Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by malcd1 » Fri May 10, 2019 3:25 pm

At least they have run a successful club in China for years. I'm not getting excited by having a foreign owner (they have soured on too many occassions) but it seems like the best option up to now.

I wonder why they would only want to buy us if we enter admin though? Seems strange.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 10, 2019 3:28 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:13 pm
More from Nixon, in his usual Twitter Q&A style:

BOLTON. The Chinese chaps in yesterday. Full tour. Invited and lined up by a proper guy. Tried for it before. Trying for it again? Looking very likely. Big Sam would be another issue. But a serious player now in the game.
[Michael] James has known about them for a time. And probably would step back if they follow through with it.
Admin process about to begin. Would have to move awful fast to buy. They would be aware of admin situation before travelling. They don’t come all this way for fun.

(Thought there were serious restrictions in place for Chinese investment abroad in sport and entertainment because of how much money was leaving the country?)
So did I. But there are always ways to skin a cat. And the top guy wouldn’t come over and moon round if he couldn’t pay for it. Had heard of problems in that department before. However the top guy has been over. So he will know his game plan more than us. There are many ways round that. Look at way Manchester high ups have been flirting with Chinese money for last couple of years.

(would it still be a quick admin like FV and EDT are hoping for or is this going to become an auction that could drag on for a while?)
Only found out about them in last 24 hours. Don’t have info on that bit.

Meanwhile, Iles:
"Not in work today - but know this Chinese group has been sniffing around for ages, introduced by Mark Taylor. Hope and pray I'm wrong... but Big Sam and big bucks? If it looks to good to be true..?"
Update from Iles...
"@MarcIles
Doubting the Big Sam link big time... but have made a few calls, and I'm a bit more optimistic there is real interest. #bwfc"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 10, 2019 3:33 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:25 pm
At least they have run a successful club in China for years. I'm not getting excited by having a foreign owner (they have soured on too many occassions) but it seems like the best option up to now.

I wonder why they would only want to buy us if we enter admin though? Seems strange.
The indication seems to be that they might not only want us in admin.

Admin saves a bit of debt-relief money but costs in time - not just the six weeks it might take, but the 12pt reducing immediate re-promotion chances - and embargo-limited rebuilding. (As I say, they couldn't even buy us a £5,000 Tony Caldwell: everyone would have to be a free transfer.)

Nicko is expecting administrators "in the building" on Monday. Obviously Ken would happily wait if he thinks he'll get more money. EDT probably would, too. I don't know whether the train is stoppable.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri May 10, 2019 3:40 pm

Fri May 10, 2019 3:33 pm
malcd1 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:25 pm

The indication seems to be that they might not only want us in admin.

Admin saves a bit of debt-relief money but costs in time - not just the six weeks it might take, but the 12pt reducing immediate re-promotion chances - and embargo-limited rebuilding. (As I say, they couldn't even buy us a £5,000 Tony Caldwell: everyone would have to be a free transfer.)

Nicko is expecting administrators "in the building" on Monday. Obviously Ken would happily wait if he thinks he'll get more money. EDT probably would, too. I don't know whether the train is stoppable.
I think Nixon is saying they'd be buying from admin.

Also we've already triggered an insolvency event under league rules....so -12 points is assured.
‘Insolvency Event’ refers to any one of the following:

the lodging of a Notice of Intention to Appoint an Administrator or Notice of Appointment of an Administrator at the Court in accordance with paragraph 26 or paragraph 29 of Schedule B1 to the Insolvency Act, an application to the Court for an Administration Order under paragraph 12 of Schedule B1 to the Insolvency Act (other than paragraph 12(1)(c)) or where an Administrator is appointed or an Administration Order is made (‘Administrator’ and ‘Administration Order’ having the meanings attributed to them respectively by paragraphs 1 and 10 of Schedule B1 to the Insolvency Act);

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri May 10, 2019 4:00 pm

I will, on the life of my non existent children and adopted chimpanzees, confirm that we will have no points deduction regarding the Brentford Game. Promise.

So just minus 12.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri May 10, 2019 4:05 pm

Sheffield United, Chengdu United.
I've always considered the Chinese option to be the way forward. Until you consider Tianamen Square, Tibet, Huawei, and the fundamental right to live a decent life unaffected by rampant arseholes.

I mean, Chairman Ken replaced by Chairman Xi.
"Now That's What I Call Progress 478"
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 10, 2019 4:24 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:40 pm

Also we've already triggered an insolvency event under league rules....so -12 points is assured.
‘Insolvency Event’ refers to any one of the following:

the lodging of a Notice of Intention to Appoint an Administrator or Notice of Appointment of an Administrator at the Court in accordance with paragraph 26 or paragraph 29 of Schedule B1 to the Insolvency Act, an application to the Court for an Administration Order under paragraph 12 of Schedule B1 to the Insolvency Act (other than paragraph 12(1)(c)) or where an Administrator is appointed or an Administration Order is made (‘Administrator’ and ‘Administration Order’ having the meanings attributed to them respectively by paragraphs 1 and 10 of Schedule B1 to the Insolvency Act);

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 10, 2019 4:39 pm

Didn't a Chinese club allegedly want Ameobi? If that's the deal, that's the deal! :-)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri May 10, 2019 5:00 pm

I mean, how fxcking difficult is it to spell Flidraw???????

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... n-process/
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri May 10, 2019 5:02 pm

Drawfli
Flidwar
Wirflad
Draiflw
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 10, 2019 5:11 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:00 pm

In case you missed it, that's a faithful reproduction of the typo on the official site. (The BN should really have put [sic] after it, but I'm guessing the hard-pressed staff there aren't majoring on adding Latin adverbs.)

I'm thinking "Wilfdar", which is a bit like gaydar but for locating eccentric TV inventor types. #OneForTheTeenagers

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri May 10, 2019 5:13 pm

Fri May 10, 2019 5:11 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:00 pm

In case you missed it, that's a faithful reproduction of the typo on the official site. (The BN should really have put [sic] after it, but I'm guessing the hard-pressed staff there aren't majoring on adding Latin adverbs.)

I'm thinking "Wilfdar", which is a bit like gaydar but for locating eccentric TV inventor types. #OneForTheTeenagers
My favourite by far is Farwild.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 10, 2019 5:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:40 pm
Nixon seems unsure (inorite?) but Iles just tweeted:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri May 10, 2019 5:30 pm

[tweet][/tweet]
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 4:00 pm
I will, on the life of my non existent children and adopted chimpanzees, confirm that we will have no points deduction regarding the Brentford Game. Promise.

So just minus 12.
Why so sure Spotty?

An Internet fiver says we'll definitely get some sanction for failing to play. I'm thinking 3-5 points
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri May 10, 2019 5:42 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:30 pm
[tweet][/tweet]
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

So just minus 12.
Why so sure Spotty?

An Internet fiver says we'll definitely get some sanction for failing to play. I'm thinking 3-5 points
I'm damned sure.
Onethly. Coz it had no effect on the league.
Toothly. Coz it was occasioned by a footballers' strike, which pushing all bounds can hardly be accounted for (because let's face it , the PFA were always going to pay their wages)
Threethly. Twelve point deduction is guaranteed. Not even the biggest wanker in the wanker organisation that is the EFL is going to countenance a further deduction of points that will virtually doom us to non league football for generations after the shxt we have experienced just because they could.

I might be wrong. I have been before. But I think I'll be right ( I've been that too). It comes down to gut instinct I suppose.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri May 10, 2019 5:48 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:42 pm
I'm damned sure.
Toothly. Coz it was occasioned by a footballers' strike, which pushing all bounds can hardly be accounted for (because let's face it , the PFA were always going to pay their wages)
Threethly. Twelve point deduction is guaranteed. Not even the biggest wanker in the wanker organisation that is the EFL is going to countenance a further deduction of points that will virtually doom us to non league football for generations after the shxt we have experienced just because they could.

I might be wrong. I have been before. But I think I'll be right ( I've been that too). It comes down to gut instinct I suppose.
I can see all that. But it is a new level of embarrassment - the first game cancelled for such a reason.

The EFL getting a new chief might help, because the new guy (and it'll be a guy) can distance himself from the Shaun Harvey / ken Anderson mess. However, it's an independent panel, not the EFL, so it depends on their makeup (and, let's face it, a quiet word aforehand from the EFL).

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:50 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:30 pm
[tweet][/tweet]
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

So just minus 12.
Why so sure Spotty?

My internet 10p would be a suspended points deduction, and if we do end up in a position where we have money, and the new owners have no link to KA, a fine.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri May 10, 2019 5:51 pm

Fri May 10, 2019 5:48 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
I'm damned sure.

I can see all that. But it is a new level of embarrassment - the first game cancelled for such a reason.

The EFL getting a new chief might help, because the new guy (and it'll be a guy) can distance himself from the Shaun Harvey / ken Anderson mess. However, it's an independent panel, not the EFL, so it depends on their makeup (and, let's face it, a quiet word aforehand from the EFL).
Right. This calls for a poll.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:54 pm

Mark Taylor speaks on these latest Chinese takeover rumours:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... investors/

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri May 10, 2019 7:51 pm

Fri May 10, 2019 5:48 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
I'm damned sure.

Let's hope it's not John Aldridge involved after the last time he got involved in our transfer business :spank: