The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Enoch » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:16 pm

Watched something earlier that said Johnson is just a charismatic crowd pleaser but can't do detail and only has optimism in his locker.

Years ago I read a book that said much the same about Adolf Hitler.

If Johnson only does about eight years in power we should be ok!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:18 pm

One will down a beer in the Connie club tomorrow when they take down strong and stable's portrait off the wall and the beer might actually begin to taste good again :oyea:

In Boris we trust Only hope.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:28 am

Enoch wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:16 pm
Watched something earlier that said Johnson is just a charismatic crowd pleaser but can't do detail and only has optimism in his locker.

He'll do well to make the trains run on time in this country!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:50 am

So, as the dummy of politics and with the Lawrence Bassini of "ics" installed as king of the underworld, what happens next? It's a genuine question?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:32 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:28 am
Enoch wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:16 pm

He'll do well to make the trains run on time in this country!

Wasn't that the Italian fella, Harry?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:40 pm

Intriguing day at the moment. Any one that thought they'd take it easy after the rest day and save themselves for the high alps to come, bad luck.

Total-Direct Énergie being forced to push at the front of the peloton will be testing everyone's reserves. Cracking.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:48 pm

Enoch wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:40 pm
Intriguing day at the moment. Any one that thought they'd take it easy after the rest day and save themselves for the high alps to come, bad luck.

Total-Direct Énergie being forced to push at the front of the peloton will be testing everyone's reserves. Cracking.
Think it irresponsible by Bernadeau making TDE chase to be honest. It’s clearly futile - there’s no chance they’ll pull back a 33 man break, and everyone else will just be annoyed they can’t nip back for water or a piss while their going full gas on the front. Crazy hot today as well.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:54 pm

jimbo wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:48 pm
Enoch wrote:

Think it irresponsible by Bernadeau making TDE chase to be honest. It’s clearly futile - there’s no chance they’ll pull back a 33 man break, and everyone else will just be annoyed they can’t nip back for water or a piss while their going full gas on the front. Crazy hot today as well.
And they’ve stopped!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:04 pm

jimbo wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:54 pm
jimbo wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:48 pm
Enoch wrote:

And they’ve stopped!

:shock:

Obviously the pressure was too much as it caused me to post this on the wrong thread!

:lol:

PTO.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:38 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:50 am
So, as the dummy of politics and with the Lawrence Bassini of "ics" installed as king of the underworld, what happens next? It's a genuine question?
Meltdown happens next. Followed by a General Election. Probably followed by further meltdown.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:45 pm

A prediction without comment:

Boris will renegotiate the deal - and probably get no significant changes to the withdrawal agreement. He will change the text of the non-binding PD.

This will go back to parliament and he will bank on every single Brexit MP backing it - lots were close last time.

If it squeaks through Boris will claim great victory on the back of a WA he has spent months of his life calling a "SURRENDER".

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:11 pm

It’s probably the most likely scenario. Parliament will do everything to stop a no deal, and there’s certainly a majority for that. He’s not going to call a second referendum or stop Brexit. I doubt he’d risk an election. I believe EU when they say WA is not for re-opening.

I can see a triumphant return from Brussels after perhaps getting a small concession out of them, before a full PR drive to spin the deal into a positive thing. Being able to motivate and bring MPs and the public on board with that is something he’d actually be good at.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:02 pm

In my opinion Tom Watson should be prosecuted for his role in the Carl "Nick" Beech affair.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:29 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:02 pm
In my opinion Tom Watson should be prosecuted for his role in the Carl "Nick" Beech affair.
Not followed that particular storey.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:32 pm

I can understand why Lib Dem's and Brexit Party folk might argue for a General Election, albeit I think many of them might get bitten. For the life of me I can't see why Corbyn continues to beat that drum.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:45 pm
A prediction without comment:

Boris will renegotiate the deal - and probably get no significant changes to the withdrawal agreement. He will change the text of the non-binding PD.

This will go back to parliament and he will bank on every single Brexit MP backing it - lots were close last time.

If it squeaks through Boris will claim great victory on the back of a WA he has spent months of his life calling a "SURRENDER".
I think this scenario is very likely.

You'll have one side trumpeting it as skilled negotiation (a'la David Cameron just pre referendum) and another sniping that it's a failure.

Whatever, we're leaving the EU. A 2nd referendum just ain't happening so we might as well try and make the best of whatever deal Bozza comes back with
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:34 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Boris will renegotiate the deal - and probably get no significant changes to the withdrawal agreement.
He will if he repeats it slowly and loudly :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:15 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:34 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Boris will renegotiate the deal - and probably get no significant changes to the withdrawal agreement.
He will if he repeats it slowly and loudly :)
Trouble is, he's got to deal with pesky foreigners.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:06 pm

Who are these buffoons, dressed in Eurogalia, screaming into microphones, day in day out outside parliament and the end of Downing Street?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:21 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:06 pm
Who are these buffoons, dressed in Eurogalia, screaming into microphones, day in day out outside parliament and the end of Downing Street?
Dunno but they're driving me fecking mad. Do they honestly believe that they're going to achieve their aims by simply hollering through a tannoy and annoying folk?

Another lot is journo's on Downing Street who shout stuff across the street. "Will you resign today, Prime Minister?" like they're going to land an exclusive on the spot.

Wankers, the lot of 'em.
May the bridges I burn light your way