What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by jmjhb » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:00 pm

I imagine climate is a factor.

Also, probably just the Americans trying to make it easier for themselves, more style over substance, with fairways a mile wide and really shallow bunkers.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:08 pm

You watching Spots? Celebrity Paint Challenge, the Final. B.B.C.1 8-0'clock tonight. Only three, not six in this now. I don't agree with not letting all six battle it out; there were only four rounds and it seems a bit unfair. Personally, I might not have picked the same three that are left. Any way, they have to paint Live Argentine Tango dancers in action, then in the British Museum. Should make good watching. I'll be there.. :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:16 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:08 pm
You watching Spots? Celebrity Paint Challenge, the Final. B.B.C.1 8-0'clock tonight. Only three, not six in this now. I don't agree with not letting all six battle it out; there were only four rounds and it seems a bit unfair. Personally, I might not have picked the same three that are left. Any way, they have to paint Live Argentine Tango dancers in action, then in the British Museum. Should make good watching. I'll be there.. :D
Yep I'll be watching and rooting for Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen, especially as that Daphne Todd seems to hate his guts...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:56 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:16 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Yep I'll be watching and rooting for Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen, especially as that Daphne Todd seems to hate his guts...
Daphne "my way or the highway" Todd, ( I don't much like her either) is a portrait painter of the mirror image school. She's very good at what she does but a bit stick-in-the-mud towards interpretation. Not everybody is, or wants to paint Constable or Rembrandt style. I prefer the Lacklan chap's approach, much fairer and he encourages inventive work, more Van Gogh and Turner and open to ideas. I'd have liked Phil Tufnel and Simon Le Bon's daughter the have gone through, but that's show business for you. :)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:09 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:56 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Daphne "my way or the highway" Todd, ( I don't much like her either) is a portrait painter of the mirror image school. She's very good at what she does but a bit stick-in-the-mud towards interpretation. Not everybody is, or wants to paint Constable or Rembrandt style. I prefer the Lacklan chap's approach, much fairer and he encourages inventive work, more Van Gogh and Turner and open to ideas. I'd have liked Phil Tufnel and Simon Le Bon's daughter the have gone through, but that's show business for you. :)
Phil Tufnel was quite good. Better than Josie D'arby.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:16 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:09 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:56 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Phil Tufnel was quite good. Better than Josie D'arby.
Oh well she won!
Tufnell and Llewellyn-Bowen impressed me nontheless.

I still prefer the non-celebrity edition ... When's that back, and which channel?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:45 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:16 pm

Oh well she won!
Tufnell and Llewellyn-Bowen impressed me nontheless.

I still prefer the non-celebrity edition ... When's that back, and which channel?
Dunno mate. Haven't heard anything yet. I'll keep a lookout. In tonight's final, I thought it was really nice of Jane Seymour to buy the winning painting in the charity auction and give it back to the artist. Class.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:14 pm

Just been told there is very little point in watching tonight's episode of Game of Thrones. No Spoiler Alert as there is no spoiler. There's no spoiler because apparently you can't see fxck all. It's all BLACK SCREEN. You might as well watch it on radio. The longest battle scene in recorded film history which cost millions, and took 55 consecutive days to record, and you can't see a fxcking thing. Brilliant!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:36 am

I dunno, turn the brightness up a bit?

Fiddle with the settings? :D

Don't download a low quality torrent with lots of compression and clipping. Like I did. :(

Still a boss episode mind. If not quite battle of the bastids.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:34 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:14 pm
Just been told there is very little point in watching tonight's episode of Game of Thrones. No Spoiler Alert as there is no spoiler. There's no spoiler because apparently you can't see fxck all. It's all BLACK SCREEN. You might as well watch it on radio. The longest battle scene in recorded film history which cost millions, and took 55 consecutive days to record, and you can't see a fxcking thing. Brilliant!
I saw it absolutely perfectly.

Used the downloaded sky version as the sky recorded version is always pants. 2Gb difference between the recording and the download.

Also what an episode! But no battle of the bastards! But still an amazing episode. The amount of foreshadowing in this is mental....

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:18 pm

Jakerbeef wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:36 am

Don't download a low quality torrent with lots of compression and clipping. Like I did. :(

Having watched it with contrast, brightness and sharpness at max volumes, I managed to make out at least some scenes. Apart from Night King, the young bint, and Theon Greyjoy though, I've no idea who got killed as they all looked bloodied, bearded and male.
I mean, how many dragons even survived? What happened to Shadow?

Underwhelmed.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:25 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:18 pm
Jakerbeef wrote:

Having watched it with contrast, brightness and sharpness at max volumes, I managed to make out at least some scenes. Apart from Night King, the young bint, and Theon Greyjoy though, I've no idea who got killed as they all looked bloodied, bearded and male.

Underwhelmed.
That's GoT though. Not that many people of significance died did they? But the foreshadowing of destiny being fulfilled is impressive.

I thought it was a great episode. They've also got what - 3 more episodes to fill and no doubt the next will be the aftermath.

It was definitely less surprising than previous GoT big episodes...but I wonder if that is because a) the outcome could only be one thing (or the last three episodes are dead air) and b) there aren't that many characters left and hence not that easy to spring a surprise.

However, one thing that was a bit silly was how useless Jon Snow was. Leader of men, superb tactician and he spent most of the time titting around on a dragon only to end up in completely the wrong place and surrounded. Ameobiesque!

Still "not today" sent shivers down my spine!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:56 pm

I'd rather boil my head in piss than watch Game of Thrones. Over. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:58 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:56 pm
Not sure I'd go that far but I share the sentiment.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed May 01, 2019 2:54 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:56 pm

I'm sure that was in the second series. :wink:
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu May 02, 2019 5:57 pm

This:
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/game- ... 0-6466520/

Pretty much sums up how disappointing series 8 episode 3 was.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 02, 2019 8:02 pm

Not T.V's best advocate theses days, so was very late getting into Line of Duty. Have enjoyed it and shame it's coming to an end. Decent series.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Fri May 03, 2019 12:23 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:25 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jakerbeef wrote:

Underwhelmed.
That's GoT though. Not that many people of significance died did they? But the foreshadowing of destiny being fulfilled is impressive.

I thought it was a great episode. They've also got what - 3 more episodes to fill and no doubt the next will be the aftermath.

It was definitely less surprising than previous GoT big episodes...but I wonder if that is because a) the outcome could only be one thing (or the last three episodes are dead air) and b) there aren't that many characters left and hence not that easy to spring a surprise.

However, one thing that was a bit silly was how useless Jon Snow was. Leader of men, superb tactician and he spent most of the time titting around on a dragon only to end up in completely the wrong place and surrounded. Ameobiesque!

It was far too 'Hollywood', had GRRM been arsed to write the final two books I expect there would have been a few more deaths and a different result

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 03, 2019 1:25 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 12:23 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:25 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jakerbeef wrote:

Underwhelmed.

It was far too 'Hollywood', had GRRM been arsed to write the final two books I expect there would have been a few more deaths and a different result
Not sure I agree. You're coming to the end. The twists and turns have to wrap up. As for a "different result"...the result has been consistent with what was originally planned in series 1. The foreshadowing of "that moment" has been happening throughout the 7 series....

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Fri May 03, 2019 9:39 pm

Either way, the quality of writing fell off a cliff when they actually had to come up with original material.