Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:18 pm

Great game yesterday. Glad I made the effort to go. I've tried to devolve myself from the sale of the club and the will they/ won't they ownership issues. I just want it done

I knew the result was irrelevant yesterday but we could possibly have snuck a draw.

Anyway what I want to say is the fans yesterday were the best I've heard and seen for a long time. The players and fans of Wycombe were left in no doubt of our loyalties and support (and in the case of Anderson Josh Megennis and the EFL our severe dislike)! The abuse of Akinfenwe was very funny (he thought so too) and the cheering of our team of strangers before during and after the game gave it a 'nothing to play for' end of season type vibe. Wycombe were terrific hosts. Their manager and most of their team came and applauded at the end which gave me great pride that they appreciated the support we gave our club.

Immensely proud of us today. We are Bolton Wanderers and we will still be here tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow..

Good to catch up with a couple of TW stalwarts too yesterday. Sorry I missed you DSB but I'm certain there'll be another opportunity.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Chairboys v Choirboys; the Wanderers against some Wanderers. Wycombe (a). Sat 3 August - 3pm

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:38 pm

To be fit to the EFL they were pretty accommodating with us yesterday.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:25 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:38 pm
To be fit to the EFL they were pretty accommodating with us yesterday.
One might argue that their issue has been being too accommodating of poor owners and letting clubs suffer instead of tackling issues. Their powers are self limited which is certainly something they should look at.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:11 pm

Atmosphere was incredible. Felt like the final game of the season, not the first. And absolutely booming.

Fair feck* to every one of them, played their hearts out until the second goal after which we understandably looked ragged.

Senior players of varying contribution. Thought Lowe was excellent, must be skipper permanently. Murphy tried hard but anonymous. Matthews made a really poor error but then some great saves afterwards. Oztumer the more I see the more convinced I am he just isn't good enough. Everything is a no look flick around the corner. If it comes off you look like you've got skillz but we needed maturity on the ball on Sat and he's not got it.

Of the kids, all gave their all, absolutely no criticism but some looked out of their depth a bit. Thought Zouma had a stormer, relished the battle with Akinfenwa and will be interested to see if he can sustain it. Politic looked a threat and will surely be in the first team "squad". Brockbank also looked assured (though I'm not convinced he's a right back). Thought Edwards did ok too. Hopeful there's enough there can contribute over the season but only 2 or 3 ready to be semi-regulars.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.