Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:19 pm

We’re 9/1 on bet 365
£10 on 👍

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Post by Jugs » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:25 pm

Let's av it!

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:28 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:33 am
In. Whatever the players in the shirts, I’ll be there for the shirts on the players.
This 1000000000%
Pfffft.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:46 pm

Wycombe selling tickets again tomorrow. I hope we get a large allocation and sell out
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:30 pm

Any single facet that's even remotely related to Bolton Wanderers won't see another red fecking cent of my brass until they utterly convince me as to just what the fecking Dickens is going on.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:01 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:30 pm
Any single facet that's even remotely related to Bolton Wanderers won't see another red fecking cent of my brass until they utterly convince me as to just what the fecking Dickens is going on.
Our money for the last two years has (probably) contributed to the Colombian economy while it's most famous export is snorted off the backs of hookers on a yacht, moored somewhere near Monaco. And you're worried where your hard earned is going now?!!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:07 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:01 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:30 pm
Our money for the last two years has (probably) contributed to the Colombian economy while it's most famous export is snorted off the backs of hookers on a yacht, moored somewhere near Monaco. And you're worried where your hard earned is going now?!!
Made me laugh that. I get where Bruce is coming from but I personally think FV are just businesspeople trying to save the club. I doubt they've got lots to stick in - so don't expect a meteoric rise - I have no idea what their plan is but can't see beyond them trying to stabilise things on and off the field and get us to a point where perhaps a richer backer might be interested.

The process is absolutely painful and they've certainly done themselves no favours at all - but if we survive the club gets my money because it needs it.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:28 am

So, I'm pretty much guessing here but the only reasonable train of thought I can apply to what's just happened goes like this.

FV offer current players 100% of monies owed and 20% + remainder over two years to released players.
Players tell FV to feck off and (possibly) threaten strike action starting with Saturday's game.
LV borrow the money to settle all player wages from the PFA, to be paid back to PFA over two years instead.

Sound about right?
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:33 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:28 am
So, I'm pretty much guessing here but the only reasonable train of thought I can apply to what's just happened goes like this.

FV offer current players 100% of monies owed and 20% + remainder over two years to released players.
Players tell FV to feck off and (possibly) threaten strike action starting with Saturday's game.
LV borrow the money to settle all player wages from the PFA, to be paid back to PFA over two years instead.

Sound about right?
There was no strike - players have said that - was a Nixon invention.

I think the rest pretty much is it. The story of a PFA loan to cover some football creditor payments surfaced a while ago. It was denied initially but seems like became an issue again after hotel was sorted.

One could be cynical and say FV were waiting till the EFL set a deadline in order to either force the departed players to take the settlement staggered deal or to force the PFA's hand into the loan deal - with the threat of liquidating the club otherwise.....

But I'm not sure it was anything more than this deal needing lots of upfront cash and FV trying to juggle what they have available. The hotel has definitely gone up in price from the start of this month.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:01 am

I've forgotten how to do a thread related to football - what do we do? What team does everyone think we'll put out? :D

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:29 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:01 am
I've forgotten how to do a thread related to football - what do we do? What team does everyone think we'll put out? :D
First names to lock down - for me, Clive - would be Wheater and O'Neil. Even if we only mutually agree six-monthers to January, their experience should be very valuable.

An LoV piece yesterday suggested we shouldn't re-hire a single player from last season, but that idea's pleasing brutality is now easily outweighed by its logistical impracticality; besides, under embargo, could we really find much better? While we all want a new start, we don't have to go full French Revolution. We didn't do that in 1996, and it worked out OK. I just want the best for my club, and at the minute I'm struggling to imagine better on-pitch leaders than Gaz and Big Dave.

After that it's a sliding scale. Brockbank, for sure. Hobbs is hanging around, and while he never really caught fire last year he seemed promising at times so again I'd rather have him than nowt. I don't think I've heard Andy Taylor's name mentioned in pre-season training, and considering he was a spokesman for the strike he may have decided not to bother, but then again he doesn't seem to have turned up anywhere else. Will Buckley is still training with us, which sadly makes me sigh. I would love to be proved wrong.

Other than that, we've not got much choice, but I hope Oztumer fulfils his potential. Seems to be scoring and creating in pre-season.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:38 am

I'm not sure I'd be keeping players who handed their notice in. Whilst I cannot blame them it isn't what we need now. Wantaways is absolutely not going to help. Let them go and build a squad who want to fight for the club. I fear its too late regardless but we need to see real effort - we can't afford skill or ability but I want to see 11 men roll their sleeves up every week and make it a scrap for the opposition even if they're better than we are. Obviously if we can add quality to then do it.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:43 am

I'm tempted to drive up for this one 8)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:44 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:38 am
I'm not sure I'd be keeping players who handed their notice in.
So you'd get rid of Oztumer, our only creative midfielder who scored 30 in his last two seasons at this level, and Magennis, our only senior forward and the only guy we've actually paid a transfer fee for since Filip Twardzik? Hmm.

Also, given there is (unconfirmed) talk that every contracted player bar Lowe handed in notices, what do you do about that?

Again: whoever's best for the team. Once payment is made, we should all move on. Grudges won't help either side.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:49 am

Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:44 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
So you'd get rid of Oztumer, our only creative midfielder who scored 30 in his last two seasons at this level, and Magennis, our only senior forward and the only guy we've actually paid a transfer fee for since Filip Twardzik? Hmm.

Also, given there is (unconfirmed) talk that every contracted player bar Lowe handed in notices, what do you do about that?

Again: whoever's best for the team. Once payment is made, we should all move on. Grudges won't help either side.
Practically speaking we may have no choice. But I don't blame anyone for wanting away - its just that - we need everyone in it together. And players who have got to the point of "not wanting to be here" probably won't feel like they belong to something. Its just my view.

Oztumer and Magennis have options elsewhere and are in dispute over leaving....do you really think when/if FV get this over the line they're going to be in the right frame of mind for a season of absolute graft - I can't see it. Regardless suspect they are within their rights to go once paid if they so choose.

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:59 am

I suppose if they have moves to other clubs lined up and want to leave we might ultimately have to be practical about it. But I wouldn't have a problem with any player who handed his notice in continuing to play for us post-takeover if they wanted to. It's not the same as a player handing in a transfer request, they were pretty extraordinary circumstances.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:01 am

Got my ticket's and happy to see any of last year's lot plus kids and short term deals.

COYW! :oyea:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:03 am

nicholaldo wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:59 am
I suppose if they have moves to other clubs lined up and want to leave we might ultimately have to be practical about it. But I wouldn't have a problem with any player who handed his notice in continuing to play for us post-takeover if they wanted to. It's not the same as a player handing in a transfer request, they were pretty extraordinary circumstances.
Its not that I'd be annoyed or anything its just we need a season of togetherness and battle. And everyone who is here must be prepared for that. Can't be carrying anyone at all.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:04 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:49 am
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:44 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Practically speaking we may have no choice. But I don't blame anyone for wanting away - its just that - we need everyone in it together. And players who have got to the point of "not wanting to be here" probably won't feel like they belong to something. Its just my view.

Oztumer and Magennis have options elsewhere and are in dispute over leaving....do you really think when/if FV get this over the line they're going to be in the right frame of mind for a season of absolute graft - I can't see it. Regardless suspect they are within their rights to go once paid if they so choose.
I don't blame anyone for wanting away either. But having had that refused by the admins (not the buyers or manager), Oztumer certainly seems in the right frame of mind given his output in pre-season - an unreliable gauge, I know, but better than guesswork.

Given he has continued to train (and score) I'd say he's in a better frame of mind than our other creative midfielders, especially as they don't exist. Unless he point-blank refuses - which would be weird if he's been paid - then get him in the team. If he then wants to leave, fine, but he's under contract so we get a fee.

To have any hope at all of staying up, we need to start as quickly as possible. No point writing off the first month, because the fixtures get harder thereafter, and we might be 20 points behind by then. I'm not party to training attitudes but given the restrictions we're under it seems daft to impose our own.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:06 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:03 am
nicholaldo wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:59 am
Its not that I'd be annoyed or anything its just we need a season of togetherness and battle. And everyone who is here must be prepared for that. Can't be carrying anyone at all.
On a transfer thread, this may have some (arguable) value. On a thread about a match this weekend, considerably less so.

I completely agree they all need to be rowing the boat together. But we also need the best players possible. OK, we could play Connor Hall (who couldn't get a start for Accrington) instead of Magennis. But who instead of Oztumer?