News stories that make you think, or not...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: News stories that make you think, or not...

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 21, 2019 10:27 am

Hoboh wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:19 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 3:45 pm
These ere Muslims protesting about the Birmingham schools sex education and equality programs - do they realise it is the UK and 2019?

Teaching kids that its ok to be whatever it is you are, to dress however it is you feel like, to love whoever it is you love - I know will rile a few angry repressed Muslims and gammons alike - but surely that messaging is common sense now?

I knew kids at school who were gay before they even realised what being gay was. They were bullied on a daily basis. And in fact one as a 14 year old took his own life as a result of the bullying.

These people need to wake up and realise we've moved on as a society, kids have moved on too - they are far more tolerant and accepting than older generations. And educating them about differences and respect is a fecking good thing. End of.
The world and society in general is going down the pan, after decades of your free love and liberal leftie ideals has kept growing, pushing back boundaries, now one of your push back boundaries dislikes another what do you do? Carry on regardless :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keep pushing cocker then I hope one day you will accept responsibility for the mess and clean it up.
You really are incredibly stupid.

The world is a product of angry, bitter and stupid men like you. We've not had decades of "liberal leftie ideas" to suggest so is a nonsense. We've slowly had a society that collectively changes. But the world has been dominated by right wing, conservative ideas for the vast majority of its existence.

The mess we're in is solely of angry, bitter and petty people who define themselves by their colour, or nationality or religion rather than simply seeing themselves and their fellows as human beings.

You want to exclude everyone who isn't "you" from your world. Which is not sustainable. Not practical and has led to the broken and divided society we have today.

If being reasonable and nice to others and inclusive is bad then I'd rather be bad. I'd rather not make kids feel like they have to kill themselves because people like you are intolerant.

To suggest that being a right wing conservative muslim is anything to do with "me" belies the fact that you see everything in the world purely as "me" and "everyone else I don't like". Which provides a great insight into how you think. I also love the fact that tolerance makes you so angry. "push back boundaries" - you mean not being a racist? Aye. Guilty.

Anyway, I'll tolerate you. For ever and ever.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 21, 2019 12:54 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:27 am

You want to exclude everyone who isn't "you" from your world. Which is not sustainable. Not practical and has led to the broken and divided society we have today.
I find that statement utterly stupid, incredibly wrong and breath-takingly hypocritical.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 21, 2019 1:01 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:54 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I find that statement utterly stupid, incredibly wrong and breath-takingly hypocritical.
You think describing brown people being in this country as "pushing back boundaries" means anything else?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 21, 2019 3:31 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 1:01 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

You think describing brown people being in this country as "pushing back boundaries" means anything else?
Did Hobo mention "brown people?" I must have missed that bit. See, I'm all for people having opinions (I prefer them to be respected as their right rather than being rubbish just because you don't agree with them). I'd be willing to bet that Hoboh knows far more "Brown, black,yellow or even "rainbow" people than you do. Sitting preaching at a keyboard hardly qualifies you for sainthood, but I could ask the Pope about that if you like .....he might think it does in your case.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 21, 2019 3:35 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:31 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 1:01 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Did Hobo mention "brown people?" I must have missed that bit. See, I'm all for people having opinions (I prefer them to be respected as their right rather than being rubbish just because you don't agree with them). I'd be willing to bet that Hoboh knows far more "Brown, black,yellow or even "rainbow" people than you do. Sitting preaching at a keyboard hardly qualifies you for sainthood, but I could ask the Pope about that if you like .....he might think it does in your case.
The world and society in general is going down the pan, after decades of your free love and liberal leftie ideals has kept growing, pushing back boundaries, now one of your push back boundaries dislikes another what do you do? Carry on regardless :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keep pushing cocker then I hope one day you will accept responsibility for the mess and clean it up.
Is what he said in reference to my post about the Muslim protestors against the education program in Brum. Now - it is quite clear what he means.

Apparently having Muslim (brown) people in the country is a "Push back boundary" as well as "educating kids about equality and tolerance and understanding".

Firstly I am in no way responsible for either of these things. And secondly describing them as "push back boundaries" is grossly offensive on both counts.

If you want to defend that - by all means be my guest. I won't bother discussing such offensive views further, nor the defence of them.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue May 21, 2019 3:54 pm

I've got to admit I've seen no reference to Muslim=brown people anywhere in the above exchange until BWFC_i brought it up.
Unfortunately Muslims can be any fxcking colour. It's not their colour that's the problem... It's what they think that's the problem.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 21, 2019 3:57 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:54 pm
I've got to admit I've seen no reference to Muslim=brown people anywhere in the above exchange until BWFC_i brought it up.
Unfortunately Muslims can be any fxcking colour. It's not their colour that's the problem... It's what they think that's the problem.
They are all people who do not all think the same.....

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue May 21, 2019 4:22 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:57 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
That's what you think. I know that they do. Try talking to a Muslim about whether some mythical creature called Allah exists; try asking them what language he speaks; ask them what they'd think about a cartoon that shows the prophet Mohammed.
Every one of them will give the same answer. Any that don't aren't Muslim.
How do you think Jihadi murderers throughout the world seperate out their victims??? They ask them questions.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 21, 2019 4:37 pm

To clarify a point: Muslim, ie followers of Islam, follow a "religion", not a country code. It is their "religion" and its teachings that the current differences lie in. It also strengthens the case (I add, In my opinion) for all aspects outside educational subjects in the strict sense, to be taught by parents at home and not hammered into young kids who'd probably rather be playing football and netball at school. Do try to tell me who is responsible for the current rules and regs? It isn't any religious body I can assure you. My generation managed to cope with it all without sex education ( yes, I do understand the definition) of any denomination being mentioned in school hours. And before anybody tells me there weren't many Muslims about then (in England) there were plenty Protestants (another religion) as well as us Catholics who managed to follow a religion without teachers pushing their genetic difference opinions at us. That came soon enough in life. Take that topic off the curriculum and leave it to the parents, and a lot of problems would disappear from schools. .

Oh.by the bye, religion, colour or much else isn't taken into account in current totals of criminals in our prisons. Nothing so selective, they accommodate all quite happily, not a bit like Insaney's
Cadbury's selection box world where colour actually matters not a shxt, apparently.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue May 21, 2019 4:43 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:22 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
That's what you think. I know that they do. Try talking to a Muslim about whether some mythical creature called Allah exists; try asking them what language he speaks; ask them what they'd think about a cartoon that shows the prophet Mohammed.
How do you think Jihadi murderers throughout the world seperate out their victims??? They ask them questions.

Jesus Christ... And one wonders why some innocent people get burnt to death on the steps of a Mexican police station by an angry mob?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue May 21, 2019 4:48 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:43 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Jesus Christ... And one wonders why some innocent people get burnt to death on the steps of a Mexican police station by an angry mob?
No. I don't. I know why they do.
I was given those questions on a train, many years ago, in Uttar Pradesh. I managed to survive, but it gave me one hell of an inkling into the insidious bullshit that Islam is.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 22, 2019 9:16 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Christ alive. You ‘know that they do’. The words uttered by massive stinking racists the world over.

Anyhow very quickly I can completely prove you wrong.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&sourc ... 9259548040

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed May 22, 2019 2:10 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:16 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Christ alive. You ‘know that they do’. The words uttered by massive stinking racists the world over.

What are you fxcking banging on about?
Some queer can still be Muslim. Some white Anglo-Saxon can be Muslim. My entire point is that Anyfxcker can be a Muslim. It was you who equated brown people with Muslims. You can stick your "massive stinking racist" right up your arse, dipshit.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 22, 2019 5:41 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:10 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:16 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

What are you fxcking banging on about?
Some queer can still be Muslim. Some white Anglo-Saxon can be Muslim. My entire point is that Anyfxcker can be a Muslim. It was you who equated brown people with Muslims. You can stick your "massive stinking racist" right up your arse, dipshit.
You said you know they all think the same.

Within seconds I could demonstrate an example of divergent views within the religion.

Now if you want to argue ‘they all think the same’ offer some proof. Show me there is no divergence of opinion across the religion at all. That every single Muslim has the same views....

If you keep saying racist things it’s hard to respond in any other way....

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed May 22, 2019 6:17 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

If being reasonable and nice to others and inclusive is bad then I'd rather be bad.
Perhaps you could follow your own advice!

I actually agreed with the point you were making re the protests. However ignoring the rhetoric the difficulty is that a lot of conservative parents object to their children being taught about sexuality and gender at a young age.

I'm not a parent myself so it doesn't affect me but I can understand why some parents might want to just let their kids be kids for as long as possible. There's a lot of them upset about it too & not just at this school. I'm not sure you can just ride roughshod over their views without some dialogue or compromise
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 22, 2019 6:35 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:17 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

If being reasonable and nice to others and inclusive is bad then I'd rather be bad.
Perhaps you could follow your own advice!

I actually agreed with the point you were making re the protests. However ignoring the rhetoric the difficulty is that a lot of conservative parents object to their children being taught about sexuality and gender at a young age.

I'm not a parent myself so it doesn't affect me but I can understand why some parents might want to just let their kids be kids for as long as possible. There's a lot of them upset about it too & not just at this school. I'm not sure you can just ride roughshod over their views without some dialogue or compromise
It’s time that we started doing what is right rather than pandering to conservative religious types who are only interested in doing the opposite of that.

Dialogue is fine by all means. But you cannot compromise on teaching kids about acceptance and equality. If you think that is a bad thing then what can be the compromise?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed May 22, 2019 7:52 pm

^ well quite but at what age should the topics of gender and sexuality be introduced to children? I'm not fishing by the way - I've no clue
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed May 22, 2019 8:08 pm

There are different programmes for primary and secondary. Primary focuses on "relationships" so that not all families are mum, dad and kids. Basically "don't be a dick to Simon because he's got two mums".

Then in secondary school as part of the mandatory for ages Sex Ed , PSHE, whatever you want to call it, they'll have to teach about sexuality and gender identity. As far as I know it's just "these people exist and that's fine, don't be a dick."
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 22, 2019 8:09 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 7:52 pm
^ well quite but at what age should the topics of gender and sexuality be introduced to children? I'm not fishing by the way - I've no clue
Kids go to primary school who have two mums or two dads or whatever. It’s the norm now. Teaching them how the world is and how love is can never be too early. Teaching them about acceptance and that however you feel it is ok can never be too early.

And that’s what the program is.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed May 22, 2019 8:31 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:08 pm
There are different programmes for primary and secondary. Primary focuses on "relationships" so that not all families are mum, dad and kids. Basically "don't be a dick to Simon because he's got two mums".

Then in secondary school as part of the mandatory for ages Sex Ed , PSHE, whatever you want to call it, they'll have to teach about sexuality and gender identity. As far as I know it's just "these people exist and that's fine, don't be a dick."
Ah right. Cheers.

I think you may have missed your way Pru. You should have gone into teaching!