Roll up, roll up, Place Your Bets on the Tory Lottery

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will be the next Tory Ming the Merciless?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:28 pm

Boris Johnson
36%
Dominic Raab
27%
Michael Gove
18%
Penny Mordaunt
9%
Jeremy Hunt
No votes
Andrea Leadsome
No votes
Sajid Javid
No votes
Rory Stewart
9%
Esther McVey
No votes
Matt Hancock
No votes
Liz Truss
No votes
Graham Brady
No votes
Mark Harper
No votes
Kit Malthouse
No votes
James Cleverly
No votes
Steve Baker
No votes
Some OtherWanker
No votes

Total votes: 11

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Roll up, roll up, Place Your Bets on the Tory Lottery

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat May 25, 2019 4:28 pm

If there is one thing I know on this site, everybody thinks they know more than everybody else. Come on then, express your inner Nostradamus. Who will win?
As we face a new Prime Minister. Who will the Tories choose?

I'm not asking who you think will be the best candidate, merely who will win the beauty contest.

You have 15 days to decide. One vote, non refundable.

And Remember, only once in the more than 40 year history of the Tories choosing a leader, has the favourite ever won.
A swift recap shows:
1965 Heath beat fav. Maudling
1975 Thatcher beat fav. Whitelaw
1990 Major beat fav. Heseltine
1997 Hague beat fav. Clarke
2001 IDS beat fav. Portfolio
2003 fav. Howard won
2005 Cameron beat fav. Davis
2016 May beat fav. Johnson
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Sat May 25, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Roll up, roll up, Place Your Bets on the Tory Lottery

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat May 25, 2019 4:29 pm

I've gone for Raab.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat May 25, 2019 5:41 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 4:29 pm
I've gone for Raab.

Funnily enough, so am I. Not sure why though but he comes across OK.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat May 25, 2019 5:49 pm

I think it'll be BoJo. Tough to see them keeping him off the final two and the members will defo pick him.

We're fecked either way as the Tory party membership is insane and they'll pick the nuttiest of whichever two are put forward. And there will be at least one nutter to placate the nutter MPs.

Fecking Leadsome would be my other prediction.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 25, 2019 5:56 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 5:49 pm
I think it'll be BoJo. Tough to see them keeping him off the final two and the members will defo pick him.

We're fecked either way as the Tory party membership is insane and they'll pick the nuttiest of whichever two are put forward. And there will be at least one nutter to placate the nutter MPs.

Take Rory Stewart off that list and they are all absolutely vile nutters.

I like Rory. He’s got absolutely fecking no chance. Only way to be Tory leader is to be a vile nutjob type. Given they are all much of a muchness I won’t care which of them wins. I know I will be voting tactically against them come a GE regardless.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat May 25, 2019 6:03 pm

I've voted for Rory Stewart. There's just something similar to when Cameron came up from nowhere to beat Davis.

Bojo is too divisive, Gove and Hunt are as unelectable as Corbyn and the rest are either mad, incompetent or nobodies. I'm only glad Chris Grayling didn't throw his hat into the ring. He'd probably have missed!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat May 25, 2019 6:08 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:03 pm
I've voted for Rory Stewart. There's just something similar to when Cameron came up from nowhere to beat Davis.

Bojo is too divisive, Gove and Hunt are as unelectable as Corbyn and the rest are either mad, incompetent or nobodies. I'm only glad Chris Grayling didn't throw his hat into the ring. He'd probably have missed!
:lol:

(Ruud, I'm relieved she's put herself out of the picture.)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat May 25, 2019 6:11 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 4:28 pm
If there is one thing I know on this site, everybody thinks they know more than everybody else.

If I were the type, I might find that ever so slightly offensive.

Harry Genshaw wrote:
I'm only glad Chris Grayling didn't throw his hat into the ring. He'd probably have missed!

Maybe he did!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat May 25, 2019 6:13 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:08 pm
(Ruud, I'm relieved she's put herself out of the picture.)

Isn't she on some dream ticket as Johnson's No.2?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat May 25, 2019 6:16 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 5:56 pm
Prufrock wrote:

I like Rory. He’s got absolutely fecking no chance. Only way to be Tory leader is to be a vile nutjob type. Given they are all much of a muchness I won’t care which of them wins. I know I will be voting tactically against them come a GE regardless.
I just knew that freak creep would attract someones vote, Freddie Starr would make a better PM than him and he's dead!

Oh as for Amber Dudd the Tories would never ever even interest me in voting for them if they find her a safe seat, otherwise she's toast.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 25, 2019 7:03 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:16 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

I just knew that freak creep would attract someones vote, Freddie Starr would make a better PM than him and he's dead!

Oh as for Amber Dudd the Tories would never ever even interest me in voting for them if they find her a safe seat, otherwise she's toast.
I like Stewart. He has no chance. But I like him. But given the penchant for angry right wing extremists, or Trump lite characters that’s what we will end up with.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat May 25, 2019 7:15 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:03 pm
Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

I like Stewart. He has no chance. But I like him. But given the penchant for angry right wing extremists, or Trump lite characters that’s what we will end up with.
You like Rory Stewart? Anything to do with him voting remain in the Brexit vote?

What is your definition of a vile nutjob? Anyone who voted leave? Mmmm. And you call other people nutjobs.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 25, 2019 7:19 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:15 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

You like Rory Stewart? Anything to do with him voting remain in the Brexit vote?

What is your definition of a vile nutjob? Anyone who voted leave? Mmmm. And you call other people nutjobs.
Voting leave doesn’t make you a vile nut job. It’s just the majority of vile nut jobs voted leave.

What is wrong with Rory? A moderate, practical, intelligent and thoughtful centrist.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat May 25, 2019 7:29 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:11 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 4:28 pm
If there is one thing I know on this site, everybody thinks they know more than everybody else.

If I were the type, I might find that ever so slightly offensive.
:)
I was hoping for more than "ever so slightly" to be honest
:wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat May 25, 2019 7:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:19 pm
malcd1 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Voting leave doesn’t make you a vile nut job. It’s just the majority of vile nut jobs voted leave.

What is wrong with Rory? A moderate, practical, intelligent and thoughtful centrist.
I didn't say there was anything wrong with Rory Stewart. He seems like a decent politician. I questioned why you like a Tory and was it because he voted Remain? I suspect that is the main reason behind it.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat May 25, 2019 7:53 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:

:lol: someone on Twitter suggested our best bet was for Grayling to put himself forward on a platform to leave with no deal and sell off the NHS.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sat May 25, 2019 7:57 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:53 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:

:lol: someone on Twitter suggested our best bet was for Grayling to put himself forward on a platform to leave with no deal and sell off the NHS.
I have a strong dislike of Hancock, and hated Hunt when he was health sec. It’s a reflection of the other candidates that part of me thinks they wouldn’t be too bad.....

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat May 25, 2019 8:00 pm

Michael Gove is relatively* popular among lawyers simply by dint of coming between Grayling and Liz Truss.

*Relatively

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat May 25, 2019 8:28 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:49 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
malcd1 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

I didn't say there was anything wrong with Rory Stewart. He seems like a decent politician. I questioned why you like a Tory and was it because he voted Remain? I suspect that is the main reason behind it.
Why wouldn’t I like a Tory? I’d probably vote for them if Stewart or Ken Clarke or Grieve were their leader. I crave a more moderate Labour leader. A more moderate Tory one. Frankly one that isn’t peddling right wing populism would be a start but that list is bereft of options there.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat May 25, 2019 9:44 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 8:28 pm
malcd1 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:49 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
malcd1 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Why wouldn’t I like a Tory? I’d probably vote for them if Stewart or Ken Clarke or Grieve were their leader. I crave a more moderate Labour leader. A more moderate Tory one. Frankly one that isn’t peddling right wing populism would be a start but that list is bereft of options there.
:lol: :lol: :lol: all remaniacs to boot :lol: :lol: :lol: