The next manager

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Re: The next manager

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:45 am

Nolan for me if we are going down the DoF/develop peeps squad. Decent returns of 40% for both teams managed, dealt with difficulties at Leyton Orient and Notts Forest (who he left in decent shape until the fit hit the shan)
Pfffft.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:37 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:45 am
Nolan for me if we are going down the DoF/develop peeps squad. Decent returns of 40% for both teams managed, dealt with difficulties at Leyton Orient and Notts Forest (who he left in decent shape until the fit hit the shan)
Can I join the "me-too" gang? Kev had more balls than anybody we've had since all put together. We might not win a pile of pots, but he'd make them go down fighting.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu May 02, 2019 9:48 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:37 pm
TKIZ! wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:45 am
Can I join the "me-too" gang? Kev had more balls than anybody we've had since all put together. We might not win a pile of pots, but he'd make them go down fighting.
Of course you can TD. Kevin Nolan's Super White Army has a certain ring to it
Pfffft.

piesrus
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by piesrus » Wed May 08, 2019 7:23 pm

Mark Warburton has just joined QPR.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 13, 2019 5:40 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:00 pm
Paul Hurst was the coming man this time last year, leading Shrewsbury (over just shy of two seasons) from bottom place in t3 to the playoffs. Ipswich was the wrong club at the wrong time but his Shrewsbury success followed dragging Grimsby back into the League, so it's not a one-off.
Well, that ship's sailed - Hurst has returned to the North Sea flatlands (besides Grimsby, he also got Boston promoted) to take charge of fourth-division Scunthorpe.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 13, 2019 5:54 pm

Parky.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue May 14, 2019 12:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 5:54 pm
Parky.
By default you mean? Quite possible given the timescales. Far from ideal but may well be best option in the circumstances.

McGinlay has had another pop I see. Seems to be no love lost there for his old teammate.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 14, 2019 12:39 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 12:36 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Parky.
By default you mean? Quite possible given the timescales. Far from ideal but may well be best option in the circumstances.

McGinlay has had another pop I see. Seems to be no love lost there for his old teammate.
Whereas he'd happily promote David Lee... Methinks he may not be entirely impartial on the matter...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue May 14, 2019 12:46 pm

Tue May 14, 2019 12:39 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Parky.

Whereas he'd happily promote David Lee... Methinks he may not be entirely impartial on the matter...
No. And kicking Parky when he's down right now suggests an agenda and misses the main point. Unless it was part of a wider interview and they've gone for the controversial angle.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 14, 2019 12:51 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 12:46 pm
kicking Parky when he's down right now suggests an agenda and misses the main point. Unless it was part of a wider interview and they've gone for the controversial angle.
To be fair - and I've defended Parky more than many - Maggie has a point that the off-field f*cktastrophe obscured/mitigated the managerial shortcomings. It's alternate-universe stuff to which we'll never know the answer (and can thus build as many false premises as we like) but if Parky had been turfed, things might have been different. However, it would take some manager to get a tune out of a squad whose only senior centre-forwards were Magennis and Donaldinho.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue May 14, 2019 1:04 pm

Whoever we get as manager will be a breath of fresh air compared to Parkinson.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Tue May 14, 2019 1:21 pm

I note McGinlay uttered no criticism of his mate Coyle as he burnt to the ground everything we'd built over the previous twenty years.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 14, 2019 1:23 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Parky.

By default - yes. Because by the time everything is sorted I suspect a new owner will need experience and know-how.

Also, McGinlay - legend as a player - but the bloke is thick as pig-shit and I'd do the opposite of most things he says. His business acumen has not exactly proven to be anything other than disastrous, and lets remind ourselves how his coaching stint under his mate Coyle went?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue May 14, 2019 2:28 pm

Tue May 14, 2019 12:51 pm
LeverEnd wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 12:46 pm
kicking Parky when he's down right now suggests an agenda and misses the main point. Unless it was part of a wider interview and they've gone for the controversial angle.
To be fair - and I've defended Parky more than many - Maggie has a point that the off-field f*cktastrophe obscured/mitigated the managerial shortcomings. It's alternate-universe stuff to which we'll never know the answer (and can thus build as many false premises as we like) but if Parky had been turfed, things might have been different. However, it would take some manager to get a tune out of a squad whose only senior centre-forwards were Magennis and Donaldinho.
Oh it's definitely a valid point and I've said it myself. However I'd question why he's bringing it up again. Seems personal and a bit out of order. Timing certainly off. If they're sleepwalking into a new season with him still in charge then by all means bring it up then.
It's Anderson's fault we finished the season with a failing manager, not parky's. I doubt he gave anything less than his best.
Starting with him in August would be a big mistake in terms of getting people on side again and I doubt it will happen.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue May 14, 2019 5:43 pm

Is there any prospect the Administrator will lay off lots of staff and Parky may be in that lot? There's lots about football debts being secured debts yet playing and non playing staff have been treated differently up to now.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 14, 2019 6:00 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:43 pm
Is there any prospect the Administrator will lay off lots of staff and Parky may be in that lot?
I really doubt it, as that would presumably trigger a pay-off. The administrator is theoretically there to save/make/redistribute money, not spend it. One could argue he might help Parky/staff/players get their due, but not a golden goodbye. That's for the new owners... should they choose.

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Tue May 14, 2019 9:21 pm

When is Mr Parkinson's contract up? Anyone know.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue May 14, 2019 9:50 pm

knobpolisher wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:21 pm
When is Mr Parkinson's contract up? Anyone know.
He has a rolling 12 month contract doesn't he? To terminate it, we have to pay him a years salary up front was how I read it. Which means we're likely stuck with him
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Tue May 14, 2019 9:57 pm

Cheers I thought a 12 month rolling contract meant that at the end of each 12 month period it can be terminated by either party.
But what do I know.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

piesrus
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by piesrus » Tue May 14, 2019 11:57 pm

Bolton lad David Flitcroft has just been sacked by Mansfield. They lost in the L2 play offs to Newport. That's him and Keith Hill borh available.