Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:19 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:49 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:47 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:41 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:30 am
I think that this 'Due to very recent developments' ticket sale delay club statement this morning, is to do with them getting ready to announce the takeover today.

It may well be wishful thinking on my part, but I cant see it being down to FV lowering the matchday pricing due to some fans & the ST being unhappy, that's a very early sign of weakness on behalf of FV, fans shouldn't dictate the pricing strategy - the fans are entitled to be unhappy & fans either pay it or they don't, they have a choice don't they. As its shown in recent seasons lowering the matchday ticket price doesn't really add many to the attendance unless we are towards the top of the league.
I admire your optimism. I think it might be more likely that FV are retrenching.
The much circulated Twitter responses from the Boohoo people need to be taken into account here.
Boohoo have just bought (yesterday) Karen Millen and Coast for £18.2 million in a prepack deal.
The Administrators of Karen Millen, Deloitte confirmed that as part of the deal with immediate effect 62 head office employees at Karen Millen would be made redundant. These are 'business people', if their spreadsheets add up they'll buy stuff... The wide-eyed innocents should not be reassured that Boohoo are not interested in the club - they aren't: they may well be bloody interested in the hotel however...
Afternoon Al.... :wink:
As you know, that actually is my name... :lol:
In fairness your namesake insists Boohoo want the club...probably one of the more ridiculous things I've heard.
To be fair I've heard much more ridiculous things in my lifetime, including Richard Branson announcing sales of tickets to outer space: didn't stop anybody buying them however.
There are at least three companies who will deep freeze your body (or just your head, on the cheap) with the expectation that they will revive you in the future... :laugh: And people spend fortunes on that shit. So I take your "more ridiculous things" with a hefty pinch of 'really?' I mean, who would ever believe you could commercially map the entire human genome. Ridiculous!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:09 pm

Anyone wanna buy London Bridge? I have one spare...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:14 pm

Been sat quietly watching all this going on so now my tu'pence worth.

The "interested" purchasers, because that's all I'll call them until the moneys on the table and the dotted line signed, seem to me to be trying to get the club as cheap as possible and I mean all the club and its asserts.Good move I'd guess from a business point of view but while the current fiasco runs on more and more damage is being done to the core image and nothing short of a quick hike up the league is going to cure that. Now as a fan that's what I find most worrying because tbh I don't think there is any real plan in place to advance the club once purchased, hope I'm wrong but the league ain't helping much either, any new owner needs deep pockets and when folk seem to be arguing over a relatively small amounts, deep pockets they ain't got.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:46 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:09 pm
I know where it is. Strangely enough somebody ACTUALLY bought it. The fact that he thought he was buying Tower Bridge is neither here nor there....
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:56 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:49 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:47 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:41 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:30 am
I think that this 'Due to very recent developments' ticket sale delay club statement this morning, is to do with them getting ready to announce the takeover today.

It may well be wishful thinking on my part, but I cant see it being down to FV lowering the matchday pricing due to some fans & the ST being unhappy, that's a very early sign of weakness on behalf of FV, fans shouldn't dictate the pricing strategy - the fans are entitled to be unhappy & fans either pay it or they don't, they have a choice don't they. As its shown in recent seasons lowering the matchday ticket price doesn't really add many to the attendance unless we are towards the top of the league.
I admire your optimism. I think it might be more likely that FV are retrenching.
The much circulated Twitter responses from the Boohoo people need to be taken into account here.
Boohoo have just bought (yesterday) Karen Millen and Coast for £18.2 million in a prepack deal.
The Administrators of Karen Millen, Deloitte confirmed that as part of the deal with immediate effect 62 head office employees at Karen Millen would be made redundant. These are 'business people', if their spreadsheets add up they'll buy stuff... The wide-eyed innocents should not be reassured that Boohoo are not interested in the club - they aren't: they may well be bloody interested in the hotel however...
Afternoon Al.... :wink:
As you know, that actually is my name... :lol:
I'm Alan, and so's my wife!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:11 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:46 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
I know where it is. Strangely enough somebody ACTUALLY bought it. The fact that he thought he was buying Tower Bridge is neither here nor there....
Yup is why I used London Bridge ;-)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:22 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:11 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:46 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Yup is why I used London Bridge ;-)
I was reinforcing your point... :)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:38 pm

This delay could mean something else? Maybe the game will go ahead but, behind closed doors. Something isn't quite right here. How long do they need to reprint tickets with a different price.

Have the club paid all of their bills? if not, maybe the only way they can play this game is without the need of Police, Stewards and other match day workers.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:04 pm

Athertonian wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:38 pm
This delay could mean something else? Maybe the game will go ahead but, behind closed doors. Something isn't quite right here. How long do they need to reprint tickets with a different price.

Have the club paid all of their bills? if not, maybe the only way they can play this game is without the need of Police, Stewards and other match day workers.
Well, a few things.
Why would 'they' need to reprint anything? The barcode is what counts not the printed price. If it says £24 on the ticket and you buy it for £14, why the fxck do you need to print one that has £14 on it????
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:19 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:04 pm
Athertonian wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:38 pm

Well, a few things.
Why would 'they' need to reprint anything? The barcode is what counts not the printed price. If it says £24 on the ticket and you buy it for £14, why the fxck do you need to print one that has £14 on it????

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:20 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:07 am
I'm getting seriously irked at the whole situation, Marc Iles can fecking do one.

F.V. are trying their best to get the club and run it whilst not owning it. The game is going ahead. They have worked out the price of what it's going to cost and wish to recover these costs. Why is it Bolton fans think the club owes them something? We cannot afford to run at a loss, these people do not realise how close this club is to collapse and yet still they want to watch for feck all. "Twenty is plenty"? Is is feck. Look at the average price for League One. Tiers are in place to ensure that they get an average of over "Twenty".

What's the next excuse? I'm not going whilst Parky is in charge. The stewards are bullies, the seats are wet, It's too cold.

What was the noise when Luca Connel went to Celtic for an extremely low price?

People want players in and a new manager. Guess what, this all costs money. If you aren't willing to stump up the cash then don't complain about the team when we have to sign Conference level players.
This. I wanted to type out a longer message about supporting your team but some of our fans seemed to have taken a leaf out of typically bigger clubs fans book. Weird. The club needs to survive, fo that it needs money, it can't operate on the promise that an extra 2-3k might turn up if the price were 15-20 quid a ticket
Pfffft.

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:25 pm

If that's the case where bar codes are then there should be no delay. As stated, something doesn't add up.

The club may well have something to announce like the take over is complete and we can now offer season tickets or, the game will go ahead as stated but played behind closed doors, then there's no need to pay police/stewards etc. Were only at the guessing stage.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:27 pm

Athertonian wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:25 pm
If that's the case where bar codes are then there should be no delay. As stated, something doesn't add up.

The club may well have something to announce like the take over is complete and we can now offer season tickets or, the game will go ahead as stated but played behind closed doors, then there's no need to pay police/stewards etc. Were only at the guessing stage.
What doesn't add up is Football Venture's business plan and proposed financing. Those are the things that haven't added up for months now.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:29 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:20 pm

The club needs to survive, fo that it needs money, it can't operate on the promise that an extra 2-3k might turn up if the price were 15-20 quid a ticket
Point taken TKIZ but if we don't get the sale resolved very soon we won't need money because we'll have no club. Looks less like speculate to accumulate and more like "Flog it" right now.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:31 pm

We all know their plans don't add up.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:39 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:29 pm
TKIZ! wrote:

The club needs to survive, fo that it needs money, it can't operate on the promise that an extra 2-3k might turn up if the price were 15-20 quid a ticket
Point taken TKIZ but if we don't get the sale resolved very soon we won't need money because we'll have no club. Looks less like speculate to accumulate and more like "Flog it" right now.
True, my point was more aimed at those fans who have consistently complained throughout this entire saga (and it is a saga that would put Homer's Odyssey to shame). They won't come if Parky's manager, they won't come if it's too pricey, they won't come if the strips rubbish etc. The club has never needed our support as much as it does right now. It's blind faith but that's why we're on a Bolton forum talking about the finer points on our love of the club (from every angle)
Pfffft.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:50 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:39 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:

True, my point was more aimed at those fans who have consistently complained throughout this entire saga (and it is a saga that would put Homer's Odyssey to shame). They won't come if Parky's manager, they won't come if it's too pricey, they won't come if the strips rubbish etc. The club has never needed our support as much as it does right now. It's blind faith but that's why we're on a Bolton forum talking about the finer points on our love of the club (from every angle)
True and same goes for FV. They are our only chance of existence right now. We should all be praying they find a way through.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:10 pm

Athertonian wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:31 pm
We all know their plans don't add up.
All of us? There are still people out there who still don't get it. And some of those include not just a number of our own supporters but also the likes of Paul Appleton and Debbie Jevans.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:13 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:50 pm
TKIZ! wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:

True and same goes for FV. They are our only chance of existence right now. We should all be praying they find a way through.
Right now, given the chance, I'd sell us to bleeding Bassini for 50p, and I was one of the first to slag him off.
Bassini is a fxcking Business Genius compared to the FV tosspots.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:13 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:13 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:50 pm
TKIZ! wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:

Right now, given the chance, I'd sell us to bleeding Bassini for 50p, and I was one of the first to slag him off.
Bassini is a fxcking Business Genius compared to the FV tosspots.
Absolute nonsense. Sorry but it is.