Science, Experiment, and the failure of Reality.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Science, Experiment, and the failure of Reality.

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:35 pm

It once took me 7 hours to travel from M23 interchange to junction 10 (Leatherhead) on the fxcking M25...
We were heading home oop north, but cut our journey short and stayed in the refuge of a friend's house overnight because we couldn't face another fxcking minute in the backlog of cars crawling towards Heathrow.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:52 pm

I wager not many on here come close to the number of miles I've travelled on that much maligned stretch of road.

In the round, it's a decent means of getting from one place to another. Nowhere near as troubled as legend would have it.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:04 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:52 pm
I wager not many on here come close to the number of miles I've travelled on that much maligned stretch of road.

In the round, it's a decent means of getting from one place to another. Nowhere near as troubled as legend would have it.
But, but... But. You live on the unfashionable, remote, backward, uncivilised, deprived, dirt surfaced, south-eastern sector.
Nobody in their right minds ever travels down there. No wonder you can travel with donkey and trap and enjoy it, :wink:

Seriously though, the problem ain't the M25, it's the Gatwick/Heathrow/M4 traffic that causes all the problems.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:01 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:04 pm
Enoch wrote:

But, but... But. You live on the unfashionable, remote, backward, uncivilised, deprived, dirt surfaced, south-eastern sector.
Nobody in their right minds ever travels down there. No wonder you can travel with donkey and trap and enjoy it, :wink:

Seriously though, the problem ain't the M25, it's the Gatwick/Heathrow/M4 traffic that causes all the problems.
Place is overrun with northerners.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:26 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:01 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:04 pm
Enoch wrote:

Place is overrun with northerners.
Westerners.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:10 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:35 pm
It once took me 7 hours to travel from M23 interchange to junction 10 (Leatherhead) on the fxcking M25...
We were heading home oop north, but cut our journey short and stayed in the refuge of a friend's house overnight because we couldn't face another fxcking minute in the backlog of cars crawling towards Heathrow.
Perhaps you should have tried counterclockwise....
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:20 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:10 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Counterintuitive, but perhaps wise. M23 to M1 is shortest by a large margin clockwise, but on that day was the unwise choice.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:34 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:20 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Counterintuitive, but perhaps wise. M23 to M1 is shortest by a large margin clockwise, but on that day was the unwise choice.
Do you know that for sure?

When the river crossing f*cks up you might as well just pitch a tent.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:40 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:34 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

What I didn't know, before I did it, was that you have to pay in fxcking advance to cross the river!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:42 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:40 pm
Enoch wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

What I didn't know, before I did it, was that you have to pay in fxcking advance to cross the river!
Really!

To which river do you refer?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:46 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:42 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Really!

The Thames on the M25.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:50 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:46 pm
Enoch wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Really!

The Thames on the M25.
You need to pay by midnight the day after your crossing.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:32 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:50 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Really!

The Thames on the M25.
'They' told me I should have paid before. They informed me of this by post, when is was in Italy. It was a lovely surprise when I got back home two weeks later.
I've crossed over once since and did it online four months beforehand when, again, I drove to Italy via the big circuit around the Big Smoke. I didn't know there was a grace period otherwise I mighta used that route more often.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:38 pm

Enoch wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Spent far too much time sitting in traffic jams there on my way to and from my grans. Once broke down there with 3 poorly chickens in the back. AA man made me a priority because of my livestock issues.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:44 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:38 pm
Enoch wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Spent far too much time sitting in traffic jams there on my way to and from my grans. Once broke down there with 3 poorly chickens in the back. AA man made me a priority because of my livestock issues.
Ha! I was probably stuck in the havoc you wrought. Good job you couldn't hear what I was saying. :)

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:45 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:32 pm
Enoch wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Really!

The Thames on the M25.
'They' told me I should have paid before. They informed me of this by post, when is was in Italy. It was a lovely surprise when I got back home two weeks later.
I've crossed over once since and did it online four months beforehand when, again, I drove to Italy via the big circuit around the Big Smoke. I didn't know there was a grace period otherwise I mighta used that route more often.
Being an old fashioned kinda guy, I always pay at a retail outlet that offers the 'payzone' facility. A cash transaction that secures a paper receipt. Old habits and all that.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:48 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:45 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Really!

The Thames on the M25.
Being an old fashioned kinda guy, I always pay at a retail outlet that offers the 'payzone' facility. A cash transaction that secures a paper receipt. Old habits and all that.
I don't think these places exist in Derbyshire, otherwise that would be what I'd have done too. :D
I think we're on the right thread here: The Failure of Reality...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:52 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:44 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:38 pm
Enoch wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Ha! I was probably stuck in the havoc you wrought. Good job you couldn't hear what I was saying. :)
:D I managed to get the car to the service station just before the bridge.

Nowadays I dread driving it because of the small child in the back who does a running commentary on EVERY SINGLE vehicle that is not a car “ohhhh look, a lorry Mummy, and another one, did you see it Mummy? And a CAR TRANSPORTER!!!” Etc etc

:hang:

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:56 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:48 pm
Enoch wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
[quote="Lost Leopard Spot" post_id=1079498 time=1564749324 user_id=4530]

Really!

The Thames on the M25.
I don't think these places exist in Derbyshire, otherwise that would be what I'd have done too. :D
[/quote]

Get yourself a Dart Charge account set up. Payments are debited from your bank account the day after crossing. Hassle free!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:39 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:48 pm
Enoch wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Really!

The Thames on the M25.
There's a payzone facility at Matlock Phones. Crown Square, Matlock. One at Two Dales News, Station Road, Darley Dale and another at the quintessentially named Arkwright Stores, Market Place, Cromford.

Happy to help. :D

...and as for that DartTag nonsense. Share my account details with some bunch of Froggy venture capitalists? I'd rather hammer me knob flat.