Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:35 am

I don't get the current hold up. If they're as close as people were suggesting over the last two weeks, there should only be immaterial bits left which are usually "fudgeable". The fact they appear unable to do this suggests the unresolved bits are material. I'm nearly at Sid James on the farce scale...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:43 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:35 am
I don't get the current hold up. If they're as close as people were suggesting over the last two weeks, there should only be immaterial bits left which are usually "fudgeable". The fact they appear unable to do this suggests the unresolved bits are material. I'm nearly at Sid James on the farce scale...
It worries me that if what I’ve heard is true that given FVs inability to manage a takeover efficiently and the cock ups they’ve made how on earth they can run a football club? Forget money basic competence is the first piece of the jigsaw.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:49 am

Especially when those 'apparently' ITK were saying that its done on Thurs evening, and would be signed Friday morning, actually being fed information by the administrator himself. How can Paul Appleton feed information saying its done & will be signed on Friday AM to the JME guy on twitter & Marc Iles to use when its clearly not when he should be the person closer to the facts than anyone.

Same guy (JME on twitter) who said that it was done on Thurs evening is now saying this morning 'current position as of 15mins ago, contract still not agreed but very close. EFL relaxed on completion as long as game goes ahead today'

Worthy is correct its farcical, is the administrator feeding these people with a pack of lies to try & appease the supporters who are very worried ?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:52 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:43 am
Worthy4England wrote:
It worries me that if what I’ve heard is true that given FVs inability to manage a takeover efficiently and the cock ups they’ve made how on earth they can run a football club? Forget money basic competence is the first piece of the jigsaw.
Job 1 is still, in my mind, have a club to run, so I'm not trying to get ahead if that, even if it only buys time. My concern is if they're staging asset payments and player payments, large portions of the assets are still secured outside of the Club, which leaves us pretty much in the same state as we were..

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:53 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:52 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:43 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Job 1 is still, in my mind, have a club to run, so I'm not trying to get ahead if that, even if it only buys time. My concern is if they're staging asset payments and player payments, large portions of the assets are still secured outside of the Club, which leaves us pretty much in the same state as we were..
Forget the money. Do they have the nouse? I’m seriously worried about that.

Saving club priority. As you say.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:54 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:49 am
Especially when those 'apparently' ITK were saying that its done on Thurs evening, and would be signed Friday morning, actually being fed information by the administrator himself. How can Paul Appleton feed information saying its done & will be signed on Friday AM to the JME guy on twitter & Marc Iles to use when its clearly not when he should be the person closer to the facts than anyone.

Same guy (JME on twitter) who said that it was done on Thurs evening is now saying this morning 'current position as of 15mins ago, contract still not agreed but very close. EFL relaxed on completion as long as game goes ahead today'

Worthy is correct its farcical, is the administrator feeding these people with a pack of lies to try & appease the supporters who are very worried ?
It’s not lies. It’s just incredibly complex. And half the deal our admins have no control over. I think that’s the part that has the issue.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:59 am

But my point is how can the main administrator Paul Appleton feed the likes of this JME & Iles, to say to the fans that everything is sorted, will be signed on Friday morning when it clearly wasn't. Is Paul Appleton not the man co ordinating the sale, surely if the contracts are agreed just need signatures etc. then that should be the case - or are you saying that the main administrator doesn't actually know what's going on with FV ?

You say its complex, yet on Thursday we were led to believe (via Paul Appleton) that everything was agreed, so either it was or it wasn't - it is farcical.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:03 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:59 am
But my point is how can the main administrator Paul Appleton feed the likes of this JME & Iles, to say to the fans that everything is sorted, will be signed on Friday morning when it clearly wasn't. Is Paul Appleton not the man co ordinating the sale, surely if the contracts are agreed just need signatures etc. then that should be the case - or are you saying that the main administrator doesn't actually know what's going on with FV ?

You say its complex, yet on Thursday we were led to believe (via Paul Appleton) that everything was agreed, so either it was or it wasn't - it is farcical.
What I’m saying is that let’s say club deal ready. And Appleton told by Quantuma and FV that hotel side is sorted. So he tries to give update to the fans to say it will all be done in the morning then is told by FV there is an issue with hotel deal they’ve not resolved...

It’s not malicious or anything. Possibly just incompetence. But yes it needs to be sorted and fast.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:05 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:

JME allegedly works for Cowgills (one of the sets of solicitors involved, I think I read somewhere). I don't think there''s much doubt that Appleton' s team are "leaking", I don't think they're trying to be deliberately misleading and they're not responsible for hotel, so when people are saying "done today" with some conviction, it's based on those leaks...

Woman from EFL was on the record Weds/Thurs as saying nearly there. She probably has some notion and doesn't appear to be worried as we've seen from different approaches to us and Bury. I'm taking some comfort in that, but not sure I should.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:08 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:05 am
Bertie Wooster wrote:

JME allegedly works for Cowgills (one of the sets of solicitors involved, I think I read somewhere). I don't think there''s much doubt that Appleton' s team are "leaking", I don't think they're trying to be deliberately misleading and they're not responsible for hotel, so when people are saying "done today" with some conviction, it's based on those leaks...

Woman from EFL was on the record Weds/Thurs as saying nearly there. She probably has some notion and doesn't appear to be worried as we've seen from different approaches to us and Bury. I'm taking some comfort in that, but not sure I should.
The EFL wouldn’t allow the game to go ahead without assurances that takeover will be done for same reason they have postponed Burys. They need to be sure we can survive season financially and only way is with takeover.

So there is some comfort there. But means not much till it is actually done.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:16 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:

The admin for club and hotel are different. I don't think there's a shit load of comms between Appleton and Quantuma(from what Quantuma said) . So wouldn't expect him to be anywhere near as close to hotel as club...

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:18 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:03 am
Bertie Wooster wrote:

What I’m saying is that let’s say club deal ready. And Appleton told by Quantuma and FV that hotel side is sorted. So he tries to give update to the fans to say it will all be done in the morning then is told by FV there is an issue with hotel deal they’ve not resolved...

It’s not malicious or anything. Possibly just incompetence. But yes it needs to be sorted and fast.
I agree that its not malicious, but it is certainly incompetence on the part of Appleton and / or FV.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:34 am

Fecking Arsenal fan, innit.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:34 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:20 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:01 pm
Yeeesh. Bury off next week as well. They look fecked. Think it's back to finishing above 3 others.
I can't see them getting through this now. That's two league games (& presumably carabao cup too?).

A 23 team division and just 3 relegation spaces?
Their Chairman's released a couple of statements this week absolutely slating the EFL.
HMRC's winding up order was thrown out in under 30 seconds earlier this week and he's saying that the only thing holding them back now is the EFL. He's not a happy chap.

EDIT: This is tonight's statement from him.

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2019/augu ... I4.twitter
It would help his cause with me if he could distinguish his theirs from his theres. So their.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:14 pm

Does Sid James top trump Kenneth Williams?
No, don't answer, just realised he's one of the hotel's secured creditors :lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:17 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:14 pm

No one top trumps Brian Rix.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:21 pm

Enoch wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:17 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:14 pm

No one top trumps Brian Rix.
True.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:39 pm

From Marc Iles matchday live...

Well, since Thursday the official line from administrators and club was that the takeover was set to be completed. I am told one of the creditors asked for a change in a legal document late last night, which has (once again) caused an issue.

I have been told on half a dozen occasions now that the takeover will be completed "tomorrow" or that it's "imminent" from various people in the deal - and not just from the PR camp, who may have a vested interest in keeping a lid on the mania.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:39 pm

Well, since Thursday the official line from administrators and club was that the takeover was set to be completed. I am told one of the creditors asked for a change in a legal document late last night, which has (once again) caused an issue.

I have been told on half a dozen occasions now that the takeover will be completed "tomorrow" or that it's "imminent" from various people in the deal - and not just from the PR camp, who may have a vested interest in keeping a lid on the mania.
That'll be Michael James then...

But, however, Iles also reported some scrambled Bollox about a five month PFA loan being repaid.

He also pointed out that the wages being paid was only partial truth - the amount paid was nowhere near the full amount.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:47 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:43 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:39 pm

That'll be Michael James then...

But, however, Iles also reported some scrambled Bollox about a five month PFA loan being repaid.

He also pointed out that the wages being paid was only partial truth - the amount paid was nowhere near the full amount.
He posted the truth about wages. Admins paid them minus the wages individuals had loaned from PFA. Their reasoning was that in short term players would have all they owed and the loans that they had to be repaid to PFA would be settled following takeover.