TW Awards 2018/19

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

TW Awards 2018/19

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed May 29, 2019 9:06 pm

In a Sammy Lee attempt to look at positives, who were yours for last season?

Player of the Year:
Goal of the season:
Best BWFC moment of the year:
Best footballing (non BWFC) moment of the year:
Best opponents performance:
Best opposing player:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Re: TW Awards 2018/19

Post by nicholaldo » Wed May 29, 2019 9:59 pm

1. O'Neil (with Williams also being worthy of a mention).
2. None particularly stand out but I'll go with O'Neill's against Millwall, just because it was a fairly good goal and because it gave me a rare chance to celebrate a goal which practically sealed three points.
3. Honestly, it was probably entering administration. Purely because it might finally provide the club with the chance of renewal it's been so desperate for. Failing that, the emergence of Luca Connell.
4. I can't choose just one, but I'll pick the following three: Ajax doing well in Europe, Liverpool overturning a three-goal deficit against Barcelona (Alexander-Arnold's corner in particular) and Leeds United's play-off semi-final defeat.
5. I'm assuming this means against us? If it does, Norwich City at home. Although, I remember feeling very humbled and embarrassed by the way Sheffield United controlled proceedings when they beat us 3-0.
6. Buendia (but I was also impressed with McBurnie).

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu May 30, 2019 10:38 am

I know it was a depressing season but come on.... ae:)

1. Gary O'Neill - Lowe and Williams both had long spells of good form but Gary was this year's Karl Henry.

2. Not many to choose from but Olkowski's equaliser at PNE stands out for me.

3. Three stand out. Hearing about the late winner at WBA on opening day, the late equaliser at Norwich celebrated wildly by the 300 or so whites there or the last win at QPR.

4. The Liverpool win over Barca was something special. Seeing Utd flounder always cheers me up to.

5. Sheffield Utd at home. We couldn't get near them that day. A remarkable achievement by Wilder to get them up and playing like that on pretty modest resources.

6. Hard to see past Puki but I've been a big admirer of Maupay these last two seasons too
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 30, 2019 10:44 am

1) Gary O'Neil
2) I'd go Pawel's at Preston. Thunderbolt.
3) Definitely first day of season win. All felt so promising then....if only we knew...
4) Kompany's winner against Leicester. By some margin. Magic moment.

Too painful to answer last two. We even managed to make Ipswich look good....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 30, 2019 10:54 am

Player of the Year: Gazgazgazgazgaz. If he's happy to come back next term, I'm happy to have him. We'll need his kind.

Goal of the season: Best one was Pav's hammered leveller at Preston. Parky's Bolton don't/didn't often do comebacks, and this one was pleasingly swift and brutal. But as you haven't specified "best", I'll mention the goal that summed us up: the injury-time consolation at home to 24th-placed Ipswich, scored by one of them.

Best BWFC moment of the year: I was out of the country for the early wins so I missed that excitement. Winning at QPR was nice, but in the scheme of things, I'm with Nicko: Admin meaning the end of Anderson.

Best footballing (non BWFC) moment of the year: A genuine PL title race of quite astonishing quality. (Ignore the financial reasons and ramifications.)

Best opponents performance: They all seemed quite good at cripple-kicking.

Best opposing player: The whirling Norvicensians. I couldn't tell 'em apart.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu May 30, 2019 12:09 pm

Player of the Year: Did we have one?
Goal of the season: the goal at Preston that looked like it was launched not kicked.
Best BWFC moment of the year: The anticipation before the season kicked off.
Best footballing (non BWFC) moment of the year: Bielsa telling his players to allow the opposition to score
Best opponents performance: Brentford at ours.
Best opposing player: Parkinson
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu May 30, 2019 9:36 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:38 am

4. The Liverpool win over Barca was something special. Seeing Utd flounder always cheers me up to.
I’ll be joining you in your Liverpool fanship ;) Saturday night Harry...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu May 30, 2019 9:38 pm

Player of the Year: Gary O Neil wins the tallest dwarf contest.
Goal of the season: I’ll say Wildshit at Reading. Genuinely can’t remember any of real quality.
Best BWFC moment of the year: there wasn’t one. I did laugh when Parky got sent off atLeeds.
Best footballing (non BWFC) moment of the year: Spurs doing City in the CL - a quadruple would have ruined football.
Best opponents performance: against us? Norwich obvs. That was quality, the Hull rout was just our lot being shithouses.
Best opposing player: not necessarily against us but the Sheff U Centre half O Connell I thought was tip topwhenever I watched them. I think they might do alright next season.

m_taylor2703
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by m_taylor2703 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:01 pm

Player of the Year: Matthews. Numerous big saves, including a pen. I know he had that almighty cock up vs Wigan but still impressed for me.
Goal of the season: O'Neil's vs Millwall
Best BWFC moment of the year: WBA win, gave me so much hope for the season.
Best footballing (non BWFC) moment of the year: Kompany goal!
Best opponents performance: Sheffield UTD
Best opposing player: Hernandez for Norwich!