A win would bee too late! Versus Brentford. Home Sat 27th April. 3-0'clock k

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4269
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: A win would bee too late! Versus Brentford. Home Sat 27th April. 3-0'clock k

Post by Enoch » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:34 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:14 pm
Enoch wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:03 pm
If you ask me it's all down to the bang average thread title!

Are you suggesting the title has caused the players to misbeehive? :D

Beelieve, Bro.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19834
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: A no win affair. Versus Brentford. Home Sat 27th April. 3-0'clock k

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:58 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:18 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:20 am
Good news for those demanding squad rejuvenation: looks like Beevers and Williams are out for the last two. With Wheater whacked and Hobbs hobbled, Harry Brockbank might get shifted to the middle. With Olkowski notably absent of late, could Little get a game? With Williams our, could it mean game time for an underutilised midfielder who’s here next season... Luke Murphy?

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... he-season/
Olkowski has handed in a transfer request and hasn't been turning up for training apparently. It's the 3rd transfer request he has submitted
Aye, I'd heard similar. (You wonder to whom he submitted it.) So, assuming he quite understandably fecks off in summer, we're down to seven contracted players for next season, of which two are goalkeepers. (Ben Alnwick, Remi Matthews, Jason Lowe, Luke Murphy, Erhun Oztumer, Sammy Ameobi, Josh Magennis).

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: A win would bee too late! Versus Brentford. Home Sat 27th April. 3-0'clock k

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:06 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:34 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:14 pm
Enoch wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:03 pm
If you ask me it's all down to the bang average thread title!

Are you suggesting the title has caused the players to misbeehive? :D

Beelieve, Bro.
Oh honey, stop waxing lyrical.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10164
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: A win would bee too late! Versus Brentford. Home Sat 27th April. 3-0'clock k

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:07 pm

Why would Olkowski hand in a transfer request - he might as well serve notice on his contract given he’s not been paid?

Winter Hill White
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:14 pm
Location: Lost

Re: A no win affair. Versus Brentford. Home Sat 27th April. 3-0'clock k

Post by Winter Hill White » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:01 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:18 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:20 am
Good news for those demanding squad rejuvenation: looks like Beevers and Williams are out for the last two. With Wheater whacked and Hobbs hobbled, Harry Brockbank might get shifted to the middle. With Olkowski notably absent of late, could Little get a game? With Williams our, could it mean game time for an underutilised midfielder who’s here next season... Luke Murphy?

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... he-season/
Olkowski has handed in a transfer request and hasn't been turning up for training apparently. It's the 3rd transfer request he has submitted
Presumably, Olkowski will only be due wages up to when he stopped turning up to training?

And I suppose the whole squad will be two days light in their pay packet (if it ever arrives!) for those two days they were on strike pre-Ipswich?

beakybee
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: A win would bee too late! Versus Brentford. Home Sat 27th April. 3-0'clock k

Post by beakybee » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:02 pm

Bees fan here. Got a ticket for tomorrow’s game and hope to see you all there.
Have every sympathy for you Bolton fans.What a mess ! Can see why players have come to this decision and a good statement from them and their predicament.
Any of you think youth players could be asked / requested to play tomorrow and against Forest ?
If I was a youth player at Bolton and was asked / requested to play, I’d tell them (owners) to shove the idea ... they’d be blacklisted, no ?!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 24929
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: A win would bee too late! Versus Brentford. Home Sat 27th April. 3-0'clock k

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:15 pm

beakybee wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:02 pm
Bees fan here. Got a ticket for tomorrow’s game and hope to see you all there.
Have every sympathy for you Bolton fans.What a mess ! Can see why players have come to this decision and a good statement from them and their predicament.
Any of you think youth players could be asked / requested to play tomorrow and against Forest ?
If I was a youth player at Bolton and was asked / requested to play, I’d tell them (owners) to shove the idea ... they’d be blacklisted, no ?!
They can't play the yoof tomorrow, they played Thursday and there's rules around how quick they can play again. Tomorrow is too soon as I hear it... And most of them not registered...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7771
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: A win would bee too late! Versus Brentford. Home Sat 27th April. 3-0'clock k

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:40 pm

beakybee wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:02 pm
Bees fan here. Got a ticket for tomorrow’s game and hope to see you all there.
Have every sympathy for you Bolton fans.What a mess ! Can see why players have come to this decision and a good statement from them and their predicament.
Any of you think youth players could be asked / requested to play tomorrow and against Forest ?
If I was a youth player at Bolton and was asked / requested to play, I’d tell them (owners) to shove the idea ... they’d be blacklisted, no ?!
I was almost relieved to hear it was off today because I was dreading going down there to watch our latest capitulation. Got to say I feel sorry for you bb if it doesn't go ahead, particularly if you were travelling up. Your lot were excellent last year. 3 stunning goals and Maupay was unplayable. If you'd played half as well tomorrow you'd have been out of sight within 10 minutes
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

beakybee
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: A win would bee too late! Versus Brentford. Home Sat 27th April. 3-0'clock k

Post by beakybee » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:04 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:40 pm
beakybee wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:02 pm
Bees fan here. Got a ticket for tomorrow’s game and hope to see you all there.
Have every sympathy for you Bolton fans.What a mess ! Can see why players have come to this decision and a good statement from them and their predicament.
Any of you think youth players could be asked / requested to play tomorrow and against Forest ?
If I was a youth player at Bolton and was asked / requested to play, I’d tell them (owners) to shove the idea ... they’d be blacklisted, no ?!
I was almost relieved to hear it was off today because I was dreading going down there to watch our latest capitulation. Got to say I feel sorry for you bb if it doesn't go ahead, particularly if you were travelling up. Your lot were excellent last year. 3 stunning goals and Maupay was unplayable. If you'd played half as well tomorrow you'd have been out of sight within 10 minutes
I’m based in Chester, so not too far off. Been to every away game this season.
Thanks for the compliments. If only we were as good away, as we are at home. Maybe it’s because of my presence. Th3 jinx lol
Anyway .. enough of me and us. Sounds like your new owner, is going to act as our saviour.. pay your players backdated wages and your last 2 games are on. What a man !
You have to be concerned by this guy ? His reputation is nothing to behold and what he did at Watford.
I fear for BWFC long term existence. I hope I am wrong
All the best to you, the supporters.

Mar
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1668
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:23 pm
Location: Bolton

Re: A win would bee too late! Versus Brentford. Home Sat 27th April. 3-0'clock k

Post by Mar » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:34 pm

I wonder how many people care for this season. It's a complete write off from the looks of it.

Paying the players will not detract from the fact they do not want to be caught up in this situation. Nobody does. So we might as well start playing people who appreciate some game time and give the players some much needed relief from the entire situation. I genuinely feel for the players and hope they get paid. It saddens me to see the performances that have been put in but it's hardly unexpected given the amount of off the field distress that has been coming their way.

A lap of honour tomorrow would be somewhat bittersweet and I don't think it would help. The jeers should be reserved for the owners.

Let's go with:

Ben Williams / James Aspinall

Muscatt
Brockbank
Zouma
Chiori Johnson

Joe Pritchard
Jack Earing
Duke-McKenna
Dennis Politic /Luca Connell (if he's not protesting with the rest of the first team)

Navarro

Connor Hall




Because who needs a first team when we've got owners like this!

nicholaldo
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1101
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 pm

Re: A win would bee too late! Versus Brentford. Home Sat 27th April. 3-0'clock k

Post by nicholaldo » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:37 pm

It's now officially off.

This is absolutely insane.

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 4952
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: A win would bee too late! Versus Brentford. Home Sat 27th April. 3-0'clock k

Post by DJBlu » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:39 pm

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/ ... brentford/

Ridiculous

Point deduction surely a certainty?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 24929
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: A win would bee too late! Versus Brentford. Home Sat 27th April. 3-0'clock k

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:40 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:37 pm
It's now officially off.

This is absolutely insane.
Yup. This isn't the best start ever seen to a takeover...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10164
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: A win would bee too late! Versus Brentford. Home Sat 27th April. 3-0'clock k

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:40 pm

https://bit.ly/2L6tPjo

Official statement.

We’re going tits up here.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19834
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: A win would bee too late! Versus Brentford. Home Sat 27th April. 3-0'clock k

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:41 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:37 pm
It's now officially off.

This is absolutely insane.
Indeed

Official statement: https://bit.ly/2L6tPjo

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 4952
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: A win would bee too late! Versus Brentford. Home Sat 27th April. 3-0'clock k

Post by DJBlu » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:46 pm

Only way the players have control I suppose. Can't blame em. I don't think I'd turn up to work if my employer chose not to pay me.

I really want to know what Owen Coyle put in the pitch at Wembley with his spoon as it's really pissed off the footballing gods.

This has been one shit show from that day.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10164
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: A win would bee too late! Versus Brentford. Home Sat 27th April. 3-0'clock k

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:51 pm

Dean fecking Holdsworth

beakybee
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: A win would bee too late! Versus Brentford. Home Sat 27th April. 3-0'clock k

Post by beakybee » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:55 pm

Will your away game at a Forest go ahead ?
Didn’t Swindon get demoted 2 divisions a while back
Could the players get paid and Bees game rescheduled for midweek ?
What a shambles !

beakybee
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:42 pm

Re: A win would bee too late! Versus Brentford. Home Sat 27th April. 3-0'clock k

Post by beakybee » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:55 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:51 pm
Dean fecking Holdsworth
Great striker for us

Athertonian
Promising
Promising
Posts: 269
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:18 pm

Re: A win would bee too late! Versus Brentford. Home Sat 27th April. 3-0'clock k

Post by Athertonian » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:01 pm

Disgraceful all round. The EFL have a lot to answer for.

I fear this is the end of BWFC as we know it. Anderson hell bent on killing the club. Bastard in every sense.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 48 guests