Red Hats and One-eyed Snakes - the ups and downs of new management.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Red Hats and One-eyed Snakes - the ups and downs of new management.

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:38 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:21 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:52 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:05 pm
Today in the Sunday Times, Rod Liddle, in a piece about us, made this staggering claim... "Bolton are an estimated £200m in debt..."
That can't be true surely? Has an extra nought been inadvertently inserted? Or just bullshit journalism?
It’s bullshit, nothing to do with journalism. In other words, just what I’d expect from that waste of organs.
Sorry. Wasn't traducing journalism, as such.
That’s OK. Plenty has been done in the name of journalism that appals me. But Liddle’s a terrible bell-end.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:42 pm

Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:38 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:21 pm
Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:52 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:05 pm
Today in the Sunday Times, Rod Liddle, in a piece about us, made this staggering claim... "Bolton are an estimated £200m in debt..."
That can't be true surely? Has an extra nought been inadvertently inserted? Or just bullshit journalism?
It’s bullshit, nothing to do with journalism. In other words, just what I’d expect from that waste of organs.
Sorry. Wasn't traducing journalism, as such.
That’s OK. Plenty has been done in the name of journalism that appals me. But Liddle’s a terrible bell-end.
He's not really a journalist though. He's more a conversationalist. Whatever, I was amazed any sub-editor allowed a £200m debt to pass through their hallowed pages, the numpty.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:18 pm

Is today the day Baz pays the wages?
I've got a meal planned with my fairy god-mother later.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:32 pm

In that case ask her could she pay the wages - just on the off chance Loadsamoney doesn't stump up...

He actually said in his interview on SSN at weekend...."my brother has a PLC, he can just use money from there"....Good to see he's now got a really firm grip on how shit works...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:55 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:32 pm
In that case ask her could she pay the wages - just on the off chance Loadsamoney doesn't stump up...

He actually said in his interview on SSN at weekend...."my brother has a PLC, he can just use money from there"....Good to see he's now got a really firm grip on how shit works...
After reading the latest input from a well-meaning Watford fan, lets go for the fairy God mother. Frightening....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:15 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:55 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:32 pm

After reading the latest input from a well-meaning Watford fan, lets go for the fairy God mother. Frightening....
My fairy godmother tells me she's heard of this Bassini character. Apparently he bought her a unicorn last Christmas. I've just ordered some ambrosia for it off Amazon.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:20 pm

This - https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... of-bolton/
says Brentford game is currently pencilled in for Wednesday. In their dreams. And what is this "battle for ownership" bullshit. Anderson wants to sell, Bassini wants to buy. Apparently.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:30 pm

Is it tonight yet?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:09 pm

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:51 pm

^^ Sooo many questions:

- Is Bassini proving proof of funds to get the immediate issues sorted such as overdue wages (2 months of them from tomorrow) and costs to get the game against Brentford on, or funds to pay off all unsecured creditors, or funds for say a 3 year plan? Might be the difference between say £3m or £20m or £50m.
- Where is the money coming from?
- Does Bassini have Michael James and Brett Warburton approval?
- What role if any would KA and/or Paul Aldridge play going forward?
- Do Moonshift still have a charge against the shares that Bassini will be acquiring if it goes through?

Nixon is indicating there is at least one genuine mystery buyer waiting to pounce if Bassini doesn't get approval.

Imho, Anderson wants to sell to Bassini at all costs. Another buyer is bad for him.

For the sake of BWFC I am crossing everything in the hope that Bassini does not get approval. Imho he seems a gullible clown who doesn't have the slightest clue what "getting this club on the right track again" means. If he manages to get Michael James out of the picture there would be no safety nets when another ownership crisis inevitably arises in a few months. Administration or any other owner apart from KA would be better.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:26 am

Honestly cant see Anderson wanting to sell to Bassini anymore, knowing how vindictive Ken is, considering the "lies" Bassini made in the press against him. Bassini exposed their little arrangement which seems to have angered Ken. Really hope Bassini doesn't get it. He certainly gives me the feeling that he has no clue about anything, much less owning a club which is currently in a terrible state, putting it mildly.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:15 am

So it’s yet another day of checking your phone or work desktop browser.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:50 am

Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:15 am

:D My productivity level took a dip yesterday.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:07 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:50 am

Is that even possible!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:25 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:51 pm
^^ Sooo many questions:

- Is Bassini proving proof of funds to get the immediate issues sorted such as overdue wages (2 months of them from tomorrow) and costs to get the game against Brentford on, or funds to pay off all unsecured creditors, or funds for say a 3 year plan? Might be the difference between say £3m or £20m or £50m.
- Where is the money coming from?
- Does Bassini have Michael James and Brett Warburton approval?
- What role if any would KA and/or Paul Aldridge play going forward?
- Do Moonshift still have a charge against the shares that Bassini will be acquiring if it goes through?

Nixon is indicating there is at least one genuine mystery buyer waiting to pounce if Bassini doesn't get approval.

Imho, Anderson wants to sell to Bassini at all costs. Another buyer is bad for him.

For the sake of BWFC I am crossing everything in the hope that Bassini does not get approval. Imho he seems a gullible clown who doesn't have the slightest clue what "getting this club on the right track again" means. If he manages to get Michael James out of the picture there would be no safety nets when another ownership crisis inevitably arises in a few months. Administration or any other owner apart from KA would be better.
Not sure I agree. As has already been established the costs to get us out of admin are considerable. At least £5M to KA plus whatever can be agreed with other secured creditors plus 25% of unsecured creditors. And of course all players and any clubs owed something will need paying. Its likely £15M potentially as high as £20M.

For a league one club starting on -12. That is no given that someone will buy us from it - let alone someone with the ability to lost that money up front and then spend another 5M or so to keep us in league one next season.

Then you've got to try and invest to get us out. Get us to a stable championship place...thats a hell of a lot of money and no guarantees.

I'm unconvinced that admin makes anything better other than the true costs will be easier to determine and a deal might be a little easier without Ken. But the other side is Ken is far less likely to play ball in that position and so he will want paying off in full immediately.

I'm very unconvinced by admin being a magic option at all.

Bassini either has the money or he doesn't. If he doesn't its immaterial - if he does then that is a better result inspite of him clearly being, lets say, different....

As for another owner - inspite of Nixon's proclamations which I'm sure have some basis to them - we're out of time for another solvent sale. We need to fulfill fixtures which means an injection of cash is needed NOW. A new bidder even if they move at lightspeed cannot do this in time UNLESS they loan the money to Ken. Would you do that?

piesrus
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by piesrus » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:54 am

Could a new owner deposit monies with the EFL?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:59 am

Enoch wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:07 am
TonyDomingos wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:50 am

Is that even possible!

I'm well behind with the paper clip audit.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

watfordfan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by watfordfan » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:11 am

I'm so sorry for Bolton that this guy is still hanging around, but I suspect he sees it as a chance to own a club again, and he sees you as an easy target right now, and this is his opportunity.

What I've read on this forum, it's clear nothing has changed with him. He will make and break promises at a drop of a red hat. He will say what you want to hear then fail to deliver. It was no surprise to hear him make promises that he will pay your running costs/player wages, then did nothing and your players had to go on strike.

Your current owner sounds terrible, but if you are bought by Bassini your problems will only get worse.

I saw him on SkySports showing how genuine he was by holding up a Bolton shirt with his name on it. That's probably the only funds he will put into the club I suspect, the price of the shirt. He looked a bit more sober than normal in the interview, but he's usually all over the place when he speaks.

He's not got £20m. The guy has been made bankrupt twice. He's a front man for someone, and that was the same when he was at Watford. But I have no idea why anyone with money would want Bassini as a credible face. His business profile is shrouded in secrecy and he will not tell anyone how he's made his money or what business he's in, so at least you could work out if the money source is credible or not.

Another thing I've picked up on, is that he's interested in a hotel as well? That sounds very familiar. He was all over the Red Lion pub, which sits outside the Vicarage Road ground. He just wanted to renovate that more than run the football club, hence the photo with the red hat. It was all a front and a way to take cash out of the club without too many questions. He spent over £1m on renovations and nothing was done. He said it was a lot of hidden unseen work, like plumbing. He said there will be a grand opening and it would be something for the fans. Yes, you guessed it, the pub never reopened while he was owner.

He also tried to take money directly from the club's safe for his own personal use, but this was flatly refused by a very conscientious club employee.

We were placed under a transfer embargo, because of more dodgy dealings of his. He approaches everything in such an amateur way and thinks everyone is stupid and can't see what he's up to. A child could work him out.

I personally think he has mental problems. Someone once told me he only wanted a football club as a status symbol, to prove he's a successful man to his father.

Now you've all seen how he operates, and what Watford fans were saying are not exaggerated.

It just annoys me, that this guy is able to get close to another good club and will ruin it. We survived him only by the skin of our teeth, as we had just a few hours before HMRC would have declared Watford bankrupt for an unpaid tax bill. We'd have had a big points deduction and relegation to League One. The Pozzo's saved us and now we're flying. I can only wish the same for Bolton Wanderers.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:28 am

watfordfan wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:11 am
I'm so sorry for Bolton that this guy is still hanging around, but I suspect he sees it as a chance to own a club again, and he sees you as an easy target right now, and this is his opportunity.

What I've read on this forum, it's clear nothing has changed with him. He will make and break promises at a drop of a red hat. He will say what you want to hear then fail to deliver. It was no surprise to hear him make promises that he will pay your running costs/player wages, then did nothing and your players had to go on strike.

Your current owner sounds terrible, but if you are bought by Bassini your problems will only get worse.

I saw him on SkySports showing how genuine he was by holding up a Bolton shirt with his name on it. That's probably the only funds he will put into the club I suspect, the price of the shirt. He looked a bit more sober than normal in the interview, but he's usually all over the place when he speaks.

He's not got £20m. The guy has been made bankrupt twice. He's a front man for someone, and that was the same when he was at Watford. But I have no idea why anyone with money would want Bassini as a credible face. His business profile is shrouded in secrecy and he will not tell anyone how he's made his money or what business he's in, so at least you could work out if the money source is credible or not.

Another thing I've picked up on, is that he's interested in a hotel as well? That sounds very familiar. He was all over the Red Lion pub, which sits outside the Vicarage Road ground. He just wanted to renovate that more than run the football club, hence the photo with the red hat. It was all a front and a way to take cash out of the club without too many questions. He spent over £1m on renovations and nothing was done. He said it was a lot of hidden unseen work, like plumbing. He said there will be a grand opening and it would be something for the fans. Yes, you guessed it, the pub never reopened while he was owner.

He also tried to take money directly from the club's safe for his own personal use, but this was flatly refused by a very conscientious club employee.

We were placed under a transfer embargo, because of more dodgy dealings of his. He approaches everything in such an amateur way and thinks everyone is stupid and can't see what he's up to. A child could work him out.

I personally think he has mental problems. Someone once told me he only wanted a football club as a status symbol, to prove he's a successful man to his father.

Now you've all seen how he operates, and what Watford fans were saying are not exaggerated.

It just annoys me, that this guy is able to get close to another good club and will ruin it. We survived him only by the skin of our teeth, as we had just a few hours before HMRC would have declared Watford bankrupt for an unpaid tax bill. We'd have had a big points deduction and relegation to League One. The Pozzo's saved us and now we're flying. I can only wish the same for Bolton Wanderers.
The problem we have is our current owner is doing his best to destroy us. And has run out of time to do anything other than put us into admin if he'll pay for it or let the court liquidate us.

If Bassini proves he has money to the EFL and pays the initial wages only that would at least buy us some time.

Of course that is IF he can even do that which seems highly doubtful.

This is being stuck between a rock and a hard place but many Bolton fans feel that Bassini might be better than Ken because he seems useless whereas Ken is vindictive.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:40 am

The real facts....according to Marc Iles, about it all..:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... very-edge/
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?