Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:05 am

^^ Correct that it wasn't PBP appointing Hotel admin. Wouldn't surprise me if any "number" with "Anderson" attributed to it wasn't in some sort of dispute.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:10 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:05 am
^^ Correct that it wasn't PBP appointing Hotel admin. Wouldn't surprise me if any "number" with "Anderson" attributed to it wasn't in some sort of dispute.
I think Iles or Nixon this week said Ken was top creditor for the hotel....

If you think about it...the creditors report for the hotel was due within the last week or so. Before then we'd not heard much about the hotel being an obstacle to the club deal. Probably because James believed he was the top secured creditor. If however, Quantuma, Ken's administrators - have named Ken Anderson as top creditor in said report - then that gives James far less assurance on the hotel and crucially on PbPs substanial secured debt. And probably is why suddenly there has been talk about the hotel needing to be resolved......potentially James could be in the position of having to pay money back to the hotel from club ownership and not getting much return on his secured debt...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:19 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:10 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:05 am
I think Iles or Nixon this week said Ken was top creditor for the hotel....
Could be correct - PBP's Charges (There are 2) could be smaller than Anderson's - that would surprise me though.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:27 am

Adding credence (if you believe it) to the FV don't have the cash story...

For Rioja who's IT is sadly lacking - says FV have approached PFA about a loan...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:52 am

Permission for my panic fanny status to be increased?

I'm starting to think we might not make it :cry:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:05 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:52 am
Permission for my panic fanny status to be increased?

I'm starting to think we might not make it :cry:
Weren't you somewhere up around 4.5/5 previously? Do we need a new scale? :-)

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:06 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:27 am

For Rioja who's IT is sadly lacking - says FV have approached PFA about a loan...
If this is true, big if ? then why on earth did the admins select them as preferred bidders - it beggars belief. FV are coming across as a bit of a joke, if this carries on for a day or two longer they will be despised as much as Anderson was before the season even starts.

They are coming across as complete novices, and a PR disaster already.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:08 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:06 am
If this is true, big if ? then why on earth did the admins select them as preferred bidders
What if they were the best bid for the Club and the others were worse? Who else would they have selected?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:13 am

Any PFA loan will NOT be for FV to complete the deal with. It will be a loan to allow the administrators to pay players at the club - probably to allow them to play in a friendly. The PFA will not loan millions. We'll be talking a fairly small amount here. And it will be paid back on completion of the sale - I'd say IF the PFA loan its a reasonably good sign that there is confidence all round a deal will be done.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:21 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:13 am
Any PFA loan will NOT be for FV to complete the deal with. It will be a loan to allow the administrators to pay players at the club - probably to allow them to play in a friendly. The PFA will not loan millions. We'll be talking a fairly small amount here. And it will be paid back on completion of the sale - I'd say IF the PFA loan its a reasonably good sign that there is confidence all round a deal will be done.
...or a sign of a (relatively rich) union's desperation that its members haven't been paid in a third of a f**king year.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:34 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:27 am

It's simply that Twitter's blocked at work ;)

Anyway, if this is true then I conclude that we are well and truly. right-royally fecked!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:43 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Its more of a sign to me that FV are no closer to taking over ownership of the club, surely if they were close they could pay the players salaries themselves in the next few days.

Personally I have absolutely zero faith in FV, they messed about last time before pulling out & there is the possibility that this could happen again which means that the last month has been completely wasted in regards to preparation for the new season. They may as well have given it that crackpot Bassini, as I'm not sure that it could possibly be run any worse than it is under this lot.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:51 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
I seem to have entered a parallel universe where you're currently the most positive poster on here!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:57 am

Nixon: "Council now trying to help to get Football Ventures deal done ... massive push to get this sorted. Time not on anyone’s side either"

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:59 am

@Harry, be reet.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:03 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:57 am
Nixon: "Council now trying to help to get Football Ventures deal done ... massive push to get this sorted. Time not on anyone’s side either"
KA to FV 'out of the frying pan into the fire' springs to mind.

How FV can't understand the urgency of the situation is quite astonishing, either that or they really don't have enough money to complete & the so called proof of funding was over stated - either way I think the administrators need to come out and provide further detail or clarification ASAP, its becoming farcical.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:14 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:03 am

How FV can't understand the urgency of the situation is quite astonishing, either that or they really don't have enough money to complete & the so called proof of funding was over stated - either way I think the administrators need to come out and provide further detail or clarification ASAP, its becoming farcical.
I’m sure they’re very aware of the urgency. As frustrating and worrying as it is for fans it’s obviously a hugely complex deal. We either rush it and risk getting it wrong, causing us long term problems, or take our time for a solid takeover but fall into sporting oblivion while the solicitors are doing their stuff. I’m sure everyone is working hard to find a compromise position but it can’t be easy.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:20 am

jimbo wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:14 am
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:03 am

I’m sure they’re very aware of the urgency. As frustrating and worrying as it is for fans it’s obviously a hugely complex deal. We either rush it and risk getting it wrong, causing us long term problems, or take our time for a solid takeover but fall into sporting oblivion while the solicitors are doing their stuff. I’m sure everyone is working hard to find a compromise position but it can’t be easy.
Agree - the notion that FV are sat there unaware of the situation and urgency is not one I'd give any credence to.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:26 am

I should point out that when we went into admin it was clear that history would suggest a process taking a fair amount of time. I believe Wigan took 6 months from HoTs to complete their latest sale. So whilst I get that our position is far more worrying - there are only so many shortcuts that can be taken. I believe everyone knows the deal needs to be done before season starts. I just hope its in their control.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:37 pm

Is it still the case that the transfer window for us will be end of August (rather than start of the season) albeit only for loans (inc loans to be made permanent)? And that we can sign free agents any time up to the eventual cut off in about March. So there's a more than decent chance that we'll be piling everything into getting the takeover done by day 1, starting the season with the pros we have plus kids then trying to fill the squad out with frees and loans.

Are there limits to no of loanees in a League 1 match day squad?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.