A win would bee too late! Versus Brentford. Home Sat 27th April. 3-0'clock k

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

A win would bee too late! Versus Brentford. Home Sat 27th April. 3-0'clock k

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:50 pm

A damned if you do, damned if you don't affair. Lose and the you get the jeers, win and everybody will say "if we played like that every week we wouldn't be relegated. Pride is all that's left to play for, do the lads have any left? Blaze of glory or arse on fire?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Re: A no win affair. Versus Brentford. Home Sat 27th April. 3-0'clock k

Post by Enoch » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:52 am

Had you not thought of something along the the lines of:

A win would bee too late! - Brentford (H) 27/04/19

So much more.............

Rioja.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:20 am

Good news for those demanding squad rejuvenation: looks like Beevers and Williams are out for the last two. With Wheater whacked and Hobbs hobbled, Harry Brockbank might get shifted to the middle. With Olkowski notably absent of late, could Little get a game? With Williams our, could it mean game time for an underutilised midfielder who’s here next season... Luke Murphy?

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... he-season/

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:57 am

Enoch wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:52 am
Had you not thought of something along the the lines of:

A win would bee too late! - Brentford (H) 27/04/19
So much more.............
Rioja.
Well, I did think of Que Sera (what will be/e), but just for you... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: A win would bee too late! Versus Brentford. Home Sat 27th April. 3-0'clock k

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:15 pm

Be nice for Josh Vela to get a goodbye home appearance.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Re: A win would bee too late! Versus Brentford. Home Sat 27th April. 3-0'clock k

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:31 pm

Players threatening to boycott the game over the lack of pay.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... hip-clash/

I think we might win this one!
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:21 pm

Players' statement now included in the BN article.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... hip-clash/
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:24 pm

Fully and completely behind the players here. Yes they've been poor this season but mainly because most aren't really up to the job. That isn't their fault. But the toxic situation at the club has clearly been too much and an owner being at war with you before the season starts and then witholding payment several times...its just not good enough. They will be close to two months overdue and without communication or explanation.

They aren't exactly an easy bunch to like - in terms of results - but I think they are doing the right thing here.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:32 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:24 pm
Fully and completely behind the players here. Yes they've been poor this season but mainly because most aren't really up to the job. That isn't their fault. But the toxic situation at the club has clearly been too much and an owner being at war with you before the season starts and then witholding payment several times...its just not good enough. They will be close to two months overdue and without communication or explanation.

They aren't exactly an easy bunch to like - in terms of results - but I think they are doing the right thing here.
Really?
Will the season ticket holders get a refund? I thought a new owner was in charge, so are they 'going to war' with him too?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:36 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:32 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:24 pm

Really?
Will the season ticket holders get a refund? I thought a new owner was in charge, so are they 'going to war' with him too?
He's not in charge until the EFL approve him. Which it appears they have not or aren't. And furthermore - the new owner had said he would pay the players regardless but seems that hasn't happened either.

As for ST holders - its not the players fault - they've not been paid. They are due said pay. I suspect if someone had sat them down and explained when they'd be paid and offered a good line of supportive communication they'd be playing tomorrow even without pay. But that hasn't happened.

Frankly - I'd be gladly spared wasting an hour and a half tomorrow afternoon!

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:49 pm

Just looking at the official site and there is a request for fans to stay off the pitch for the final home game tomorrow- that must have meant the players as well.
Got to laugh.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:58 pm

Iiles has tweeted that the players made their intentions known on Wednesday, but no one at the club or EFL responded.
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:00 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:58 pm
Iiles has tweeted that the players made their intentions known on Wednesday, but no one at the club or EFL responded.
I don't think anyone is running the club. Anderson is abroad. And clearly will have nothing more to do with us. Bassini - who knows but its becoming increasingly clear that he's not the saviour.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:25 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:00 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:58 pm
I don't think anyone is running the club. Anderson is abroad. And clearly will have nothing more to do with us. Bassini - who knows but its becoming increasingly clear that he's not the saviour.
It was pretty clear from the very very start that Baz the Red Hat was no saviour of ours.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:29 pm

Haha what a feck* shambles, this is genuinely superb egg on the face for the EFL.

Match means nowt, most people will be glad not to go. It’s a shame for the Brentford fans and those fans who have already purchased travel options - hopefully the EFL (we only print the fixtures) will be compensating!!!!

Madness. If anyone thinks season tickets will sell in this environment they are nuts.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:40 pm

I expect there will be a fudge this evening that enables the game to go ahead. As mentioned previously by others, the EFL will want us to complete the season.
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:47 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:40 pm
I expect there will be a fudge this evening that enables the game to go ahead. As mentioned previously by others, the EFL will want us to complete the season.
They will, and I think you might be right about the fudge. It actually only really helps them as an organisation, not us as a football club. I'm rather hoping the players tell them to stick their fudge up their fudge packing.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:03 pm

If you ask me it's all down to the bang average thread title!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:14 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:03 pm
If you ask me it's all down to the bang average thread title!

Are you suggesting the title has caused the players to misbeehive? :D
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:18 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:20 am
Good news for those demanding squad rejuvenation: looks like Beevers and Williams are out for the last two. With Wheater whacked and Hobbs hobbled, Harry Brockbank might get shifted to the middle. With Olkowski notably absent of late, could Little get a game? With Williams our, could it mean game time for an underutilised midfielder who’s here next season... Luke Murphy?

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... he-season/
Olkowski has handed in a transfer request and hasn't been turning up for training apparently. It's the 3rd transfer request he has submitted
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"