Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:03 pm

^^ cheers' blue

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:04 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:14 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:08 pm
Bertie you should be very careful what you post on social media, someone might just see it and go all legal on you, take an example of what happened to the Blackpool fans. LLS was right if a little blunt.
Hoboh - Seriously, please elaborate on anything that I have posted tonight that could be viewed as being subjected to any legal scrutiny ?, I've only had a difference of opinion with LLS - I've read every post again & can't find anything that I've posted being in any way dodgy or controversial
Nothing to do with shenanigans with anyone on this site Bertie but twice you referred to a third parties well being which I won't repeat. I'm not looking for any arguments just saying, be careful some folk employ expensive legal advisors who can cause much mischief.
As you were :D

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:35 am

Well fellas, what are the odds of a miracle occurring today?

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:03 am

Hoboh wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:04 am
Bertie Wooster wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:14 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:08 pm
Bertie you should be very careful what you post on social media, someone might just see it and go all legal on you, take an example of what happened to the Blackpool fans. LLS was right if a little blunt.
Hoboh - Seriously, please elaborate on anything that I have posted tonight that could be viewed as being subjected to any legal scrutiny ?, I've only had a difference of opinion with LLS - I've read every post again & can't find anything that I've posted being in any way dodgy or controversial
Nothing to do with shenanigans with anyone on this site Bertie but twice you referred to a third parties well being which I won't repeat. I'm not looking for any arguments just saying, be careful some folk employ expensive legal advisors who can cause much mischief.
As you were :D
I can see how some may have interpreted what I put that way, however there was honestly no inciteful intent meant in anything that I posted. Anyway, lets hope all parties have seen sense & put the club first for once and we finally get some good news later today and then we can all start talking about football on the pitch.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:07 am

I wouldn't worry, no personal details are stored on this site.

Anyone else get a really shite nights sleep?

Not been stressed like this for a while and I've been off caffeine for months.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:17 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:32 pm
So,I know the main objective here with the admins and EFL setting deadlines is to get minds focused with the aim of getting the FV takeover agreed.

The liquidation process however, I understood that typically takes 5-7 working days until the company is actually liquidated. Would that apply here, from this position? So the earliest we would be actually out of existence, if nothing was agreed, and nobody else came to save us, would be next week sometime?
Purely speculation on my part here but from what I've read these last 72 hours;

There's no money left in the pot to keep us going. If liquidation is announced tonight I suspect as a club/business we won't even make it beyond the weekend :(
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:40 am

Apparently the Kamani's have just come out this morning and said that they are not interested in either the club or the hotel - so it really is FV or nothing.

So it sounds like its all down to KA & Keir Gordon to agree on whatever it is that KA wants changing in the agreement that was ready to be signed by all on Friday.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:45 am

Reading an article in the telegraph says all the trouble is about indemnity from possible future civil action against Ken Anderson.

If we're liquidated does this all dissappear for him? If so then what does he have to lose?

I can only assume this means the Doidge deal and potentially others.

Even if a deal is struck does this mean there are potential civil law suits in the pipeline for other things that we haven't seen yet.

I do hope there is an enquiry following this as there are some serious questions that need answering.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:46 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:40 am
Apparently the Kamani's have just come out this morning and said that they are not interested in either the club or the hotel - so it really is FV or nothing.

So it sounds like its all down to KA & Keir Gordon to agree on whatever it is that KA wants changing in the agreement that was ready to be signed by all on Friday.
I think they're just trolling Alan Nixon as he put all his eggs in one basket with those men.

Never thought there was any truth in it. A nice antidepressant for a while.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:46 am

Adam Kamani tweeted Marc Iles story about the options with this....
There is absolutely no interest from our side for the hotel or club guys...I’m sorry to disappoint but the rumours are giving you all false hope! Hope that helps and wish you all the best #BWFC

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:48 am

Bertie Wooster wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:40 am

Feels like a big day for the Club. Assuming that FV can't do anything other than what they've proposed in terms of money (which I suspect we all think they can't) then really all they and Admins can do is try to ensure that two parties talk and try and reach a compromise.

It feels from what was posted elsewhere by just about everyone (admins, Anderson quotes to Sky), that whatever the hitch is, is between EDT/Kier Gordon and Anderson - which is pretty much what BWFCi posted. If Nixon reckons there's another bidder, and he seemed to be suggesting "not Kamanis" and "not Bassini" - then now would be a really good time for them to step out of the shadows.

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:51 am

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:45 am
Reading an article in the telegraph says all the trouble is about indemnity from possible future civil action against Ken Anderson.

If we're liquidated does this all dissappear for him? If so then what does he have to lose?

I can only assume this means the Doidge deal and potentially others.

Even if a deal is struck does this mean there are potential civil law suits in the pipeline for other things that we haven't seen yet.

I do hope there is an enquiry following this as there are some serious questions that need answering.
I think you are right on this, apparently Keir Gordon on behalf of the EDT isn't backing down to KA's last minute demands, someone else is also saying that KA will be taken to the cleaners by KG/EDT if we are liquidated and stands to gain nothing.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:23 am

Just throwing this out there...

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:27 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:23 am
It's the hope that kills you.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:37 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:46 am
There is absolutely no interest from our side for the hotel or club guys...I’m sorry to disappoint but the rumours are giving you all false hope! Hope that helps and wish you all the best #BWFC
Why did the geezer wait so long to say anything?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:39 am

This is my non - ITK reckon inferred from the bits we do know. It is also pretty positive so would appreciate if nobody came along pointing out the flaws.

Seems like the hitch is the EDT loan which I think we know wasn't too the club, but to KA who then loaned it to the club secured against something. So from the club (and so FV and the admins POV, it is KA who is owed cash, as a secured creditor).

I suspect FV have offered to pay less than 100% of that back (let's say 80%) and that is all they can afford and everyone accepts that.

For Ken, he doesn't really care, because ultimately it is EDT who are owed money. As long as they are happy to take 80% as well from KA, sure.

However, EDT trustees have a duty to beneficiaries of the EDT to basically get them the most money. It's at least arguable that on this loan the football club's problems are irrelevant, and as long as KA can pay the full whack, they should not accept less.

That would obviously be bad for KA. So I imagine the trustees are saying that they will also accept the eg 80% from KA but there is negotiation over some sort of indemnity for the trustees if they get sued down the line (i.e. Ken, MJ, FV, someone picks up the tab).

Add in the KG and MJ emnity and people are playing silly buggers.

The reason I'm hopeful is it sounds there was a point at which EDT were satisfied (and given its the "Eddie Davies" Trust I think they'll do what they can to save the club, as will MJ and FV) which only leaves Ken. At the end of the day, if it's liquidation he's f*cked. He'll get much less in the £ and still owe EDT full whack.

I wouldn't trust him to save the club even if it only cost him a fiver to do so, but I don't think he'd pay to ruin us. As long as KA is the only major hiccup, and the deal going through is in his interests, I think it'll be reet.

As above, this is wild conjecture but it's keeping me sane.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:40 am

Jugs wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:37 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:46 am
Why did the geezer wait so long to say anything?
He already posted a couple of weeks back that they weren't interested in the Club - but didn't deny they might have asked about hotel...

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:40 am

Blimey guys, as most of you know I’m a gooner but have some good friends amongst you and have been to several matches over the last 10 years or so. Certainly got a soft spot for you lot and the checking news on this has felt never ending to me at times so I can’t imagine what you fans are going through. Really hoping and praying for a huge turnaround and the club to be saved. Would be an absolute travesty if the worst happened. :(

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:45 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:40 am
Blimey guys, as most of you know I’m a gooner but have some good friends amongst you and have been to several matches over the last 10 years or so. Certainly got a soft spot for you lot and the checking news on this has felt never ending to me at times so I can’t imagine what you fans are going through. Really hoping and praying for a huge turnaround and the club to be saved. Would be an absolute travesty if the worst happened. :(

Thanks GG. Feel so helpless right now. I feel sick to the pit of my stomach, as i'm sure does everyone else on here. There won't be much work going on in this office today, that's for sure! :roll:

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:48 am

DJBlu wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:27 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:23 am
It's the hope that kills you.
Unless this is sorted today I'm pretty certain it'll be the alcohol that kills me.
Businesswoman of the year.