Enforced break (no pun intended).

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Enforced break (no pun intended).

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:43 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:09 pm
That really is a button! :shock:

Re the boot. I hope for $150 they give you a pair so you can get some extra use out of them Monty. Pass them off as modern snow shoes perhaps?

Keep on improving old man :)
I asked about the button, Harry, on my most recent visit last Monday. Turns out there are two buttons, one on each side, connected by braided polyethylene cord. After screwing the bones back where they belong, these hold the whole ankle together. It's a newish and apparently expensive procedure called a Syndesmotic Tightrope, and it also stabilizes my broken fibula. Who knew?

On the bright side I was given permission to put weight on the foot after two interminable months. I have to use the jackboot and a crutch but I'm finally mobile. Alas, it was my right foot and I cannot yet drive.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:00 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:43 pm
I have to use the jackboot...
:shock:
That can't be right. An abuse of your political rights.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:39 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:43 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:09 pm
That really is a button! :shock:

Re the boot. I hope for $150 they give you a pair so you can get some extra use out of them Monty. Pass them off as modern snow shoes perhaps?

Keep on improving old man :)
I asked about the button, Harry, on my most recent visit last Monday. Turns out there are two buttons, one on each side, connected by braided polyethylene cord. After screwing the bones back where they belong, these hold the whole ankle together. It's a newish and apparently expensive procedure called a Syndesmotic Tightrope, and it also stabilizes my broken fibula. Who knew?

On the bright side I was given permission to put weight on the foot after two interminable months. I have to use the jackboot and a crutch but I'm finally mobile. Alas, it was my right foot and I cannot yet drive.
Wow! Simple yet incredible process and a lot nicer looking than a raft of bolts and metal. Pity about the driving though. Take it easy pal :D
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:53 am

Anyone heard from the old fella? Hope he's just kicking back and enjoying his rehab.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:42 pm

Enoch wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:53 am
Anyone heard from the old fella? Hope he's just kicking back and enjoying his rehab.
The old fella was quite pleased about being allowed to put weight on his foot after two month, even though he had to do the walking with that huge boot. Unfortunately, the boot tripped me up on one of the rehab walks about a month ago and I broke my wrist crossing the road. However, I can now walk without the boot and my wrist cast allows the use of fingers. Finally I made a successful attempt to drive this weekend after three terrifying months of being driven by my wife. So it's all good. I should be cast free on August 19, just in time for the footie season.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:43 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:42 pm
Enoch wrote:
The old fella was quite pleased about being allowed to put weight on his foot after two month, even though he had to do the walking with that huge boot. Unfortunately, the boot tripped me up on one of the rehab walks about a month ago and I broke my wrist crossing the road. However, I can now walk without the boot and my wrist cast allows the use of fingers. Finally I made a successful attempt to drive this weekend after three terrifying months of being driven by my wife. So it's all good. I should be cast free on August 19, just in time for the footie season.
I have some very bad news for you. Footie season has been cancelled mate.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:07 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Good to see you back, Monty but are you not beginning to wonder if you should be out on your own!

:)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:37 am

Enoch wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:07 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Good to see you back, Monty but are you not beginning to wonder if you should be out on your own!

:)
No, but unfortunately my wife is.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:37 pm

I see the old knackered exile is 75 today!

Happy birthday, Monty.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:06 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:37 pm
I see the old knackered exile is 75 today!

Happy birthday, Monty.
Feliz Cumpleanos amigo. Have a good one.... :pissed:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:16 pm

Lets hope he's having a party, not an operation!

Happy birthday, Monty.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:14 am

Enoch wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:16 pm
Lets hope he's having a party, not an operation!

Happy birthday, Monty.
Thanks, guys.
Quiet day.
I had dinner with the kids last Saturday so only my sister from Ottawa for the day.
Less drinking than usual but best to play safe. :D

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:58 am

A belated birthday greeting, Monty, young fellow. ;) :oyea:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:52 pm

Dujon wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:58 am
A belated birthday greeting, Monty, young fellow. ;) :oyea:
Thanks, old boy! :pissed:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:59 am

I have an enforced wound having managed to trip over the dog last night and did a flying headbutt of a doorframe from a height of 18 inches.
Managed to split my scalp open down to the skull for a length of two inches.
Strangely enough there wasn't, nor isn't, any pain, but the amount of red stuff that covered my bathroom floor was frightening.
I spent all last night in bloody hospital and never saw a doctor once. Discharged myself in the late early hours after welding the wound shut through sheer physical force and letting the blood coagulate.
It looks impressive.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:05 am

Oh shit. Sounds nasty. Scalp wounds always bleed a lot.

I think you can buy Steri Strips from a chemist. That's all the hospital use these days. Make sure it is closed up properly so it doesn't get infected and you don't have an ugly scar.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:53 am

malcd1 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:05 am
Oh shit. Sounds nasty. Scalp wounds always bleed a lot.

I think you can buy Steri Strips from a chemist. That's all the hospital use these days. Make sure it is closed up properly so it doesn't get infected and you don't have an ugly scar.
I doused it with salt water and washed it out. I think the scar will be a beaut, but it's too late to counteract it now, and besides it's underneath the hairline and partially hidden.
#dontcallmescarhead
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:33 pm

:shock: bloody hell Spotty.

See if Monty will lend you his button!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"