43 pm

Jakerbeef wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:06 pm
Nevermind all that, what do Howardś WanderersWays make of all this?!

:wink:
tbf - she/he/them/it said it was Bassini (& a done deal) about 2 weeks ago.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:51 pm

Jim_McDonuts wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:43 pm
Jakerbeef wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:06 pm
Nevermind all that, what do Howardś WanderersWays make of all this?!

:wink:
tbf - she/he/them/it said it was Bassini (& a done deal) about 2 weeks ago.
That's true. He/She also said Bassini wasn't going to get it, that it was only Basran or their group that was going to get it & then suggested they were going to lend the money to Bassini after all.

Howard obviously had a lot of knowledge around finance but was a proper bullshitter and disappeared off WW as soon as he tripped himself up with his own fibs
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:01 pm

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/wh ... h-football

4-4-2 confirming something we've all known. Bolton are the hardest team to support right now
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:10 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:01 pm
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/wh ... h-football

4-4-2 confirming something we've all known. Bolton are the hardest team to support right now

Flanners!!!!
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:09 pm

Last time we went down to league one I posed the question whether any other supporters had seen fewer points / as many defeats in the past 5 years. I think either Worthy or DSB answered...Sunderland and Villa were the only two worse performing teams at that point. I doubt there’s anyone else now - we surely have to support the worst team in the land.