Ken Anderson - Old Owner (Definitely. For Ever ..... )

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Ken Anderson - New Owner (Definitely. For Now ..... )

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 13, 2019 10:27 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:13 pm
I’m pleased Ken’s gone, or going. I can’t see him being involved in admin given its Fildraw footing the bill. When do we get the accounts - when can we see whAt money he has moved about, how much Lee and Aldridge got for consultancy fees during this fiasco? It would be lovely to hold him to some form of account.
Unfortunately, he's just an other wolf in a pack of them. Football is a lucrative business and attracts more money-hungry speculators than anybody with any interest in the sport. It's a money magnet and K. A . will have weighed all the angles up so that he comes out with a profit. The Ken Andersons' shouldn't be allowed within ten miles of football stadiums. A multi-millionaire with a history of double-dealing, a house in Monaco and forever on foreign holiday when trouble strikes? Yeah, just what we need as the club owner. Good riddance.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 13, 2019 10:34 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
I’m pleased Ken’s gone, or going. I can’t see him being involved in admin given its Fildraw footing the bill. When do we get the accounts - when can we see whAt money he has moved about, how much Lee and Aldridge got for consultancy fees during this fiasco? It would be lovely to hold him to some form of account.
Last set of Accounts are overdue by 6 weeks at the moment... The ones where we "made a small profit"... Precedent suggests he'll get away with not filing them (when Anderson took over they were way late, in the event he filed two sets pretty much at the same time)...

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Mon May 13, 2019 10:40 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:34 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Last set of Accounts are overdue by 6 weeks at the moment... The ones where we "made a small profit"... Precedent suggests he'll get away with not filing them (when Anderson took over they were way late, in the event he filed two sets pretty much at the same time)...

I doubt he will be in the country any time soon and hopefully won't be wanting to take over another club.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon May 13, 2019 11:36 pm

I agree with Mr Insane. That c*nt will refuse to cooperate, will disrupt the process with lies and false information to cover up the true extent of what he's done. It'll be scorched earth all the way. I predict he'll hope that he'll get away with stuff by giving them a choice of moving on and letting him off, or further damage to the club via delays. I hope like dibble that he gets his desserts, but it won't be for ages.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 13, 2019 11:39 pm

Fair enough BWFCi, you have your right to react and predict as you see fit. One question though;
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:14 pm
And whilst you will point out how I’m doom and gloom...it’s a terrible position to be in administration. It isn’t the end of the club but apart from that it’s the next worst thing that can happen. And it’s happened not out of a plan but out of necessity.
I’d say it’s better than Ken Anderson being involved. And for today, this week, this month, maybe this year and decade, that’ll do.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon May 13, 2019 11:42 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 11:39 pm
Fair enough BWFCi, you have your right to react and predict as you see fit. One question though;
BWFC_Insane wrote:
And whilst you will point out how I’m doom and gloom...it’s a terrible position to be in administration. It isn’t the end of the club but apart from that it’s the next worst thing that can happen. And it’s happened not out of a plan but out of necessity.
I’d say it’s better than Ken Anderson being involved. And for today, this week, this month, maybe this year and decade, that’ll do.
I'll certainly agree with the last bit. Such a shame we haven't seen the last of him yet though.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 14, 2019 8:46 am

Mon May 13, 2019 11:39 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
We're in this mess primarily because for over a decade we've lost money. Whilst Ken was a cnut a grade A certified one - the underlying issue is that the club has lost money. Administration was inevitable unless we stopped losing money somehow or found someone rich to bankroll us.

Ken aggressively cut costs (very aggressively) but even so money was still lost. He shed assets to postpone the inevitable but could not find anyone willing to buy the club with the requisite financial resources. Now he was almost certainly an obstacle to such a sale. However, whilst it is good he's gone, administration is not a good thing and never will be. And "Ken being gone" might be consolation on the internet - but come a cold November evening at the Macron at home to Fleetwood or "shudder" Tranmere with Bolton firmly bottom of league one and fielding mainly a team of under prepared kids - it won't be consolation to me sitting there with 7 thousand or so others watching the crazy corner scream for Parky's head as we watch out a dull 0-0.

Celebrating administration or thinking "yay now we're on the up" is folly in my view. Lets see how we come out of it and where we are in a few months.

I'll make a prediction that we'll still be in admin as the transfer window opens!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 14, 2019 9:38 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:46 am
Celebrating administration or thinking "yay now we're on the up" is folly in my view. Lets see how we come out of it and where we are in a few months.
Who is celebrating administration? There's a huge difference between being glad something that's been needing to occur is now underway - as it's really the only path we have to move forwards - and celebrating the fact that we're in Admin.

Whichever way you want to paint it, the only chance we have of getting to "yay now we're on the up", in the absence of any cash wadded buyers, was to take this first step, understanding that there is ever the possibility that it could still lead to liquidation.

There's also the "Anderson factor" and rightly or wrongly, a deep sense of mistrust between him and just about everyone (last Accounts still overdue?). All the "misunderstandings" between Dale Vince, Heathcotes, Football Ventures, dare-I-say-it Bassini, players, staff and many others all had one common denominator and as with any sale, we have no notion whether Anderson was looking to negotiate personal gain before BWFC or not. I know where my money would be placed.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 14, 2019 9:46 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:38 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Who is celebrating administration? There's a huge difference between being glad something that's been needing to occur is now underway - as it's really the only path we have to move forwards - and celebrating the fact that we're in Admin.

Whichever way you want to paint it, the only chance we have of getting to "yay now we're on the up", in the absence of any cash wadded buyers, was to take this first step, understanding that there is ever the possibility that it could still lead to liquidation.

There's also the "Anderson factor" and rightly or wrongly, a deep sense of mistrust between him and just about everyone (last Accounts still overdue?). All the "misunderstandings" between Dale Vince, Heathcotes, Football Ventures, dare-I-say-it Bassini, players, staff and many others all had one common denominator and as with any sale, we have no notion whether Anderson was looking to negotiate personal gain before BWFC or not. I know where my money would be placed.
Plenty seem to think its plain sailing now. I think partly having been misled by Nixon and Iles suggesting previously admin would solve everything and be done and dusted within a week or two.

What timescale do you think we are now working to? I note Blackpool's receivers (appointed in March) are only just now receiving bids for the club. Receivership is a bit different - but what do you think a realistic timetable for this process will be?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 14, 2019 10:07 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
"Ken being gone" might be consolation on the internet - but come a cold November evening at the Macron at home to Fleetwood or "shudder" Tranmere with Bolton firmly bottom of league one and fielding mainly a team of under prepared kids - it won't be consolation to me sitting there with 7 thousand or so others watching the crazy corner scream for Parky's head as we watch out a dull 0-0.
Do you think that wouldn't have happened with Ken?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 14, 2019 10:10 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:46 am
What timescale do you think we are now working to? I note Blackpool's receivers (appointed in March) are only just now receiving bids for the club. Receivership is a bit different - but what do you think a realistic timetable for this process will be?
You may be right in your guess, you may be wrong. There are just too many factors involved for an outsider to know with anything other than a punt. I could easily see it taking months, I don't think it's a two week thing. The Admins are on day rates, no?

Couple of main problems I think we face (reading between the lines).

We know they've got to establish the current "baseline" the Club is operating to - they will need Andersons' input or Aldridge and I don't suppose it's all plain running (not a suggestion of illegality, just that line by line, accounts take a while to try and unpick)

Irregardless of whether "Chinese/Indian/Middle-East* delete as applicable" consortium turned up tomorrow with ready cash how would Admin know that was "the best bid" without running a bidding process? Even if they offered to settle Fildraw and other secured, how would they know they were getting the best deal for unsecured (which includes HMRC)? I don't know how far if at all Fildraw could influence this.

I was concerned by the statement on the Club website where they said ""This has obviously been a long-running situation and it is vitally important that we quickly establish the position of both the football club and the holding company" - I think they ran this line at Coventry and from cursory reading it took them an age to work out which entity held "the Golden Share"...maybe with the same party (Anderson) owning both in this case, it's a non-issue - but I really don't know to be honest.

It just doesn't feel like "done and dusted" end of June...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 14, 2019 10:13 am

Tue May 14, 2019 10:07 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
"Ken being gone" might be consolation on the internet - but come a cold November evening at the Macron at home to Fleetwood or "shudder" Tranmere with Bolton firmly bottom of league one and fielding mainly a team of under prepared kids - it won't be consolation to me sitting there with 7 thousand or so others watching the crazy corner scream for Parky's head as we watch out a dull 0-0.
Given we couldn't afford to run a squad at the moment, I'm trying to figure out how BWFCi thinks this might have been able to occur at all, other than in Internetimaginary Land...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 14, 2019 10:14 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:10 am
I was concerned by the statement on the Club website where they said ""This has obviously been a long-running situation and it is vitally important that we quickly establish the position of both the football club and the holding company" - I think they ran this line at Coventry and from cursory reading it took them an age to work out which entity held "the Golden Share"...maybe with the same party (Anderson) owning both in this case, it's a non-issue - but I really don't know to be honest.
Coventry was a mess, with two warring factions and a stadium-owning consortium including (but not limited to) the local council, and a complicated contractual interdependence between them. As you say, should be cleaner with us, even if Anderson is evasive (although surely there are some legal ramifications to excessive evasiveness).

We won't be out of admin by next week and signing Messi by mid-June. We may be on for a few years in the bottom divisions. But that's OK. In fact, compared to the last year or so, it's bliss.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 14, 2019 10:20 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Of course not. We needed this step. But we needed in in February time to let us sort it out - and try to rebuild. We're now doing admin over the summer. Its not a good place to be. Better than with Ken hanging around but then of course we still need his co-operation.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 14, 2019 10:23 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:10 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:46 am
You may be right in your guess, you may be wrong. There are just too many factors involved for an outsider to know with anything other than a punt. I could easily see it taking months, I don't think it's a two week thing. The Admins are on day rates, no?

Couple of main problems I think we face (reading between the lines).

We know they've got to establish the current "baseline" the Club is operating to - they will need Andersons' input or Aldridge and I don't suppose it's all plain running (not a suggestion of illegality, just that line by line, accounts take a while to try and unpick)

Irregardless of whether "Chinese/Indian/Middle-East* delete as applicable" consortium turned up tomorrow with ready cash how would Admin know that was "the best bid" without running a bidding process? Even if they offered to settle Fildraw and other secured, how would they know they were getting the best deal for unsecured (which includes HMRC)? I don't know how far if at all Fildraw could influence this.

It just doesn't feel like "done and dusted" end of June...
Yep - that's where I am. Its fine now to say "thank god Ken is gone". But the reality bites when we're bottom of league one watching terrible football in November.

Is all I'm saying.

I don't really care what happens above - I'll be there in November watching - its just that it probably won't be pretty. I just hope our fans roll their sleeves up and get stuck into it rather than moaning constantly about the manager, the players or whatever. We're going to have a horrible year or two at least. But the club needs us now. More than ever. And I'd like to think that people will get down there and support the club through this.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue May 14, 2019 10:25 am

"All is for the worst in the worst of all possible worlds" - Dr Insane.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 14, 2019 10:34 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:20 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Of course not. We needed this step. But we needed in in February time to let us sort it out - and try to rebuild. We're now doing admin over the summer. Its not a good place to be. Better than with Ken hanging around but then of course we still need his co-operation.
Didn't Anderson say that with hindsight he wouldn't have entertained Bassini? Which would have allowed us to go Admin for "this season" rather than next? His call and his call alone. We were all sat here going "No fcuking chance" and we're not really close to it.

Blame lies with Anderson's judgement.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 14, 2019 10:39 am

Little point saying what we should have done. What matters is where we're at. And this is where we're at: food banks.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17 ... aid-staff/
BOLTON Wanderers Football Club has opened up an emergency food bank to help hard-hit members of staff.

Employees of the club and Bolton Whites Hotel are being offered fresh food and essentials donated by local businesses and charities after going without pay for the last two weeks.

The Bolton News has also learned that £2,000 of shopping vouchers were sent by a local Championship club to distribute among staff.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 14, 2019 10:58 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:34 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:20 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Didn't Anderson say that with hindsight he wouldn't have entertained Bassini? Which would have allowed us to go Admin for "this season" rather than next? His call and his call alone. We were all sat here going "No fcuking chance" and we're not really close to it.

Blame lies with Anderson's judgement.
Of course it does. Wasn’t suggesting otherwise for a minute.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 14, 2019 10:59 am

Prufrock wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:25 am
"All is for the worst in the worst of all possible worlds" - Dr Insane.
What I’m presenting is a best case scenario. Unless you are living in cloud cuckoo land.