Josh Magennis

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: Josh Magennis

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:26 pm

He's been treated pretty shabbily , ike all of the first team. I wish he'd been there today but I fully understand why he wasn't.

Hopefully someone will come in with a financial offer for him
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:32 pm

He is everything that's wrong with modern day football

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:35 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:26 pm
He's been treated pretty shabbily , ike all of the first team. I wish he'd been there today but I fully understand why he wasn't.

Hopefully someone will come in with a financial offer for him
Could of become a hero
Mans been paid, get out on the pitch you c*nt

I didn’t agree with the strike but I understand why the majority on here did/sympathised.

This shithousery though, narr. Sympathising or even agreeing with hims wrong. This isn’t a 9-5 in some office, it’s playing football for a living - Josh has the opportunity tens of thousands would kill for, and he decides to let some 18 year old 11 stone kid take the hits today instead? Let his colleagues and the supporters down. Get to feck.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:46 pm

He's a mercenary, he has no interest or affiliation with BWFC or the supporters or the town he's contracted to play for. The man (and I use that very loosely) is an utter ballbag.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:55 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:46 pm
He's a mercenary, he has no interest or affiliation with BWFC or the supporters or the town he's contracted to play for. The man (and I use that very loosely) is an utter ballbag.
How many players really give a toss about their employers? They've not got the emotional attachment to the club we've all got.

Ameobi and Olkowski didn't play for us today. As far as I can tell, their situation was no different than Magennis's. It's great that most have overlooked or forgiven their shit treatment by our club and played today. Several didn't though and after 5 months of broken promises, why should they?!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:46 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:55 pm
Several didn't though and after 5 months of broken promises, why should they?!
And there Harry lies the real focus of it all. If the time were less, a lot of views could be easier agreed with, but a professional footballer is just a mercenary without a gun and goes where the music is sweetest with no thought or worry of who the piper is. None of them (or at least a very few) even come from the region they play in (far worse in the case of the top leagues) and coin has ruined the game beyond repair in most of our lifetimes but is all that matters. Magennis hurts us particularly because we support Bolton, but to him (and the rest) we're just another employer paying a wage (or not as in the present case.) That he could have held on for a short while longer is beyond argument and his actions will alienate him forever with the Bolton faithful, but he's shop-floor and the problems are, and have been for a long time, all boardroom level amongst the heartless money grabbers to whom (note!) football is just a title.

Apropos of nowt, Jesus didn't throw the money lenders out of the temple for tresspassing or because he was jealous of their money, he did it to prove a point of priorities and respect. Two thousand years later that fact is still highly ignored where money is involved.

Amen. ae:)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:16 am

I don't understand why Magennis thinks it is a good idea to do this. Yes, he is risking injury, but he can put himself in the shop window, and also show that he is a good professional with a good attitude. Let's face it those qualities are quite important for Magennis' CV because he isn't a particularly talented footballer.

He could have a deal lined up I guess, I certainly hope so, because he has really damaged whatever goodwill there was here, and I don't think he has the ability to lead us anywhere even at this level. He wouldn't score enough goals to keep us up, I would rather take our chances with any other striker we might get. Charlton certainly seemed to benefit when he left there and was replaced by Lyle Taylor.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:08 am

My memory ain't so good but I'm inclined to think this is the most depressing thread I've seen on this board.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:07 am

Enoch wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:08 am
My memory ain't so good but I'm inclined to think this is the most depressing thread I've seen on this board.
I think the opposite - this thread is the start of everyone coming together for the new season - the siege mentality begins - we know what we are up against and standing shoulder to shoulder with our young players is the only way we are going to get through what is going to be a very tough year.
It is what it is - and I'm really excited to see a team of young men giving it all for the shirt
Sod Magennis - he was always a useless stump - his goal scoring record speaks for itself
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:00 am

Enoch wrote:
Pop over to the cricket thread in a few weeks time Enoch!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:33 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:00 am
Enoch wrote:
Pop over to the cricket thread in a few weeks time Enoch!
Not you as well, Harry!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:06 am

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... -magennis/

Thought I'd wait and see on this one but sounds like a last minute tantrum and let down, which is unforgivable. Bridges burnt as far as I'm concerned.
Unlike Parky to publicly criticise.
Wonder if he's regretting not being part of it?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:12 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:06 am
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1 ... -magennis/

Thought I'd wait and see on this one but sounds like a last minute tantrum and let down, which is unforgivable. Bridges burnt as far as I'm concerned.
Unlike Parky to publicly criticise.
Wonder if he's regretting not being part of it?
Surprised police haven't advised him to stay away like they did with Anderson...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:18 am

The only thing unique about Magennis is that he didn't bother turning up on Saturday and let a kid face up to the music in his place.

No players are happy. Most if not all want away. But they all managed to get on the bus and turn up.

Magennis is finished at this club now - no way back. Sell him and move on.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:22 am

A public apology and a hat trick might be the only way to see him back on the bench.
I think the team will have no respect for him which will be harder to win back than from us fickle fans.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:24 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:18 am
The only thing unique about Magennis is that he didn't bother turning up on Saturday and let a kid face up to the music in his place.

No players are happy. Most if not all want away. But they all managed to get on the bus and turn up.

Magennis is finished at this club now - no way back. Sell him and move on.
Which might be exactly what he was trying to engineer. Just hope we hold out long enough to try and recoup some transfer fee.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:48 am

No way back from here I don't think. Not sure if I'd play him even if he made himself available as we need the fans to stay united behind the team.

Just such a shame Connor Hall got injured, would've been his big chance in a division he's had minutes in. Heard he was in one of those space boots so sounds like weeks at least.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.