Berk in ead or mere scousers? Tranmere (A) 17.8.19 3pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Re: Berk in ead or mere scousers? Tranmere (A) 17.8.19 3pm

Post by Enoch » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:41 am

I'm thinking more BL3.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:03 am

Enoch wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:41 am
I'm thinking more BL3.
! I'm in awe of the storage capacity you have. I'd completely forgotten him. :D
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

dave the minion
Reliable
Reliable

Post by dave the minion » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:06 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:58 pm
Seriously gents is no one concerned with the welfare of our young players, I'm really disappointed in the general sod the kids welfare by some posters & its not FV's fault - does anyone seriously support FV on this ?

16,17 & 18 year old lads playing 3 games a week against bigger pro footballers, I'm losing faith in BWFC if this is now acceptable whilst a group who have previous. continue to string everyone along.
We're all very concerned. However, it's out of our hands and its kids playing or no club. The EFL presumably have the power to suspend our games a la bury, but theres not many other options left on the table

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:16 am

dave the minion wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:06 am
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Seriously gents is no one concerned with the welfare of our young players, I'm really disappointed in the general sod the kids welfare by some posters & its not FV's fault - does anyone seriously support FV on this ?

16,17 & 18 year old lads playing 3 games a week against bigger pro footballers, I'm losing faith in BWFC if this is now acceptable whilst a group who have previous. continue to string everyone along.
We're all very concerned. However, it's out of our hands and its kids playing or no club. The EFL presumably have the power to suspend our games a la bury, but theres not many other options left on the table
^^ This.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:51 am

dave the minion wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:06 am
Bertie Wooster wrote:

Some of us aren't that concerned about the kids playing. Me for one. I'm concerned that if they keep getting a thumping from the likes of Tranmere they'll develop a negative attitude. I'm concerned that Parkinson will try and impose his usual tactics on them in training and mentally defeat them even further. But actually concerned about them playing football? They're not eight year old chimneysweeps, or fourteen year old coal miners, or doing voluntary mine clearance in Iraq. They're playing football for a living and are above the age of consent.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:01 pm

The kids are gonna get battered every week. It's gonna take it out of them.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:08 pm

Jugs wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:01 pm
I'm not saying it won't. I'm not saying it's sustainable. I'm not even saying it's the only way forward.
I'm merely saying I'm not concerned about safeguarding issues just because a bunch of young footballers are playing first team football. I'm saying some people are going a bit over the top, almost hysterical, about it...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:16 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:08 pm
Jugs wrote:
I'm not saying it won't. I'm not saying it's sustainable. I'm not even saying it's the only way forward.
I'm merely saying I'm not concerned about safeguarding issues just because a bunch of young footballers are playing first team football. I'm saying some people are going a bit over the top, almost hysterical, about it...
I know we're getting beat but we aren't getting -3 every game.

If by some miracle we sort this in the next 2 weeks and get a modicum of a team, there is the chance we could turn the deficite around and fight to stay in the league.

I dread to think what the point deduction Bury are going to receive for the 5 games they've missed should they sort out the mess they are in.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:25 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:16 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jugs wrote:

If by some miracle we sort this in the next 2 weeks and get a modicum of a team, there is the chance we could turn the deficite around and fight to stay in the league.

I dread to think what the point deduction Bury are going to receive for the 5 games they've missed should they sort out the mess they are in.
I don't think we've got much chance this season (if we survive) and hopefully we can start to rebuild next year, but I reckon Bury are gonners - can't see them not being thrown out on the 23rd.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:40 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:25 pm
DJBlu wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jugs wrote:

I don't think we've got much chance this season (if we survive) and hopefully we can start to rebuild next year, but I reckon Bury are gonners - can't see them not being thrown out on the 23rd.
You don’t think there will be a last minute saviour for Bury?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:44 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:40 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jugs wrote:

Who?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:47 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jugs wrote:

"Safeguarding" might seem an overly strong word, but there's a significant difference between first-team football and development football, and not just in terms of physicality. It's standard practice to phase the youngest players into the senior set-up because they're particularly susceptible to injuries which can hinder their development/cause further injury problems later in their careers/lives.

I'd like to think it's possible to think that's worthy of consideration without being hysterical.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:02 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:47 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jugs wrote:

"Safeguarding" might seem an overly strong word, but there's a significant difference between first-team football and development football, and not just in terms of physicality. It's standard practice to phase the youngest players into the senior set-up because they're particularly susceptible to injuries which can hinder their development/cause further injury problems later in their careers/lives.

I'd like to think it's possible to think that's worthy of consideration without being hysterical.
So would I.
However when you have two senior players at your disposal how would you propose to phase the kids in?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:10 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:02 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jugs wrote:

So would I.
However when you have two senior players at your disposal how would you propose to phase the kids in?

I'm not proposing that we can. A number of people are thinking it's better to just postpone the fixtures rather than attempt to fulfil them by potentially putting seventeen-year-olds' development at risk. I'm not quite yet one of them, but I don't think it's hysterical to think it.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:16 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:10 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:02 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jugs wrote:

So would I.

I'm not proposing that we can. A number of people are thinking it's better to just postpone the fixtures rather than attempt to fulfil them by potentially putting seventeen-year-olds' development at risk. I'm not quite yet one of them, but I don't think it's hysterical to think it.
And I said that it's not hysterical to think it. However if you go back through some of the posts on here over the last 48 hours I think you might find some that were fairly hysterical in tone.
I'll also stand by my opinion that it's OK to play the kids, and for a while yet to come, even.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:42 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:44 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jugs wrote:

Who?
One of the ‘definitely interested parties’ that supposedly have approached club and MPs and council etc...Dale will sell last second is the assumption of many.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:53 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:42 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jugs wrote:

Who?
One of the ‘definitely interested parties’ that supposedly have approached club and MPs and council etc...Dale will sell last second is the assumption of many.
What, and these multiple 'definitely interested parties' have EFL fit & proper persons test already passed and £10 million in the bank to pay off the debts, and will be so ready to be up and running that no more games will be 'postponed'?
If all that happens, then what the fxck have we got to worry about? If all that happens then FV, Bassini, KA, and the administrators can all fxck off tomorrow and we'll still be alright. Because if all that happens anyfxcker can takeover a desperately struggling football club at the drop of a hat!!!!
(Oooops, I forgot for a moment our own hero Holdsworth).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:51 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:53 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:42 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
DJBlu wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Jugs wrote:

Who?
What, and these multiple 'definitely interested parties' have EFL fit & proper persons test already passed and £10 million in the bank to pay off the debts, and will be so ready to be up and running that no more games will be 'postponed'?
If all that happens, then what the fxck have we got to worry about? If all that happens then FV, Bassini, KA, and the administrators can all fxck off tomorrow and we'll still be alright. Because if all that happens anyfxcker can takeover a desperately struggling football club at the drop of a hat!!!!
(Oooops, I forgot for a moment our own hero Holdsworth).

Not saying that happens but I guess with Bury having a CVA agreed it’s easier for someone to come in quickly and pay that off plus commit to future funding plans with EFL.

Given CVA is signed off the amount is known.

It’s also a far lower amount than buying Bolton. And much less complicated.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:53 pm

Was one option to back out of the league cup rather than play midweek? I can’t recall when tickets went on sale but at least it wouldn’t have costed us league points. I suppose that was post Coventry ‘high’...

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:02 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49326905

Dirty twots are at it again. Down to 9 men with a decent ref.