The athletics/running thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The athletics/running thread

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:55 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:54 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:32 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:01 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:13 pm
Prufrock wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:45 am
It's "Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness". Basically, when you go to the gym/run etc and it doesn't hurt the day after but does the day after that.

You'll normally hear it discussed by people who take those see-through protein shake bottles everywhere with them.
:lol:

Poor form on the part of LE for him not having chinned the c*nt. Comes out with that shit AND has a man-bun? Asking for it. :)

There should have been a cermonial cutting off of the man bun and it then presented to LE!
Reckon you’re all a bit jealous that he can grow enough hair for a man bun...
I could grow mine...if I wanted to! :wink:
Where though?

(No. Don't answer that... )
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:58 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:55 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
It's "Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness". Basically, when you go to the gym/run etc and it doesn't hurt the day after but does the day after that.

You'll normally hear it discussed by people who take those see-through protein shake bottles everywhere with them.

Poor form on the part of LE for him not having chinned the c*nt. Comes out with that shit AND has a man-bun? Asking for it. :)

There should have been a cermonial cutting off of the man bun and it then presented to LE!
Where though?

One growing from the top of my ear was genuinely the longest, the last time I had a haircut! :oops:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:19 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:58 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:55 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

Where though?

One growing from the top of my ear was genuinely the longest, the last time I had a haircut! :oops:
I fxcking hate it (but also hope they don't forget to ask) everytime in the barbers when they say "and how about the eyebrows, sir?"..
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:26 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:19 pm
I fxcking hate it (but also hope they don't forget to ask) everytime in the barbers when they say "and how about the eyebrows, sir?"..[/quote]

Having grown up with a barber who asked "Short back and front "a dash of bay rum and "a little something for the weekend sir?" that made me laugh. Eyebrows indeed... :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:35 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:26 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
I fxcking hate it (but also hope they don't forget to ask) everytime in the barbers when they say "and how about the eyebrows, sir?"..
Having grown up with a barber who asked "Short back and front "a dash of bay rum and "a little something for the weekend sir?" that made me laugh. Eyebrows indeed... :lol:
Had mine cut on Friday. As she was finishing, the girl who does it asked if I'd like "Anything on top"? "Yes, several more active follicles" :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:41 pm

I can, quite truthfully boast to having my hair savaged several times by the famous pedal-pushing "Neville" of Halliwell Road (and later Church Road or Heaton or somewhere) in times gone by, whose portrait was in Bolton Art Gallery. :wink:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:53 pm

I'm one of those chaps that has a full, luxuriant head of hair which shows no sign of thinning.

The old fella, about to turn 96, also still has a mop. He's lost far more marbles than follicles.

For some reason I haven't developed Denis Healey eyebrows nor grown bushes in my ears.

I do though spend a fortune on shampoo. :)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:59 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:41 pm
I can, quite truthfully boast to having my hair savaged several times by the famous pedal-pushing "Neville" of Halliwell Road (and later Church Road or Heaton or somewhere) in times gone by, whose portrait was in Bolton Art Gallery. :wink:
Haha. Remember him well. As kids it was either Neville's or Leach's on Blackburn Rd. Leach used to grip your head in this vice-like grip and move your head around like he was going through the gears. Both Neville and Leach knew one haircut and one haircut only. Couldn't wait until I became responsible for my own haircuts just so that I could start going to Graham Clarke's :)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:03 pm

That's a narrow window you had, I hope you made the most of it!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:12 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:59 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Haha. Remember him well. As kids it was either Neville's or Leach's on Blackburn Rd. Leach used to grip your head in this vice-like grip and move your head around like he was going through the gears. Both Neville and Leach knew one haircut and one haircut only. Couldn't wait until I became responsible for my own haircuts just so that I could start going to Graham Clarke's :)
All true. In town had Mick Gildea, Nat Crook and the infamous George Dyson for cropping the mop. My favourite character was Mr Fisher, an old chap down Halliwell (near where Pedro's was across from later) who thought naught of producing a violin and screeching out a "tune" or two. It mattered not if you were in a hurry..Happy days. :mrgreen:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:21 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:12 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:59 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
All true. In town had Mick Gildea, Nat Crook and the infamous George Dyson for cropping the mop. My favourite character was Mr Fisher, an old chap down Halliwell (near where Pedro's was across from later) who thought naught of producing a violin and screeching out a "tune" or two. It mattered not if you were in a hurry..Happy days. :mrgreen:
I remember this once when I was taken to Washington Gent's, down the side of Hitchen's on Deansgate. It was an absolute treat. It was the first time in my life that a barber actually took the trouble to ask ME how I wanted it cut :D (The answer to which was "Like Bruce Foxton :) "

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:03 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:35 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Had mine cut on Friday. As she was finishing, the girl who does it asked if I'd like "Anything on top"? "Yes, several more active follicles" :(
Sorry, that did make me laugh out loud! :lol:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:05 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:03 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
:D You'll be as silver as a sixpence before long, GG

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:31 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:05 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
My mum has no grey at all and she is 64. Not one here either yet. Hoping I’ve inherited her genes 8)

That said, the kids are doing their best to give me some this summer holiday so I can’t speak too soon. :shock:

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:36 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:31 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
My mum has no grey at all and she is 64. Not one here either yet. Hoping I’ve inherited her genes 8)

That said, the kids are doing their best to give me some this summer holiday so I can’t speak too soon. :shock:

I'm disappointed. I would have put my mortgage on your reply being, 'What's a sixpence?' :conf:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:41 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:36 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:

I'm disappointed. I would have put my mortgage on your reply being, 'What's a sixpence?' :conf:
That's exactly what I was expecting too :D

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:58 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

It’s what Alexandre Lacazette can turn on! 8)

I didn’t know they were silver though :oops:

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:07 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:58 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

It’s what Alexandre Lacazette can turn on! 8)

I didn’t know they were silver though :oops:
As opposed to our strikers, who struggle to turn on a roundabout. :roll: Saturday's heroes apart!

I like the answer though!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:58 pm

Missed all.this. got me thinking about my haircuts as a kid at Fosters opposite Orlando Bridge near Burnden. Clippers deal with what I've got left now, not visited a professional for years. Have a bad habit of leaving the pile of hair around for several days. My niece turned up and saw it and was appalled after I convinced her it was culled from my bum crack for hygiene reasons.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:42 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:58 pm
Missed all.this. got me thinking about my haircuts as a kid at Fosters opposite Orlando Bridge near Burnden. Clippers deal with what I've got left now, not visited a professional for years. Have a bad habit of leaving the pile of hair around for several days. My niece turned up and saw it and was appalled after I convinced her it was culled from my bum crack for hygiene reasons.
Who says that you can't buy class?

If that's the worst that she was appalled by in that house, then i'll be amazed! :lol: