Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by nelson66 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:51 pm

Bolton Wanderers - a not rich enough mans plaything
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:17 pm

Just as a random question: Just how much would the club and grounds raise as real estate to property developers if, by some strange unthinkable coincidence, it all folded into non-existence? Since everybody connected with the sale etc, every single person of them, are entrepreneurs and not football lovers and all fighting over Pound signs whilst we as a club have only a Sunday League side left for the purpose of football. We could of course, possibly field a team of hedge fund managers and accountants who once studied sports science economics at university, but that's going beyond the pale.....I think....anyway, back to the question.....What is the attraction in owning Bolton Wanderers ?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:22 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:17 pm
Just as a random question: Just how much would the club and grounds raise as real estate to property developers if, by some strange unthinkable coincidence, it all folded into non-existence? Since everybody connected with the sale etc, every single person of them, are entrepreneurs and not football lovers and all fighting over Pound signs whilst we as a club have only a Sunday League side left for the purpose of football. We could of course, possibly field a team of hedge fund managers and accountants who once studied sports science economics at university, but that's going beyond the pale.....I think....anyway, back to the question.....What is the attraction in owning Bolton Wanderers ?

For what it's worth, I think EDT and Michael James are desperate for the club to survive.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:47 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:20 pm
Let's face it, at the end of the day. none of us have the first bit of a clue as to what it is that's actually going on
Ah! A voice of reason.

Great fun speculating though, innit?

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:49 am

So everyone, after yesterday’s surprises, what’s today going to bring?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:27 am

jimbo wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:49 am
Tap dancing unicorns and a hand-job off Penelope Cruz please.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:43 am

jimbo wrote:
More shite and depressing news probably.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:49 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:43 am
jimbo wrote:
More shite and depressing news probably.
There’s nothing depressing about a guy who loves the club and the fans trying to valiantly save it from the jaws of imminent takeover is there? I think today Lozzer might declare tomorrow a fan’s day and encourage everyone to turn up for free.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:07 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:27 am
jimbo wrote:
Well this is the first surprise. He negotiates for Penelope Cruz as part of the deal and ONLY requests a hand job!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:30 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:07 am
Gary the Enfield wrote:
jimbo wrote:
Well this is the first surprise. He negotiates for Penelope Cruz as part of the deal and ONLY requests a hand job!
And needs performing mythical animals present, presumably to 'get him over the line'.
Sick bastard.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:07 pm

The fans need to send a clear 'collective' loud message to Mr Bassini tomorrow that he's not wanted, and if anyone actually see's him (if he turns up ?) they should tell him to 'do one' in no uncertain terms.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:19 pm

But what if, by then, the Kamanis have bought the hotel, announced they have no intention of buying the club, and FV have dropped out?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:26 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:19 pm
But what if, by then, the Kamanis have bought the hotel, announced they have no intention of buying the club, and FV have dropped out?
Then enjoy your last ever match at the Reebok I guess.......

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:30 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:30 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:07 am
Gary the Enfield wrote:
jimbo wrote:
And needs performing mythical animals present, presumably to 'get him over the line'.
Sick bastard.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:01 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:51 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:08 pm
I must say I'm slightly skeptical on Aldridge's statement that this happened "just as the deal was about to be completed"
Appleton... I think he's an overpaid lying wanker.
This ^^^^^° a million times.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:04 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:22 pm
Remember when Bassini asked the EFL for 48 hours to prove he had the funds to run the club? Remember when he didn't do it?

As for the 'written agreement' from Anderson, see the first part of this post. He signed a heads of agreement as we've found out with FV that means nothing until you can prove you have the funds
He actually signed a Sales & Purchase Agreement with Anderson.
And the nonsense with the EFL is pretty much the same nonsense Dale is going through with Bury right now...
There is a very enlightened series of tweets by somebody called Hezxze which shows the full history of Bassini and his attempt to buy us. It's worth a read. I'll and post a link, if I can...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:09 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:42 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:27 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:19 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:16 pm
I don't think it will last weeks, and if it does we are f*cked (sideways, along with Bury, out of the league).

He's got an ex parte injunction (I.e. he got it without anyone there to oppose it). They're an "emergency" injunction given to "hold the ring" (i.e. keep things the same for a short while) until there can be a proper hearing. Because the other side aren't there, his lawyers are obliged to give "full and Frank" disclosure which should include how the club is f*cked if this injunction happens. They're thick or bent, or the judge is a coward.

From what I understand, he's suing KA because he should've been able to buy the club back in April or whenever. Not the admins, Ken. That's a fantasy at this point. When you get one of these injunctions you're usually looking at 14 days max to get back in court with all parties represented. I'd be surprised if this wasn't back in next week.

I will eat Paddy Ashdown's hat, and then Geoffrey Boycott's hat if it gets upheld at the rehearing. He wants to enforce the sake of the club from 4 months ago before it went into admin, in a case that would take months and almost certainly see the end of the club. Even if, *even if*, the mad bastard is right about his agreement with Ken back in march, there's no way he's getting control of the club. He needs to sue Ken.

So to;dr, it'll get kicked out next week. By which time Quantana will have decided on the hotel. If FV get it, we'll get taken over but with an extra points deduction for the Coventry have which won't happen. If they don't get it, we're fecked. So cheers Lawrence, best case an extra 3 down and even more certain relegation.
Hate to tell you this Pru...we haven’t got till next week. Can they get rid of this tomorrow? It’s that serious.

Why haven't we got until next week?
Nothing in the pot. Games cancelled, further penalties. FV were at end of tether hence huge push to get it done this week and the threat of game not taking place was forcing others into action it seems. I don’t think they will stick around for very long anymore.

And if they walk the only thing that can happen is either the Eddie Davies trust fund the club till a new buyer can be found or the admins push the liquidation button as they did at Coventry.

They are not going to keep putting money in if there is legal uncertainty. We are on the brink now.
FV at the end of their tether? Are you on pills? It's FV putting everybody else on the end of their tethers...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:09 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
About £6 million for the real estate, all of it. About £half a million for the 'golden share'.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:12 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:04 pm
TKIZ! wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:22 pm
Remember when Bassini asked the EFL for 48 hours to prove he had the funds to run the club? Remember when he didn't do it?

As for the 'written agreement' from Anderson, see the first part of this post. He signed a heads of agreement as we've found out with FV that means nothing until you can prove you have the funds
He actually signed a Sales & Purchase Agreement with Anderson.
And the nonsense with the EFL is pretty much the same nonsense Dale is going through with Bury right now...
There is a very enlightened series of tweets by somebody called Hezxze which shows the full history of Bassini and his attempt to buy us. It's worth a read. I'll and post a link, if I can...
He could not prove funds to the EFL. That is a bit more than "nonsense" - change of control process requires the EFL to be satisfied that appropriate funding is in place and also the source of said funding to be adequately accounted for.

Bassini didn't do this at any stage. What is in the contract with Anderson is of course different - whether a time limit on EFL approval was included. However the end result at best for Bassini will be a case against ICI/Anderson. Of course in the meantime it causes us a headache due to the delay.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:13 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:09 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
About £6 million for the real estate, all of it. About £half a million for the 'golden share'.
Can you explain why the golden share has any value at all in a liquidation?