If Bolton Wanderers imploded tomorrow...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

If BWFC ceased to exist

Support another club (say who)
9%
Become a general football fan
12%
Wait for a new, spiritual successor club - a non-league start-up
39%
Take an active role in forming a spiritual successor
6%
Give up on football
27%
Other (specify)
6%

Total votes: 33

Branagan
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: If Bolton Wanderers imploded tomorrow...

Post by Branagan » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:52 am

Well this took a strange turn! :lol:

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:19 pm

I've thought about "what to do next?" and I reckon I'd start following Gibraltar's international games. Why ffs?? Well, they get to play regular international games with some huge teams in meaningful competition, with their current stadium hopefully being rebuilt into a purpose-built football stadium of high standard, games are only a few day a year so not too hard on the budget, and generally tickets for away games are easy to come by (not many Germany/Gibraltar, Italy/Gibraltar games are sold-out, especially the "away" end!!) and treat games like a holiday. I'm not an England fan, my family is basically Scottish but Scotland are so damned hopeless I reckon watching Gibraltar is about the same but with sunshine.

Note - I'm based in Bolton and not Gibraltar!!

Of course being retired means no issues getting time off or losing work; many of you simply can't get to England games even if you could get a ticket due to work commitments.

But back here the easiest option would be to follow Chorley, although I have soft spots for Fleetwood, Accrington and the mighty Queen Of The South, but none can offer glorious 25c sunshine in October. Apart from Fleetwood, obviously.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:32 pm

I'd probably take in a few city games on the box tbh.