General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:03 pm

East European gang wars........in Londinium...? Make some more police cuts quick. At this rate, everybody will be wanting to come to England. Great for our tourist trade, what? :|
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:55 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:03 pm
East European gang wars........in Londinium...? Make some more police cuts quick. At this rate, everybody will be wanting to come to England. Great for our tourist trade, what? :|
Doubtlessly this will be the fault of Sadiq Khan according to the racist 4ucknugget, Katie Hopkins, who appears to confuse the role of The Mayor of London with that of Batman.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:25 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:55 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Doubtlessly this will be the fault of Sadiq Khan according to the racist 4ucknugget, Katie Hopkins, who appears to confuse the role of The Mayor of London with that of Batman.
Well actually Bruce..........
The Mayor sets an overall vision for London. He has a duty to create plans and policies for the capital covering:

Policing & Crime

Other priorities for the Mayor include higher education, foreign Investment and attracting events and conferences to London.
The Mayor’s £17bn annual budget supports investment in public transport, fire services and policing as well as the work of City Hall.
Not taken from any right wing rag either

https://www.london.gov.uk/about-us/mayo ... yor-london

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:26 pm

I'm a member of an online literary forum although I haven't posted there for a while. Today I got an e-mail at my site address from there from ": Hi, I'm a cute girl and wondered if you wanted some good fun time...you can find me on Google at.." well, never mind all that. I had a good laugh as I'll be 80 next month.... :lol:

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:14 am

Geez, TANGO, I wouldn't mind a bit of that. I'm well and truly out of practice. :stalker:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:12 pm

Dujon wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:14 am
Geez, TANGO, I wouldn't mind a bit of that. I'm well and truly out of practice. :stalker:
:lol: I get the odd message from Russian girls wanting to hook up with me in the inbox (well junk mail) from time to time, read the headline, chuckle, then permanently delete.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:37 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
This has been going on since before even the Wiff Waff merchant. Eastern Europeans battle with the Native Londoners, Greeks and Turks and Black families for control of the drugs and sex trafficking business.

I can't get a look in..... :roll:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:56 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:37 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
This has been going on since before even the Wiff Waff merchant. Eastern Europeans battle with the Native Londoners, Greeks and Turks and Black families for control of the drugs and sex trafficking business.

Last week I bought a D.V.D -" Once upon a time in London" about the pre-Kray era and up to it, so yes, nothing new really. The story goes the Krays once tried to take over the Empress Club in Bolton at the height of its popularity but were sent packing by the Police.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:03 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:56 am
Gary the Enfield wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Last week I bought a D.V.D -" Once upon a time in London" about the pre-Kray era and up to it, so yes, nothing new really. The story goes the Krays once tried to take over the Empress Club in Bolton at the height of its popularity but were sent packing by the Police.
That story has a Sting in the tale.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:24 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:03 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:56 am
Gary the Enfield wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

That story has a Sting in the tale.
Quite. :) The Bolton incident wasn't in the D.V.D but I remember it actually happening when Eddie Grindrod, Norman Clements and another guy owned the Empress Club. They got a lot of famous names on stage there back then including Rod Stewart and Lulu. Good days....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:49 pm

In no way meaning to be controversial, but this is Bolton traditionally. Whatever happened to Fred, Bert, Tom, Dick and Harry......and all the female counterparts as in our class at school? Oh, just realised, it's 2019.... :wink:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17 ... -revealed/

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:50 pm

Whatever happened to woollen swimming costumes? You come round here with your technical textiles. I demand a return to being dragged under water by absorptive swimsuits. ;)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:06 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:50 pm
Whatever happened to woollen swimming costumes? You come round here with your technical textiles. I demand a return to being dragged under water by absorptive swimsuits. ;)
Just for interest sake and mentioning textiles: Did you know that nylon was introduced as a material for making stockings in 1939, the year I was born? (I got that from a weekend birthday card) :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:39 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:06 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Just for interest sake and mentioning textiles: Did you know that nylon was introduced as a material for making stockings in 1939, the year I was born? (I got that from a weekend birthday card) :D
I didn't, Tango. :D

What I can tell you, however, is that Nylon is a polyamide and that the name 'Nylon' is originally a DuPont brand name. There are two types of nylon fibre; nylon 6 (Less expensive, poor performance, low melting point etc.) and Nylon 66 (Decent stuff).

Oh, and the notion that Nylon is an acronym of New York and London is nonsense. :)

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:40 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
To be fair I think the invention of nylon was probably overshadowed by a few other things that happened in 1939!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:43 pm

jimbo wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:40 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
To be fair I think the invention of nylon was probably overshadowed by a few other things that happened in 1939!
The invention of nylon though was immediately used for parachutes and parachute cords, so the timing of its invention was quite apposite.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:56 pm

jimbo wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:40 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Well, yes, but you know what happens to conversations when anyone mentions Hitler or, as John Cleese (who was also born in 1939 along with Dusty Springfield, Marty Wilde and Trevor McDonald, to name but a few, said,) .."Don't mention the war! ".. :lol:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:18 am

So dressing up as Aladdin is racist.

Well I'm f*cked. Better throw my Freddie Mercury costume in the bin before I get arrested for being homophobic!

There are some tossers about.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:38 am

Enoch wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:18 am

Well I'm f*cked. Better throw my Freddie Mercury costume in the bin before I get arrested for being homophobic!

When I was driving home the other night I heard ont' wireless that the Fire Brigade are doing away with having Fireman Sam as their mascot as some absolute 4ucknugget claims that it discourages potential female recruits. I really do hope that this is a spoof.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:36 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:38 am
Enoch wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:18 am

When I was driving home the other night I heard ont' wireless that the Fire Brigade are doing away with having Fireman Sam as their mascot as some absolute 4ucknugget claims that it discourages potential female recruits. I really do hope that this is a spoof.
I'm waiting for a re-write of Robinson Crusoe and Woman Friday, which will eventually become "Person Friday". Not sure what's intended for "Father Christmas and Mother Goose".... :|