On yer bike!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: On yer bike!

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:21 pm

Was that a massive nosebleed all over the front of Quintana's jersey at the finish line?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:40 pm

The day that Credit Lyonnaise pulls out of sponsorship for the Tour will be a sad one. I look forward more to the stuffed lion being handed over by the day's top totty to any other award ceremony in any other sport. Understated, here's a stuffed toy, kiss, kiss...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:43 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:21 pm
Was that a massive nosebleed all over the front of Quintana's jersey at the finish line?
That was not a healthy look for a Colombian. Altitude, tick, Marching Powder, untick.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:42 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:40 pm
The day that Credit Lyonnaise pulls out of sponsorship for the Tour will be a sad one. I look forward more to the stuffed lion being handed over by the day's top totty to any other award ceremony in any other sport. Understated, here's a stuffed toy, kiss, kiss...
Have you seen the prizes at other races? My favourites include the Kuurne Brussels Kuurne stuffed donkey, the Tirenno trident and the tour of turkey bananas!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:00 pm

jimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:42 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:40 pm
Have you seen the prizes at other races? My favourites include the Kuurne Brussels Kuurne stuffed donkey, the Tirenno trident and the tour of turkey bananas!
Nope, I'm a completely amateur spectator - the only bike races I've ever watched in my life are the Tour de Frances going back many decades (and a few Milk Races, some in person and not just on TV).
But, I've just googled what you said, and I Love The Donkey!!! :D
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:08 pm

Just watched the highlights, sadly not a great overview of the day.

Folk have been predicting Alaphilippe's demise since he got into yellow. If they're gonna be proved right it's gotta happen pretty soon.

Great racing and a breath of fresh air for the sport. Surely one or more of the five chasers are going to attack tomorrow. It doesn't appear just riding an aggressive pace will dislodge him, someone must put their neck on the block!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:13 pm

Enoch wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:08 pm
Just watched the highlights, sadly not a great overview of the day.

Folk have been predicting Alaphilippe's demise since he got into yellow. If they're gonna be proved right it's gotta happen pretty soon.

Great racing and a breath of fresh air for the sport. Surely one or more of the five chasers are going to attack tomorrow. It doesn't appear just riding an aggressive pace will dislodge him, someone must put their neck on the block!
Take your pick from one of these:
Thibaut Pinot Noir
Thibaut Pinot Blanc
Thibaut Pinot Grigio
Thibaut Pinot Gris
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:19 pm

'kinell, I've just realised, today is Thursday. Which must mean just two more days in the Alps and then a roll around the Champs-Elysees.
I'm definitely backing a French one-two finish (especially as I've got money riding on it :lol: ).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:31 pm

I still think Allaphillipe will crack. It was stage 18 when Yates cracked in the giro last year and he was looking more secure than JA at the time. He’s doing phenomenally well, but he’s never ridden a race for GC in his life. To be 2 stages from winning the TDF at your first attempt without a team built around you is incredible. My head still says he’ll crack, and I think ineos, FDJ and Jumbo have been assuming he will too. It’ll be fascinating to see whether they change over the next 2 days. I think JA is being helped by the relative lack of strength of the Ineos doms

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:33 pm

I'm more a Claret kinda guy.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:54 pm

Game over for Pinot. Perfect for Ineos - Thomas and Bernal can attack JA now without worryjng about a Pinot counter.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:02 pm

That was actually heartbreaking watching Pinot stop. On the form of his life and so close to Paris with a good chance of winning that may not come again.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:20 pm

jimbo wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:02 pm
That was actually heartbreaking watching Pinot stop. On the form of his life and so close to Paris with a good chance of winning that may not come again.
Bugger.
That's £1,200 I'm not going to get. Only £10 down though in actual money, so I'm not hurting too much.
Still got £180 to come if Alaphillipe wins in Paris.
Come On You Frog!!!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:32 pm

It does again raise the issue re Pinot’s durability. That’s 6 Dnf’s in 12 GTs for him.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:44 pm

jimbo wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:32 pm
It does again raise the issue re Pinot’s durability. That’s 6 Dnf’s in 12 GTs for him.
Yea, he does seem tuned to too high a frequency.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:37 pm

Allaphillipe going backwards with an Ineos onslaught!

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:46 pm

Dream scenario for Ineos. Likely 1 and 2 on GC tonight with no Pinot attacking them from behind. Buchmann and Kruijswijk likely to ride conservatively tomorrow to maintain their position rather than risk it with a Hail Mary attack - Jumbo and Bora would take a top 5 alongside their stage wins and green jersey.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:48 pm

Crazy end to the stage today. Following from afar as I’m at work but lots of thoughts about it. Will share them later. Seems potentially a very unsatisfactory way to end it, but not sure what other options they had. No option other than stopping the stage obviously but installing a retrospective finish line that no one was racing towards leads to all sorts of unfairness.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:52 pm

jimbo wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:48 pm
Crazy end to the stage today. Following from afar as I’m at work but lots of thoughts about it. Will share them later. Seems potentially a very unsatisfactory way to end it, but not sure what other options they had. No option other than stopping the stage obviously but installing a retrospective finish line that no one was racing towards leads to all sorts of unfairness.
Especially when it comes to betting. My local Ladbrokes looking up the rules to confirm for me in writing the bad news for tomorrow...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:01 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:52 pm
jimbo wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:48 pm
Especially when it comes to betting. My local Ladbrokes looking up the rules to confirm for me in writing the bad news for tomorrow...
I guess bookies will have to act as per the official results, so accept the GC changes from today but refund any bets on the stage winner as that was neutralised.

I think everyone will make a case of being hard done to today - Bernal will feel he could have taken more time on the last climb, Other GC guys likely wouldn’t have let him go if they knew where the finish was going to be, Thomas will be infuriated at letting his teammate ride towards the win.

Ultimately there’s not much you can do if a landslide happens and blocks the road. I also don’t think there’s a satisfactory way of resolving the race results issue.