Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38284
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 27, 2019 3:10 pm

Sorry, but I'm actually laughing my bollocks off. I belong to an art/painting site and a female member has just submitted a sketch of a woman's face looking absolutely gormless in a way that only somebody trying to look "sexy" can. I would have just passsed on, but the title made me howl.."Soldier of Love"....sorry, ....no, I'm not, it's xxxxing hilarious... :lol:
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:51 pm

And this hysteria over two women in a fight on a night bus!

I've known others beaten up on night busses.
One lot because they were drunk, another lot because they were foreign, others because they were students, one pair because they were old, two because they were white, and one pair because they weren't Londoners.
They all had in common the fact they were male.

So for fxck sake you wanted equality, you've got it: welcome to the real world.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12677
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:24 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:51 pm
And this hysteria over two women in a fight on a night bus!

I've known others beaten up on night busses.
One lot because they were drunk, another lot because they were foreign, others because they were students, one pair because they were old, two because they were white, and one pair because they weren't Londoners.
They all had in common the fact they were male.

So for fxck sake you wanted equality, you've got it: welcome to the real world.
Personally I wouldn't think it was about who gets beaten up, but how do you make the transit system safer. All these attacks (except possibly the drunks who may have started it) would seem unacceptable to me. Surely you have security cameras on buses. Do the perpetrators ever get caught?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.
:pray:Image

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:35 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:24 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:51 pm
And this hysteria over two women in a fight on a night bus!

I've known others beaten up on night busses.
One lot because they were drunk, another lot because they were foreign, others because they were students, one pair because they were old, two because they were white, and one pair because they weren't Londoners.
They all had in common the fact they were male.

So for fxck sake you wanted equality, you've got it: welcome to the real world.
Personally I wouldn't think it was about who gets beaten up, but how do you make the transit system safer. All these attacks (except possibly the drunks who may have started it) would seem unacceptable to me. Surely you have security cameras on buses. Do the perpetrators ever get caught?
Five of them so far. But guess what, they can't be named because they're all underaged.

Believe me, I'm not one for thinking that late night beatings on busses are conducive to a proper society.
I'm more outraged that if it was two male students from Blackpool we'd never have heard about it. Hypocrisy.

Here's the latest quotes from the victim:
"A lot of people’s rights and basic safety are at risk. I want people to feel emboldened to stand up to the same people who feel emboldened by the rightwing populism that is, I feel, responsible for the escalation in hate crimes. I want people to take away from this that they should stand up for themselves and each other.”

Geymonat added: “The violence is not only because we are women which are dating each other. It’s also because we are women.”

Utter bullshit. Were my mates attacked on a London bus because they weren't from London, forty years ago, because of right wing populism? Or because they were women??? Of course they fxcking weren't.
And as I said previously, to women who wanted equality, welcome to the real world.

The problem isn't right wing populism, or anti-gay sentiment, or misogyny - it's because people (men and women) are arseholes.
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:18 pm

And if you argue differently I'll wait forty years, load a hammer in my handbag, and come after you...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4025
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Enoch » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:09 am

I'm a tad confused.

My aged parents both receive pension credit. They are certainly not on the breadline. Am I missing something?

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3529
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 5:33 pm

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by malcd1 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:23 am

Enoch wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:09 am
I'm a tad confused.

My aged parents both receive pension credit. They are certainly not on the breadline. Am I missing something?
My mum is not on Pension Credits but is no way flushed. She is eating into she meagre savings to get by and now she will have to find the cost of a TV license on top of everything else.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4025
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Enoch » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:25 am

malcd1 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:23 am
Enoch wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:09 am
I'm a tad confused.

My aged parents both receive pension credit. They are certainly not on the breadline. Am I missing something?
My mum is not on Pension Credits but is no way flushed. She is eating into she meagre savings to get by and now she will have to find the cost of a TV license on top of everything else.
Has she applied for pension credit?

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2336
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Xanadu

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by jmjhb » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:25 am

I don't agree with the decision, but I suspect it is to catch the baby boomer generation who for the most part are financially well-off. Means testing it is probably fairer in the long run. I've also noticed most of the criticism is by the children of the people affected who, again, are middle-class and comfortable and could easily afford to pay for their parents' licence fee anyway.

That said, I don't know anyone under 30 who has a TV licence. and with the plethora of streaming services currently available and upcoming, the BBC is very much an outdated institution and on the way out. Quite frankly, with their recent decision making, good f*cking riddance and don't let the door hit you on the way out!

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3529
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 5:33 pm

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by malcd1 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:28 am

Enoch wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:25 am
malcd1 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:23 am
Enoch wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:09 am
I'm a tad confused.

My aged parents both receive pension credit. They are certainly not on the breadline. Am I missing something?
My mum is not on Pension Credits but is no way flushed. She is eating into she meagre savings to get by and now she will have to find the cost of a TV license on top of everything else.
Has she applied for pension credit?

I think she has looked in the past but because she has a percentage of my dad's pension she doesn't qualify. I will check for her. Ta.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12635
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:01 pm

The biased broadcasting corporation who actually pay jug ears over a million PA (for what you might well ask) should stand on it's own two feet instead of extorting cash off Joe public under the disguise of being a fair neutral broadcaster. It is the bastion of the liberal wet climate change mob.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38284
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:39 pm

All a bit farcical by the B.B.C. since they're paying Gary "the crisp man" Linekar 1.75 mil and Graham Norton 600,000 (The Kinks, "Lazing on a sunny afternoon" plays mockingly in the background) They produce some good T.V: sport, period and other dramas and are advert free, beyond that they're notorious penny-pinchers of great renown (I.T.V's teatime flagship"The Chase" offers genuine big money, multi thousands, if you're good enough to win it . Their tea time rival B.B.C golden goose show, "Pointless" try to make £2,500 seem like a fortune, even to celebrities for charity.) Like all else, the fat-cats at the top end will suffer nothing at all and the public will foot the bill.
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7024
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:40 pm

Free swimming for the elderly was scrapped by most (all?) Local authorities a few years ago & I've no issue with the licence being means tested now. We still offer all our OAPs a winter fuel allowance irrespective of income. I wonder how long before they come for that?

No one ever died for lack of a telly!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:19 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:40 pm
Free swimming for the elderly was scrapped by most (all?) Local authorities a few years ago & I've no issue with the licence being means tested now. We still offer all our OAPs a winter fuel allowance irrespective of income. I wonder how long before they come for that?

No one ever died for lack of a telly!
Au contraire my friend. At least one person I didn't know has died through a lack of a telly. No joke. My mother's 85 year old next door neighbour threw herself off a multistorey carpark roof after her TV died and she didn't have enough money to buy a new one. You could blame my mother for being a shit neighbour, you could blame society, or you could blame the old biddy herself for being addicted to Judge Judy or whatever, but you cannot make the statement no one ever died for lack of a telly.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7024
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:26 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:19 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:40 pm
Free swimming for the elderly was scrapped by most (all?) Local authorities a few years ago & I've no issue with the licence being means tested now. We still offer all our OAPs a winter fuel allowance irrespective of income. I wonder how long before they come for that?

No one ever died for lack of a telly!
Au contraire my friend. At least one person I didn't know has died through a lack of a telly. No joke. My mother's 85 year old next door neighbour threw herself off a multistorey carpark roof after her TV died and she didn't have enough money to buy a new one. You could blame my mother for being a shit neighbour, you could blame society, or you could blame the old biddy herself for being addicted to Judge Judy or whatever, but you cannot make the statement no one ever died for lack of a telly.
Sustained!

I would argue though that it was hurtling into concrete from a great height that killed her. Not the lack of a working TV set that did for her :wink:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:32 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:26 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:19 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:40 pm
Free swimming for the elderly was scrapped by most (all?) Local authorities a few years ago & I've no issue with the licence being means tested now. We still offer all our OAPs a winter fuel allowance irrespective of income. I wonder how long before they come for that?

No one ever died for lack of a telly!
Au contraire my friend. At least one person I didn't know has died through a lack of a telly. No joke. My mother's 85 year old next door neighbour threw herself off a multistorey carpark roof after her TV died and she didn't have enough money to buy a new one. You could blame my mother for being a shit neighbour, you could blame society, or you could blame the old biddy herself for being addicted to Judge Judy or whatever, but you cannot make the statement no one ever died for lack of a telly.
Sustained!

I would argue though that it was hurtling into concrete from a great height that killed her. Not the lack of a working TV set that did for her :wink:
You'd make a fantastic lawyer, I think.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35600
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:56 am

To my astonishment, my parents (81 and 78 years old) seem somewhat ambivalent towards the TV licence issue and simply attribute it to the fact that we're all living longer.
May the bridges I burn light your way

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:33 pm

Girl aged 10 reckoned to be youngest person to 'climb' El Capitan.
Oh do behave, you hauled yourself, with the help of your father, up 3,000 foot of rope. And it took you five days. Hardly climbed the fxcking thing...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4025
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Enoch » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:10 am

"Temporary 50mph speed limits on two stretches of the M4 - introduced to cut air pollution through built-up areas - are to be made permanent."

So when we all own a Tesla, or we're all sitting in our autonomous vehicle, we'll only be doing 50.

I think not.

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: Today I'm neither Angry nor Happy about....

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:00 pm

I've had to put the heating on... It's fxcking cold indoors. Supposedly death heat this weekend and I'm shivering.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests