Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:31 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:17 pm
^^
I'm thinking you'd better consider buying next door Spots before somebody dies. Holiday-maker/summer vacationers and you just aren't it. :lol:
p.s, is it true you've been on "The neighbour from hell" on T.V?
Nope. All lies.
I am, however, one of the 1,903 British drivers who were persued by European countries for driving offences committed abroad in 2017.
Switzerland, canton of Berne where I had the insolence to travel at 83kph in an 80kph zone.
I didn't realise there were so few of us.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:33 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:29 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
^^
I'm thinking you'd better consider buying next door Spots before somebody dies. Holiday-maker/summer vacationers and you just aren't it. :lol:
Here's one for you Spots. A thousand homes and a school have been affected (I was going to put currently, then thought.....Ahhh .) by Power cuts and residents are going to Farnworth Leisure Centre to get a shower and vans ae cooking breakfasts for hundreds. The cause of it all? ; a break in at a sub-station! What sort of loon breaks into an electrical sub-station ffs ?
Thieves after copper wire. Mostly organised crime by Bulgarian, Romanian and Albanian thieves. But don't tell the bleeding hearts about it, the poor sods are fleeing persecution...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:56 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:33 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
^^
Here's one for you Spots. A thousand homes and a school have been affected (I was going to put currently, then thought.....Ahhh .) by Power cuts and residents are going to Farnworth Leisure Centre to get a shower and vans ae cooking breakfasts for hundreds. The cause of it all? ; a break in at a sub-station! What sort of loon breaks into an electrical sub-station ffs ?
Thieves after copper wire. Mostly organised crime by Bulgarian, Romanian and Albanian thieves. But don't tell the bleeding hearts about it, the poor sods are fleeing persecution...
It's always been 'travellers' in my previous experiences. They must make a bob or two from the wire because it's extremely dangerous what they're doing to get it!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:11 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:56 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:33 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
^^

It's always been 'travellers' in my previous experiences.
They must make a bob or two from the wire because it's extremely dangerous what they're doing to get it!
And in my experience.

The two I have known about the police have kindly asked the travellers to vacate the building. They on the other hand have said don't worry we will be gone in 24 hours. The useless police have waited outside the site while these thieving gypsy bar stewards strip every bit of metal from the building including copper heating pipes and wire causing upwards of £1.5m damage (they don't bother isolating the water supply). They are above the law and the police won't do anything to either stop the damage or arrest these scumbags.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:35 pm

So... Are you sitting comfortably...
A few weeks ago I ordered an item through Amazon (I believe the correct terminology is Dispatched & Sold by Amazon). I declined a free fxcking trial of Prime as I always do and opted for the quick despatch option - an extra £3.99 for guaranteed delivery within 48 hours. Tracked. Posted via Royal Mail. To a Local Collect destination.
So far, so good, done this hundreds of times... well ok, tens of tens of times.
And then... ... ... the tracking number showed it stuck in North West RDC (which I believe means Regional Distribution Centre)... ....
I waited nearly two days before I rang up Royal Mail. They said the distributor (Amazon) had informed them of the imminent arrival but it hasn't entered the system.
I rang Amazon and told them what Royal Mail had said. They said they had sent it and they'd chase it up. This they did... the status progress on the tracking changed to something about being delayed. The Amazon page then told me it could be up to a week before it arrived, but IT WAS ON ITS WAY!.
Despite complaining, a week later it hadn't arrived. I had complained in the meantime so there was an entire log of chat recorded on my notifications!!!
Finally I got the hump and demanded a new item was sent out immediately priority mail.
Amazon complied and I got an email saying sorry and that I would not be charged Extra for the next day delivery.
Today is the Next Day. I get two push notifications on my Amazon app. The first informs me that the item I ordered over two weeks ago is now available for collection from a Royal Mail tracked depot or my chosen location!
The second notification told me that the item I'd ordered second had been returned at my request!
I went to the PO which is my local collection point and they told me they had neither item.
I went to Matlock (5 miles away) to find out they'd had the first item for over a week and had therefore returned it, and my second item had arrived this morning but had been sent back because a recall was on the item.
Amazon have, on my Orders page, me down as recieving both items as Delivered and Collected today. I've been charged for both, I have neither, and my willpower is draining fast...

I want to fxcking scream... but I have no mouth...

(Better than living in Idlib I suppose, but at least there I'd have the opportunity to shoot somefxcker).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:59 pm

I must order stuff off of Amazon about six times a year at the most. A couple of months ago they charged an amount to my credit card. When I looked into it they'd somehow railroaded me into this 'Prime' racket that they run. Anyway, I took issue with them and they repaid the amount and sent me email confirmation that I'm not actually a member of the scheme and that they won't try to charge my card again. You've to keep an eye on them, you know? The c*nts!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:59 pm
I must order stuff off of Amazon about six times a year at the most. A couple of months ago they charged an amount to my credit card. When I looked into it they'd somehow railroaded me into this 'Prime' racket that they run. Anyway, I took issue with them and they repaid the amount and sent me email confirmation that I'm not actually a member of the scheme and that they won't try to charge my card again. You've to keep an eye on them, you know? The c*nts!
Indeed you have to.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:39 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:59 pm
Oh I joined that for fast delivery and free prime membership on music and TV

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:59 am

Ok, I've heard everything now. We have a village do on over the weekend, which finished last night, but the vegan food stand is going all week (or until it runs out of food).
Walking past it I've just heard a tourist questioning the contents of the food being dispensed... Not querying whether it contains animal or dairy products, oh no... They were querying, or rather Interrogating, as to whether there were any fungal products in the food! Yes, every food they were selling had some sort of fungus, yeast or mycoprotein in it. This was not good enough for the Pure Vegans, as apparently they view fungii and yeasts of part of the Animal Kingdom.
I really thought they were meat eaters just taking the piss out of the Vegan stand, but no, I know Mike who runs it and he tells me it's not common, but it's not the first time he's been accosted for nor not being a Pure Vegan.
What I want to know is why's it ok to murder plants? They've got DNA too!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:09 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:59 am
Ok, I've heard everything now. We have a village do on over the weekend, which finished last night, but the vegan food stand is going all week (or until it runs out of food).
Walking past it I've just heard a tourist questioning the contents of the food being dispensed... Not querying whether it contains animal or dairy products, oh no... They were querying, or rather Interrogating, as to whether there were any fungal products in the food! Yes, every food they were selling had some sort of fungus, yeast or mycoprotein in it. This was not good enough for the Pure Vegans, as apparently they view fungii and yeasts of part of the Animal Kingdom.
I really thought they were meat eaters just taking the piss out of the Vegan stand, but no, I know Mike who runs it and he tells me it's not common, but it's not the first time he's been accosted for nor not being a Pure Vegan.
If they didn't eat, period, they'd die then we could use them as compost, sorted!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:29 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:09 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
If they didn't eat, period, they'd die then we could use them as compost, sorted!
Absolutely. Although Mike's alright, just had a root beer, some nut bake and a bit of vegan burger with him, whilst lamenting the fact our village cygnets (all five of them) have gone in under a week [we also have a fxcking big pike]. His root beer is superb, his nut bake was ok, his philosophy regarding veganism, cygnets and pike is slightly dodgy, but his vegan burger is just plain shit: it tastes like it smells - dubious, sweet and sour, with notes of used pipe tobacco, horrendous.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:00 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:29 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Absolutely. Although Mike's alright, just had a root beer, some nut bake and a bit of vegan burger with him, whilst lamenting the fact our village cygnets (all five of them) have gone in under a week [we also have a fxcking big pike]. His root beer is superb, his nut bake was ok, his philosophy regarding veganism, cygnets and pike is slightly dodgy, but his vegan burger is just plain shit: it tastes like it smells - dubious, sweet and sour, with notes of used pipe tobacco, horrendous.
There is an answer to it all; it's called "hunger". If you ever experience it, Vegitarians, Vegans, planet savers and all, you will eat whatever you can get your teeth into. Promise.... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:40 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:00 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:29 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
There is an answer to it all; it's called "hunger". If you ever experience it, Vegitarians, Vegans, planet savers and all, you will eat whatever you can get your teeth into. Promise.... :wink:
Sometimes even that ain't enough.
Many many moons ago, during student Panto week in the Neanderthal wilderness of Liverpool, me and couple of friends set up a hot dog stall on the concourse between the Union building and the Augustus John pub.
We were giving away the hot dogs, and had a few friends digging in and munching away sitting on the low brick walls around our stall. Only nobody was taking our delicious, savoury, aroma laden hot dogs... because we were advertising the fact we were frying the onions in fat that had been taken from women using the newly invented technique of liposuction. Not matter how much we praised the safe removal of a valuable ecologically friendly resource, and no matter how many friends were drooling over the delicious hot dogs, we couldn't give them away.

(We weren't actually using liposuction fat from women's midriffs - we were frying the onions using scoops of butter from a tub.)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:17 pm

The Independent produce this "photo"
migrant1-0.png
migrant1-0.png (308.58 KiB) Viewed 1847 times
Do get to fxck.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:21 pm

Here's a photo of my arse cheeks...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:01 pm

So what are you angry about? The Independent publishing it, or the events that led to this tragedy?

There was a rather lively discussion about it on R2 with Jeremy Vine today.

Whatever the political arguments, you must be absolutely desperate to risk yours and your children's lives in this way.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:08 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:17 pm
The Independent produce this "photo"

migrant1-0.png

Do get to fxck.
Yep. The important issue here is The Independent's Pixelation of a photograph showing a dead father and daughter, drowned as they crossed a river in the desperate hope of a decent life.

Glad you've got your priorities in order.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:14 am

Harry and Bruce, I'm with Spotty on this. I interpret his comment to mean "why publish it when it gives the reader no information" - it's nothing to do with the circumstance of the tragedy, just a stupid image manipulation to avoid showing the terrible image that lies behind it.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:27 am

Dujon wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:14 am
Harry and Bruce, I'm with Spotty on this. I interpret his comment to mean "why publish it when it gives the reader no information" - it's nothing to do with the circumstance of the tragedy, just a stupid image manipulation to avoid showing the terrible image that lies behind it.
That's how I read Spot's comment too Dujon. I had already seen the real image elswhere, which brought home the heartbreaking reality of it and just didn't understand why the other was shown at all? The real tragedy is of the world we live in where these things can happen. Me, I'll pray for their souls. R.I.P.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:50 am

I'm more angry that Trump supporters have taken to social media to say that the photo's 'staged' and is 'propaganda'.