Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:37 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:20 pm
disagree -- we have a match tomorrow - so we're still alive and kicking
A new board of directors - a new beginning - who knows what the future holds..... why is your glass half empty all the time ?
There is a future - its called The Kings Harmes - Dennis Politic - Ronan Darcey - Harry Brockbank et. al.
It's more than half empty. Dennis King Harmes Politic is a nice present, but not really a viable future. If FV were going to sign they'd have already signed, and if they sign next week or the week after or the month after that they will have no more money or clue than Anderson had. The only USP we have over all the other poor struggling buggers is our 'founding league member' status, and it ain't worth much in dollars. This thread is about Administration And Recovery, not How I Wish Upon A Star. Sorry, it's just how I am. :(
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:42 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:37 pm
, it's just how I am. :(
I bet you're a barrel of laughs at the office christmas party :pissed: :pissed: :grin:

We will still be here next week, we will still be here next month, and next season
We will fight them on the beaches, in the fields, in the towns....
Bolton Wanderers will never surrender :oyea: :oyea:
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:48 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:42 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
I bet you're a barrel of laughs at the office christmas party :pissed: :pissed: :grin:

We will still be here next week, we will still be here next month, and next season
We will fight them on the beaches, in the fields, in the towns....
Bolton Wanderers will never surrender :oyea: :oyea:
Got to agree with this. All this is about is keeping the club alive. If that means being in league 2 fielding the kids so be it. If it means losing every single week this season so be it.

We must survive. Not just for us. But for generations to come.

The fans are showing support and I think there is a reconnection. We just need FV to complete and run the club as best they can. They will be custodians that’s all. But they have one of us in their midst which puts them way above Anderson.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:06 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:18 pm
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:08 pm
As I've said earlier, I would now rather the apparent asylum escapee, mad man, deluded Bassini took the club on than these FV silent assassins. Everyone who keeps saying its FV or no one, how do you know that ?, 'eggs in one basket' is never a good scenario.

Serious question does anyone on here know what the FV strategy is for the club & what it involves and whether it will move the club forward or not ?, just because they paid £25k to see the books doesn't give any indication of whether they want to try and improve the club football wise over the next few years or just simply make some money by selling the stadium, hotel, car parks etc. and do sweet FA team wise.
I have publicly stated what I understand the FV so called plan is previously. In a nutshell it involves selling the stadium and renting it back, a very similar plan to that proposed by Sheffield Wednesday, and almost identical to the plan that has seen Coventry evicted from the Ricoh.
I know a lot are banging on about it being FV or bust, but honestly, FV equates equally to being bust too.
Us, Bury, Coventry, Macclesfield, and God knows how many others, the out of control "South Sea bubble" that was/is Premiership/TV rights is coming home to roost. And we are squarely in the firing line.
The bubble is coming home to roost and we're in the firing line. Sums up our dilemma perfectly for me.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:13 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:55 pm
Ultimately none of us have got a bid in for the club.

The supporters trust and there quite laughable “High net worth individuals” haven’t got a bid in. Indeed despite them telling us all Admin was the way to sort this mess out at their public meeting they didn’t even stump up to see the books as far as I could see. They have even been openly critical of the only Bolton fan to stick his hand in his pocket (Michael James) rather than try to get him to the table on the takeover.

So if none of us can afford it. And our “Supporters trust” can’t afford it. We’ve got to hope somebody else can afford it. Else it gets liquidated. As far as I can tell FV are the only show in town for the club. Certainly the only ones who aren’t Lawrence Bassini.

So whether we like it or not, it’s them or no club. So we all just have to sit tight and hope they get on with it...whatever the hold up is.
This is my post. You brain thief :lol: :oyea:
Pfffft.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:43 am

Beginning to think my hunch was right, if FV had the funds both the club and hotel with or without bazza's interference would be in their pocket, clearly they don't have anything like enough.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:45 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:40 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:23 pm

Bassini has failed at every step of this process. KA even sold him the club subject to proof of funds, he failed. He has never shown any proof of funds at any point.

He has a history of bankrupting himself, and would've bankrupted Watford had financial rescuers not arrived at the last minute.

As I said above, FV are literally trying to ensure BWFC continues to exist. Forget long term plans and strategy. This is an emergency, a crisis. A large crisis. You don't plan an extension, when your house is on fire...
Please tell me you don't seriously believe this ?
Is it correct to assume that you believe the opposite? That FV are trying to ensure that we no longer exist? Why on earth would they do that? There’s some been some absolutely bonkers ides banded about during this process.

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:08 am

Hoboh wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:43 am
Beginning to think my hunch was right, if FV had the funds both the club and hotel with or without bazza's interference would be in their pocket, clearly they don't have anything like enough.
Dont be so sure. Friend of a friend of a friend (i know.....) has links to one of the people involved in the FV deal. Reckons all will go through but is just fiendishly complicated.....

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:36 am

dave the minion wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:08 am
Hoboh wrote:
Dont be so sure. Friend of a friend of a friend (i know.....) has links to one of the people involved in the FV deal. Reckons all will go through but is just fiendishly complicated.....
That's interesting, because others are saying this morning that FV have actually walked & that the delay is nothing to do with the hotel - and they are also saying that they have people close to the deal. Its becoming increasingly difficult to know who to believe.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:29 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:36 am
dave the minion wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:08 am
Hoboh wrote:
That's interesting, because others are saying this morning that FV have actually walked & that the delay is nothing to do with the hotel - and they are also saying that they have people close to the deal. Its becoming increasingly difficult to know who to believe.
Just don't believe any Swedes. Or people who claim that they know somebody who once lived next door to somebody who went to school with Paul Appleton's younger sister. Or Nixon. Or....
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:31 am

nelson66 wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
I never go to Christmas parties, office or otherwise, ever.
:wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:08 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:31 am
nelson66 wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Ah! Are you a Jehovah's Witness? It would explain a lot. :D
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:18 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:08 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
nelson66 wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
...and, back onto topic:

There must be some kind of way outta here
Said the joker to the thief
There's too much confusion
I can't get no relief…

8)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:40 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:18 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
nelson66 wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
...and, back onto topic:

I can't get no relief…

8)

Thanks for confirming!
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:47 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:40 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:18 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
nelson66 wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
...and, back onto topic:

I can't get no relief…

8)

Thanks for confirming!
Seriously though, :P
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:11 pm

Football Ventures - seriously shameful, disgraceful actually, morally should be reported

Another heavy defeat today because of you - men against boys, no signings, just youth team players whilst you fcuk about sitting back, playing Monopoly with BWFC - Sharon Brittan & your joke consortium partners just please fcuk off, you are taking the piss out of a proud club.

If you don't want BWFC, piss off and let someone else do it.....disgraceful to put the kids through it again today, FV are actually despicable, I seriously don't want you anywhere near BWFC, I didn't think that it was possible after KA but Football Ventures are even worse.

Please feck off Football Ventures....

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:18 pm

I understand the anger, Bertie. But, it's FV or bust (and, as LLS says, it might well be FV and bust). If they walk away, there is no one else. Bassini does not have the money.
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:20 pm

Understand the frustration, they need to pull their fingers out but ridiculous to compare to Ken.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:27 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:18 pm
I understand the anger, Bertie. But, it's FV or bust (and, as LLS says, it might well be FV and bust). If they walk away, there is no one else. Bassini does not have the money.
Tell you what squire lets just continue with the kids and lose 5-0 every week - FV have wasted 4-5 weeks (just like they did in March / April ) playing games with BWFC, they (FV) & they alone are responsible for this, if they were not serious about BWFC they should have left it to someone else who would have completed earlier - seriously Football Ventures are a fcuking disgrace

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:39 pm

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:27 pm
TonyDomingos wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:18 pm
Tell you what squire lets just continue with the kids and lose 5-0 every week - FV have wasted 4-5 weeks (just like they did in March / April ) playing games with BWFC, they (FV) & they alone are responsible for this, if they were not serious about BWFC they should have left it to someone else who would have completed earlier - seriously Football Ventures are a fcuking disgrace
OK - and I understand where the frustration is coming from - but what exactly do you want FV to have done differently? If they are serious about the club, which I believe they are, do you not think they are moving as quickly as they possibly can, with the backdrop of an incredibly complicated legal situation? Do you honestly - and I mean honestly - believe they have dragged their heels on purpose, for some strange nefarious purpose?

We might not like where we are, but we are in an absolutely dog shit situation. We are a struggling football club without an owner. The state of the company books and the football club are shocking, and there are no deep pocketed benefactors waiting in the wings to plough millions into us. The reality is we are a hugely risky investment, and the only viable buyer at the moment is FV. Due to the shambles that we have become, it seems there are many difficult issues they need to get across the line before completing. To call them a disgrace - without the facts - is out of order.

If you want them to leave us alone, with potentially the only other viable alternative being liquidation and no more club, then how is this better that what we have at the moment?

At the end of the day we are a basket case and there is only 1 organisation in the world who wants us. FV haven't caused any of the problems, and they are the only possible solution at the moment, so we need to live with that I'm afraid....