Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:35 pm

I thought that Theresa May had been taking comfort in some old clothes over the last month or so... going to church, being snapped by the paparazzi whilst snacking on a quick bite of leftover leg of duck a'l'orange... But No!
Apparently the sky blue shapeless rag with arms that end at the elbow, worn on top of a slightly deeper blue funky puffer jacket, is ONE CREATION!
Instead of being just some ensemble a tramp would be happy to keep warm in, it's apparently a carefully crafted piece of fashion by some Italian House nobody's ever heard of. And long 'May' it stay that way. The woman has no fashion sense whatsoever. Usually she looks like a piss take of Howard The Duck, but the Tramp Coat is conclusive: she has no style; she has no sense; she thinks she's 'with it'; she's deluded.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:01 pm

I don't understand motion sickness. Why do I never feel sick when I'm at the wheel? Or, mor pertinent, why do I always feel sick when my missus has been driving for more than two hours???
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:30 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:01 pm
I don't understand motion sickness. Why do I never feel sick when I'm at the wheel? Or, mor pertinent, why do I always feel sick when my missus has been driving for more than two hours???
I was told years ago it's to do with horizon.

No idea if that has any credence.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:52 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:30 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

No, apparently it's all about control. Israelis not Motorhead.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:47 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:52 pm
Enoch wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:30 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

No, apparently it's all about control. Israelis not Motorhead.
Based on my own experience I'd say they're wasting a lot of money. :)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:42 pm

Oh wow. Just been refused a cash transaction... Some millennial paid for me. It's Sterling for fxck sake!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon May 06, 2019 2:48 pm

Yesterday I bought off of Amazon the complete Peanuts 1963-1964. The price was discounted.
I then looked up 1965-1966 and the price was inflated.
Just gone back on the website and bought very same volume for a discounted price (same seller, Amazon - probably very same item that yesterday was £20 and today is £12).
They must think we're really really thick...

I have three volumes to go to get the complete set. It has cost me over a hundred pounds (£100) less than a friend who bought the lot in one (supposedly discounted) batch a year ago.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Tue May 07, 2019 1:01 am

Ah, Spotty, dear old Charlie Schulz. He was good.

Mind you, I prefer Watterson with Calvin & Hobbes. I have a four volume set of all his syndicated cartoon strips. That's not to say that I don't like Peanuts, just that Calvin (aged 6) and his stuffed tiger seems to tickle my fancy just that teeny bit more. :)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue May 07, 2019 1:04 pm

Dujon wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 1:01 am
Ah, Spotty, dear old Charlie Schulz. He was good.

Mind you, I prefer Watterson with Calvin & Hobbes. I have a four volume set of all his syndicated cartoon strips. That's not to say that I don't like Peanuts, just that Calvin (aged 6) and his stuffed tiger seems to tickle my fancy just that teeny bit more. :)
I've got to admit I've never heard of Calvin & Hobbes.

I was kind of aware of Peanuts as a youth but it was far too foreign for me back then. It is a later acquired taste.
The most fascinating thing for me isn't the mainstay Charlie Brown, Lucy etc, nor the latter characters like Peppermint Patty etc. It is the evolution of Snoopy and the exploration of his completely insane psyche. :D
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed May 08, 2019 2:42 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:42 pm
Oh wow. Just been refused a cash transaction... Some millennial paid for me. It's Sterling for fxck sake!
FFS when did London buses stop taking cash?
Just refused a ride coz I've only got cash: foreign driver with limited English treated me like some kind of alien.
So I walked instead, three miles up Tottenham Court Road from the Strand to Camden Town, and I left the fxcking bus behind (literally - it disappeared into a tiny dot in its pathetic attempt to keep up with walking pace)!!!
In an hour I'll be heading to Hendon. Reckon I'll walk that too. You can stick yer cashless society up yer arse. Especially with buses that crawl at less than four miles an hour FFS.

Two seperate societies: London and England.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed May 08, 2019 3:13 pm

Cable T.V.

Used to have this some years back. Yesterday, cleaning up the front garden/pavement area I found an old cable buried in the soil; it went through a hole in the fence so, well, thinking naught of it, I put the secateurs through it. Unfortunately Virgin Media had used the same old cable for my telephone and broadband into Casa Tango. As you will have deduced, this was the reason for my absence all day and this morning. Fair do's Virgin sent somebody out this morning and the guy sorted it, but hands up, I felt a little (lot) of a balloon.....to say the least. :oops: ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed May 08, 2019 4:28 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:13 pm
Cable T.V.

Used to have this some years back. Yesterday, cleaning up the front garden/pavement area I found an old cable buried in the soil; it went through a hole in the fence so, well, thinking naught of it, I put the secateurs through it. Unfortunately Virgin Media had used the same old cable for my telephone and broadband into Casa Tango. As you will have deduced, this was the reason for my absence all day and this morning. Fair do's Virgin sent somebody out this morning and the guy sorted it, but hands up, I felt a little of a balloon.....to say the least. :oops: ae:)
:D If you'd cut off TV reception as well I expect the misses would have killed you....
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed May 08, 2019 6:41 pm

You haven't been able to pay cash ON a London bus in about 20 years!

They used to have machines on the side of the road you could buy a ticket from in cash but they've been gone about 5 uses I think (mainly because nobody ever used them. A few people complained at the time as it was only fairly soon after contactless came in so if you didn't have it you didn't to buy an oyster card even for a day trip.

Surprised anyone still had trouble these days!

Strand and Fleet Street are ludicrous for buses though. I work in the area and often have to get buses to court. I tend to give the bus I need about a ten minute headstart then set off walking after it.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed May 08, 2019 7:20 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:28 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:13 pm
Cable T.V.

Used to have this some years back. Yesterday, cleaning up the front garden/pavement area I found an old cable buried in the soil; it went through a hole in the fence so, well, thinking naught of it, I put the secateurs through it. Unfortunately Virgin Media had used the same old cable for my telephone and broadband into Casa Tango. As you will have deduced, this was the reason for my absence all day and this morning. Fair do's Virgin sent somebody out this morning and the guy sorted it, but hands up, I felt a little ( lot) of a balloon.....to say the least. :oops: ae:)
:D If you'd cut off TV reception as well I expect the misses would have killed you....
Fortunately, Monty, with B.B.C, I.T.V and the amount of freeview channels available,and since we both have computers, we don't have T.V as an additional package. If we had, as you say, I could have been in serious shxt.... :lol:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed May 08, 2019 10:22 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:42 pm
FFS when did London buses stop taking cash?
Prufrock wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:41 pm

I caught this particular cold the day you made me miss the last train from Charing Cross, after QPR*.

Fortunately, the driver of the bus I took from Trafalgar Square which dropped me about ten miles from home, in the f*cking rain, let me ride for free. He must have realised I was a Bolton fan and didn't wish to pour on more misery!

* "Shall we have one for the road?" Just as I was about to leave. As if I could have refused!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu May 09, 2019 8:02 am

Prufrock wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:41 pm

They used to have machines on the side of the road you could buy a ticket from in cash but they've been gone about 5 uses I think (mainly because nobody ever used them. A few people complained at the time as it was only fairly soon after contactless came in so if you didn't have it you didn't to buy an oyster card even for a day trip.

Surprised anyone still had trouble these days!

Strand and Fleet Street are ludicrous for buses though. I work in the area and often have to get buses to court. I tend to give the bus I need about a ten minute headstart then set off walking after it.
There's a lot of folk suspicious of contactless cards up here and would rather get their PIN wrong 3 times and phone a friend than use it.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu May 09, 2019 12:47 pm

^ as I concluded "Two seperate societies: London and England". I'll amend that to 'Two seperate societies: London and the rest of the United Kingdom".
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri May 10, 2019 7:08 am

Reading about this bus malarkey, I confess it must be 20 years or so since I last used one and wouldn't have a clue what number I'd need to go wherever for one. If need I'd better stick to a taxi don't know how much the fare is where the bus stops say in Bolton I'd be fecked and that's before I'd end up with some irritating scrote sat next to me.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri May 10, 2019 9:06 am

Hoboh wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:08 am
Reading about this bus malarkey, I confess it must be 20 years or so since I last used one and wouldn't have a clue what number I'd need to go wherever for one. If need I'd better stick to a taxi don't know how much the fare is where the bus stops say in Bolton I'd be fecked and that's before I'd end up with some irritating scrote sat next to me.
Don't worry Hobes, scrotes can't afford the fares on buses, they're pretty steep, especially for a woman with a couple of kids. Most of them have a nicked car anyway.If I weren't on a bus pass I doubt if I could either. I try to avoid pram and schoolkid time where possible. With my wife's leg and hip problems we have to use taxis to shop anyway at least once a week. Yesterday she had an appointment at Waters Meeting Centre and that wrote £15 taxi fare off right away. Today, supermarket will write off another tenner. I do most of the running around for other shopping and use the bus where I can. Our kids can't do much to help as they all work for a living. The bus service is generally reasonable which is a boon as my sprinting isn't up to much now. Nothing is cheap these days.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri May 10, 2019 10:08 am

You should try living the other side of the boundary.

Use to cost more to get from Adlington to Chorley (3.5 miles) as from Horwich to Bolton (6.5 miles).
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.