The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Hoboh » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:14 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:07 pm
I mean she's obviously not said that, has she.
Yes apparently less women should be locked up!
Should apall all those wo believe in equality.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:22 am

Prufrock wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:07 pm
I mean she's obviously not said that, has she.

No, that was Charles Kennedy in 2005.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:39 am

I see Mr Grieve is now really aggrieved.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:39 am

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:46 am

Enoch wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:39 am
He has a very fitting name does Dom.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:11 pm

Hilarious folk who are busy trying to undo a democratic vote who have previously used ancient little used methods to hijack parliament complaining when someone else who is carrying out the Democratic result does it, then calls it undemocratic :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:12 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:46 am
Enoch wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:39 am
He has a very fitting name does Dom.
Crikey!

Looks like he's doubly aggrieved.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:10 pm

As you'd expect The Guardian is in meltdown :lol: that's why it is raining remoaner tears :pissed: :lol: :lol:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:24 am

Just who actually runs the country you unrepresentative, un-elected tit?
Robert Kerslake, the former head of the civil service, said Whitehall would have to think carefully about whether to put ministers’ instructions into effect. “We are reaching the point where the civil service must consider putting its stewardship of the country ahead of service to the government of the day,” he said.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:48 am

Yesterday evening it emerged anti-Brexit campaigner Gina Miller has already issued legal proceedings to challenge prorogation.
Whom exactly elected you Miller? Go ahead prove to all you and your husbands clients you know just how to waste their investments.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:21 am

The face of the remoaner unleashed

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:32 pm

And so, he wants to table a motion for a general election, fine get the bill through first in order to take no-deal off the table.

Come on Compo, this is what you've been screaming for, no ifs, no buts.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:36 pm

Don't let the door..............

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:26 pm

Hilary Fxcking Wedgwood Benn... Has the cxnt ever done a day's work in his life! Hereditary Trotskyist Wanker.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:35 pm

The unelected possibly coming to the aid of the democratic:

In the House of Lords today there is an attempt by some Lords to pass a motion to manage the anti-no-deal bill’s passage much more quickly on Thursday and Friday than they can normally do. But what government peers are trying to do is talk out this motion. A massive 86 amendments have been tabled by government peers and in the Lords if a peer wants to talk about their amendment they can. If you think of about 40 minutes for the process for each amendment then you are looking at a lot of hours."
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:21 pm

Labour pussy cxnts..
"Sir Keir says Labour will not be voting with the government for an election, and the party's focus remains on passing and implementing the bill."
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:13 pm

The whole Brexit thing is making Parliament and the bodies that run Britain look like a right bunch of buffoons. We might be world leaders at changing guards and dressing up in pantomime frocks and wigs and stuff, but in actual politics and law enforcement we resemble a country as focused and dangerous as a Parish bring and buy sale, only not as lethal . Too many cooks in the kitchen and most with not a clue how to boil an egg. I've avoided politics almost all my life because nothing about has changed much in it. The "opposition" is forever making the loudest noise whatever the topic.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:05 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:13 pm
The whole Brexit thing is making Parliament and the bodies that run Britain look like a right bunch of buffoons. We might be world leaders at changing guards and dressing up in pantomime frocks and wigs and stuff, but in actual politics and law enforcement we resemble a country as focused and dangerous as a Parish bring and buy sale, only not as lethal . Too many cooks in the kitchen and most with not a clue how to boil an egg. I've avoided politics almost all my life because nothing about has changed much in it. The "opposition" is forever making the loudest noise whatever the topic.
It’s simple really tango - on one hand you’ve got someone acting undemocratically to uphold democracy, while on the other people acting democratically to overrule democracy.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:50 pm

jimbo wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:05 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
It’s simple really tango - on one hand you’ve got someone acting undemocratically to uphold democracy, while on the other people acting democratically to overrule democracy.

This in a nutshell. The whole issue is a mess. The House of Lords, House of Commons, Speaker, all parties and every last fecking MP should be ashamed of themselves.

We are the laughingstock of the entire world and politics in this country has been unrepairably damaged.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:40 am

malcd1 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:50 pm
jimbo wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:05 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:

This in a nutshell. The whole issue is a mess. The House of Lords, House of Commons, Speaker, all parties and every last fecking MP should be ashamed of themselves.

We are the laughingstock of the entire world and politics in this country has been unrepairably damaged.
It’s fascinating though. I’m enjoying thinking about the tactics employed by each side. It’s also very funny seeing Johnson dangling there with a minority government, all bluster, yet unable to actually do anything.