What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:17 pm

Rob Lowe is a monumentally weird guy.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:12 pm

How they see us. A documentary on Netflix about the central park 'wilding' case. A 4 parter that I watched last weekend in a semi permanent rage. Excellent telly and a good expose of the US legal system
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:25 pm

A cracking drama at 2:15 on 4 this afternoon. Written by Mark Lawson it deals with the subject of gender in a sport environment.

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:04 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:18 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:25 pm
Those of you who didn't watch The Virtues need to go back and watch it. Superb, gripping television. One of the best things I've ever watched.
I'm sure it's cracking like most of Meadows's work but there's only so much miserable kitchen sink drama you can watch. :|
Started watching it around 11 and didn't go to bed til around 5. I was only meant to watch one episode...

It's unmissable if you've got the stomach for it, and Stephen Graham is world class.

Basically what Bruce said, it might be one of the best things I've ever watched.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:14 am

Jakerbeef wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:04 pm
jmjhb wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Those of you who didn't watch The Virtues need to go back and watch it. Superb, gripping television. One of the best things I've ever watched.
I'm sure it's cracking like most of Meadows's work but there's only so much miserable kitchen sink drama you can watch. :|
Started watching it around 11 and didn't go to bed til around 5. I was only meant to watch one episode...

It's unmissable if you've got the stomach for it, and Stephen Graham is world class.

Basically what Bruce said, it might be one of the best things I've ever watched.
Glad you enjoyed it, Chief. I'd honestly no idea as to just what an incredible actor Stephen Graham is before watching it.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:23 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:14 am
Jakerbeef wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:04 pm
jmjhb wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Glad you enjoyed it, Chief. I'd honestly no idea as to just what an incredible actor Stephen Graham is before watching it.

Stephen Graham has been excellent in everything I've seen him in....... especially Line of Duty (last series) and This Is England

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:11 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:23 am

Stephen Graham has been excellent in everything I've seen him in....... especially Line of Duty (last series) and This Is England
D'ya like dags?!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:04 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:

Never watched a second of Line of Duty. I thought he was decent in This is England, but upped his game incredibly in Virtues.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:26 pm

His Al Capone in Boardwalk Empire was feckin terrifying. It breathed new life into the whole series.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:31 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:11 am
Gary the Enfield wrote:

D'ya like dags?!!
Yes..... I only watched that recently too.

"I feck* 'ate pikeys" :mrgreen:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:07 pm

Been watching re-runs of "Lewis" mainly because Lawrence Fox's character, Sergeant James Hathaway is one of the most intriguingly complex characters the scriptwriters have come up with for a long time. Brilliant ex university graduate after studying Theology for the priesthood, being head hunted by M.I.6 and staying single (so far) Hathaway is one they could write a whole series around. The next Inspector Morse in his own right. Lawrence Fox is perfect in the part.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:38 am

See that Robert Peston? He's a c*nt.

Watched him last night interviewing Jeremy Hunt when he decided that it was somehow relevant to start asking Hunt about a car crash he (as a two year old) and his family were involved in in which his seven months old sister was killed.

What's the purpose of that then, other that for Peston, a Poundland Paxman, to show us all amply once again that he's a c*nt?!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:23 pm

Liam Gallagher is, actually, a fecking rock and roll star!

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:49 am

I can't imagine much worse than being in a field with 200000 other people, even if they are middle-class radical feminists

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:36 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:23 pm
Liam Gallagher is, actually, a fecking rock and roll star!
Just watching it now. Reminded of Elis James as he walks out: "whatever you think of Liam Gallagher, you cannot deny that he is one of the great coat wearers of our era.".

Edit: that fecking Ken Dodd dedication :lol:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:51 pm

Also absolutely buzzing for that kid who got taken up on stage with Dave. Not my thing really, but fair feck*! Absolutely class.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:41 pm

Doing a re-watch of BBC I player's Peaky Blinders from the start. Fantasticly filmed series and it seemed a bit surreal watching the brothers walking under the arches in Le Mans Crescent in last night's episode. Just hoping they know when to call it a day with further series. Superb T.V.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:18 pm

Watched a quite amazing programme on BBC1 tonight called "Sacred Places". Religious themed it is, but massively interesting for the spectacular worldwide content and scenery. It can be caught up on I Player and I'd recommend it as an entertaining hour. There's a follow-on next week apparently.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:30 pm

Watched Part 2 of the "Sacred Places" programme on B.B.C tonight. . At an absolutely "Huge" mosque somewhere in Mali built entirely of mud, they have to re-plaster the mud every year or the whole thing will crumble and fall down. So, on a given day "thousands" of devotees bring buckets of wet mud and cover every inch of this massive mosque.The B.B.C need to infuse their own little dramas, so they follow the action devotedly and....

Master mason A turns to master mason B and says with great seriousness: " I think we'll start at the top and work downwards....

It must be me, but....:lol:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:45 pm

Peakies are back. Episode One of a new series tonight.