Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:56 pm

Enoch wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:50 pm
They won't hear any abuse sitting in their deckchairs in Bermuda.
I wouldn't be too sure of that. They might be safe in a shed in Yakutsk.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:04 pm

@MarcIles
·
18h
Explicitly told there is no preferred bidder in this kind of sale (i.e. bricks and mortar).
Marc Iles last night on the "announcement" of a preferred bidder for the hotel....

I have been saying that I'm not sure anything was ever being formally announced!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:04 pm
@MarcIles
·
18h
Explicitly told there is no preferred bidder in this kind of sale (i.e. bricks and mortar).
Marc Iles last night on the "announcement" of a preferred bidder for the hotel....

I have been saying that I'm not sure anything was ever being formally announced!
It's not bricks and mortar, it's a business, a going concern, one that has actually been revived since administration.

The fact FV want to treat it as mere bricks and mortar is neither here nor there.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:18 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:12 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
@MarcIles
·
18h

It's not bricks and mortar, it's a business, a going concern, one that has actually been revived since administration.

The fact FV want to treat it as mere bricks and mortar is neither here nor there.
That is from Quantuma. They aren't announcing a preferred bidder. I did say this all along....as Worthy can attest to. Iles has clarified just now.
@MarcIles

14m
Replying to
@alanparkinson16
a) Nothing new since my last update. b) My last update said there wouldn't be a preferred bidder - it's a different process to the club.
Club admins say they have done all they can do, hotel admins say they are 'awaiting confirmation'. I can't add any more.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:23 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:18 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
@MarcIles
·
18h

That is from Quantuma. They aren't announcing a preferred bidder. I did say this all along....as Worthy can attest to. Iles has clarified just now.
@MarcIles

14m
Replying to
@alanparkinson16
a) Nothing new since my last update. b) My last update said there wouldn't be a preferred bidder - it's a different process to the club.
Club admins say they have done all they can do, hotel admins say they are 'awaiting confirmation'. I can't add any more.
I don't care what you and Iles are saying. I don't care if you have reams of paper going back months. You and Iles were apparently telling us that FV would complete last Thursday. You and Iles told us that the Administrators would Definitely Not Run Us In The Season. You & Iles both make it up as you go along.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:38 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:23 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:18 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
@MarcIles
·
18h

@MarcIles

14m
Replying to
@alanparkinson16
I don't care what you and Iles are saying. I don't care if you have reams of paper going back months. You and Iles were apparently telling us that FV would complete last Thursday. You and Iles told us that the Administrators would Definitely Not Run Us In The Season. You & Iles both make it up as you go along.
I don't believe I ever said they'd complete last Thursday. There have been many times admins told people "its happening next day". That's a fact. A press conference was arranged for Friday last week according to Parky - so clearly the expectation was it was going to happen. That's another fact.

The information that administrators release - is what they believe. Then things have gone wrong elsewhere in the chain.

But my point was that all along I questioned the notion that Quantuma were about to announce a "preferred bidder" inspite of the fact that Nixon and Iles seemed convinced that was the process.

As for running it into the season it was accidental the first game went ahead because everyone believed the takeover was done the day before including the EFL and FV paid the wages of the players. Without that the game wouldn't have happened. The ONLY difference between us and Bury is FV have a plan approved by the EFL whereas Dale does not.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
@MarcIles
·
18h

They aren't announcing a preferred bidder, allegedly because they're still talking to two parties. So they wouldn't in that scenario announce a preferred bidder as there isn't one!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:52 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:51 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
@MarcIles
·
18h

They aren't announcing a preferred bidder, allegedly because they're still talking to two parties. So they wouldn't in that scenario announce a preferred bidder as there isn't one!
Or because there was never a "formal process" and they just messed up! :wink:

Anyhow I guess we'll wait and see what fun installments next week brings!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:59 pm

So do the administrators work on a set fee for er, administrating, or is this stringing things along just adding costs to their (elastic) bill ? Efficiency doesn't exactly come across as their watchword as I see it. Again, let me be happily wrong because so far they're making Benny Hill look like the Dean of Cambridge University and Anderson and Bassini the wolves of Wall Street. .
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:10 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:52 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
@MarcIles
·
18h

I think there's been a formal process - the same people who are telling us "no preferred bidder" being announced were telling us the process was due to close to further bids/expressions of interest/whatever you want to call them, last Friday.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:12 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:10 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
@MarcIles
·
18h

I think there's been a formal process - the same people who are telling us "no preferred bidder" being announced were telling us the process was due to close to further bids/expressions of interest/whatever you want to call them, last Friday.
I know - and I didn't agree with them then either.

Anyhow lets just see what happens. In reality it would have done a lot of good if Quantuma HAD announced their preferred bidder I suspect.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:19 pm

That hardly constitutes a ringing endorsement. :lol:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:50 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:12 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
@MarcIles
·
18h

Anyhow lets just see what happens. In reality it would have done a lot of good if Quantuma HAD announced their preferred bidder I suspect.
And let's get this straight too:
I said (my best guess was that) Quantuma would be getting their ducks in a row for when they announced who'd won. I didn't mention preferred bidder, I was talking about the winner, or (as I said) a run off between two, hence the delay in an announcement.

If, as you say, there is no process for a preferred bidder, there will still be, at some stage, an announcement as to who has won and who will be buying the hotel (or if the hotel will be liquidated).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:00 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:50 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
@MarcIles
·
18h

I said (my best guess was that) Quantuma would be getting their ducks in a row for when they announced who'd won. I didn't mention preferred bidder, I was talking about the winner, or (as I said) a run off between two, hence the delay in an announcement.

If, as you say, there is no process for a preferred bidder, there will still be, at some stage, an announcement as to who has won and who will be buying the hotel (or if the hotel will be liquidated).
I personally think there are two "announcements possible".

1) via BWFC - we are pleased to announce that Football Ventures have today completed the purchase of BWFAC and Bolton Whites Hotel

2) via "whoever - probably Iles" - FV have walked away from the deal and its all off.

That is my guess. Obviously following 2 you might then hear what Quantuma plan to do and Rubins for that matter.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:09 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:50 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
@MarcIles
·
18h

And related to that, Rubin's are happily briefing anyone who'll listen they've been "done" for weeks so it won't be anything to do with them, if it all goes tits up.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:10 pm

From a welfare perspective in regards to young 17,18 & 19 kids having to play 3 games in a week - Football Ventures should hang their heads in shame - stringing absolutely everyone along week after week (remember Sharon Brittan was at Wycombe 2 weeks ago shaking hands with fans).

Kids risking getting injured playing 3 1st team games in a week, whilst at the same time doing fcuk all to stop 1st team players leaving. Apart from maybe having a club (although very likely to be in L2) there is absolutely nothing positive or to like about Football Ventures.

Once again loyal fans paying well earned money to watch the youth / development team lose - its an absolute disgrace. So Football Ventures need to put up or fcuk off and let Bassini have a go, because as I said earlier it looks to me that he cant be any worse than FV

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:12 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:10 pm
From a welfare perspective in regards to young 17,18 & 19 kids having to play 3 games in a week - Football Ventures should hang their heads in shame - stringing absolutely everyone along week after week (remember Sharon Brittan was at Wycombe 2 weeks ago shaking hands with fans).

Kids risking getting injured playing 3 1st team games in week, whilst at the same time doing fcuk all to stop 1st team players leaving. Apart from maybe having a club (although very likely to be in L2) there is absolutely nothing positive or to like about Football Ventures.

Once again loyal fans paying well earned money to watch the youth / development team lose - its an absolute disgrace. So Football Ventures need to put up or fcuk off and let Bassini have a go, because as I said earlier it looks to me that he cant be any worse than FV
You keep coming back to it's all FV's "fault" Bertie - I'm not 100% convinced of that. They're not running the hotel Admin process - Quantuma are. I think Quantuma need to get their fcuking collective fingers out (assuming the "Club" is as "done" as Rubins would have everyone believe)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:18 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:10 pm

Kids risking getting injured playing 3 1st team games in a week, whilst at the same time doing fcuk all to stop 1st team players leaving. Apart from maybe having a club (although very likely to be in L2) there is absolutely nothing positive or to like about Football Ventures.

You seem to think a) that FV can just "make it happen" if it was that easy do you not think they would have done?

Since March we've had two parties sign HoTs, one an SPA (Bassini who you seem keen to give a go - hasn't he already had two goes?) and nobody could complete. Then in administration we've had one party gain EFL approval for their business plan but struggle to complete the two businesses.

Yes it is terrible that the kids are playing and the football position is terrible. But ultimately everybody knows that - but you can't just "make it happen" because the situation is shite. Everything needs to be right - if it isn't then you have problems down the line. The issue here as Worthy says is not down to the club administrators or FV - and neither party can do anything about it currently other than wait for Quantuma to sort themselves out.

As for the youngsters perhaps the EFL could have stepped in and suspended the games like they have for Bury - to safeguard the kids - it would in my view be very sensible. But they would have done so were they not convinced like everyone else that the deal was going through before the season started only for the hotel side to hit a "contractural snag".

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:24 pm

Worthy, I'm laying the blame at FV for the debacle of agreeing to buy the club (but with conditions that it depended on them also getting the hotel, but knowing that their were different admins for the hotel), knowing the impact that this would have on the club, supporters, players etc. - Paul Appleton keeps saying that its done as far as he's concerned but nothing from FV. Sharon Brittan turned up at Wycombe like the saviour in waiting - shaking hands, I'll comment next Sat etc....but still nothing.

At the same time these kids are trying their absolute bollocks, playing out of their skins risking injury by playing 3 games in a week, whilst Football Ventures play games with the club, I'm serious I'd rather have Bassini than these FV clowns.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:30 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:24 pm
Worthy, I'm laying the blame at FV for the debacle of agreeing to buy the club (but with conditions that it depended on them also getting the hotel, but knowing that their were different admins for the hotel), knowing the impact that this would have on the club, supporters, players etc. - Paul Appleton keeps saying that its done as far as he's concerned but nothing from FV. Sharon Brittan turned up at Wycombe like the saviour in waiting - shaking hands, I'll comment next Sat etc....but still nothing.

At the same time these kids are trying their absolute bollocks, playing out of their skins risking injury by playing 3 games in a week, whilst Football Ventures play games with the club, I'm serious I'd rather have Bassini than these FV clowns.
Bassini has been trying to buy the club since April - why hasn't he?

If FV want the club and hotel and have a serious plan to run it then they aren't going to throw that away for a quick fix because the kids are having to play. They are looking at a long term plan not rushing it, creating a mess just so we can sign some frees now.

It isn't a good situation but this is a business deal (two deals) and isn't ultimately about the next few weeks but next few years.

I honestly think we're going down and have been for quite a while in all likelihood.