Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Jugs » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:37 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:31 pm
Jugs wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:27 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:43 pm
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:16 pm
If FV wanted to flog for profit - the Ken model - then they've rather had that plan shot to shit by us almost certainly getting relegated again. I think James just wants to save us. Certainly doesn't seem a path to riches, unless we can find another Eddie who's happy to write cheques without being the main man. Not many of those sorts of ego-free zones about. And besides, isn't spending beyond your means being proved to be a very dodgy recipe?

I understand the hesitation, and there's definitely a sense of "Oh NOW you turn up", but I'm genuinely intrigued as to the other bidders. I was thinking to myself, this could be heaven or this could be hell...
I fear for the future under FV though (and yes, I understand fearing for the future is better than no future at all). It would appear that selling off the ground is at the heart of their business plan. There'll be no coming back from that scenario once it goes tits up, and it's almost bound to go tits up once you start renting your own ground.
Aye.

Even if this sale to FV goes thru, I can see increasingly dark days ahead. I think it's gonna keep getting a lot worse before it gets any better
Allardyce was right yesterday when he said this sale is not about "advancing the club" its about keeping it alive.

We've just seen Bury go. Like that. So I think right now if we survive its the biggest thing to happen to this club in history and should be cause for celebration.

We're in league 2 so lets just accept on the pitch its tough for a while. But we live to fight another day. I'd happily accept a decade in league 2 in exchange for the deal being across the line. Without a shadow of any doubt.
Aye man, we all would - but what if that's being optimistic? At the moment, I've got zero confidence that we'll be in a 'decent' position this time next year, even if we are taken over now.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:02 pm

Jugs wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:37 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:31 pm
Jugs wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:27 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:43 pm
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:16 pm
If FV wanted to flog for profit - the Ken model - then they've rather had that plan shot to shit by us almost certainly getting relegated again. I think James just wants to save us. Certainly doesn't seem a path to riches, unless we can find another Eddie who's happy to write cheques without being the main man. Not many of those sorts of ego-free zones about. And besides, isn't spending beyond your means being proved to be a very dodgy recipe?

I understand the hesitation, and there's definitely a sense of "Oh NOW you turn up", but I'm genuinely intrigued as to the other bidders. I was thinking to myself, this could be heaven or this could be hell...
I fear for the future under FV though (and yes, I understand fearing for the future is better than no future at all). It would appear that selling off the ground is at the heart of their business plan. There'll be no coming back from that scenario once it goes tits up, and it's almost bound to go tits up once you start renting your own ground.
Aye.

Even if this sale to FV goes thru, I can see increasingly dark days ahead. I think it's gonna keep getting a lot worse before it gets any better
Allardyce was right yesterday when he said this sale is not about "advancing the club" its about keeping it alive.

We've just seen Bury go. Like that. So I think right now if we survive its the biggest thing to happen to this club in history and should be cause for celebration.

We're in league 2 so lets just accept on the pitch its tough for a while. But we live to fight another day. I'd happily accept a decade in league 2 in exchange for the deal being across the line. Without a shadow of any doubt.
Aye man, we all would - but what if that's being optimistic? At the moment, I've got zero confidence that we'll be in a 'decent' position this time next year, even if we are taken over now.
I'll worry about that when and if a deal can be done. Right now I'm more worried about having a club at all.....

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:14 pm

Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:32 pm
Enoch wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:26 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:02 pm
turn a little profit,

Break even would be an amazing position to achieve. Not just for us but most of the ninety one.
It's at its worst in the Championship. Maybe being far away from there will help.
Preston do ok don’t they.

That’s got to be our model - similar sized teams and fanbases in the same area. We need to get our overheads to suit.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:25 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:14 pm
Enoch wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:
turn a little profit,

Break even would be an amazing position to achieve. Not just for us but most of the ninety one.
It's at its worst in the Championship. Maybe being far away from there will help.

That’s got to be our model - similar sized teams and fanbases in the same area. We need to get our overheads to suit.
Sizeable arse-covering from Trevor Hemmings.
Mar 2nd 2019: "Preston show how a club that most assume are run modestly still find it tough financially in the Championship as lost £140,000 a week from trading & needed player sales to offset this"
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:27 pm

Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:25 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Enoch wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:
turn a little profit,

There was only us, Rotherham and Norwich I think last season who weren't reliant on wealthy owners or parachute payments...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:28 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:27 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Enoch wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:
turn a little profit,

There was only us, Rotherham and Norwich I think last season who weren't reliant on wealthy owners or parachute payments...
Aye, quite possibly so - I've augmented my previous post with Kieran Maguire's look at PNE. £140,000 loss per week. Pay £113 in wages for every £100 they get in.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:33 pm

Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:28 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:27 pm
officer_dibble wrote:
Enoch wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:
turn a little profit,

Aye, quite possibly so - I've augmented my previous post with Kieran Maguire's look at PNE. £140,000 loss per week. Pay £113 in wages for every £100 they get in.
Yep Hemmings was putting in around £7m per season, but they have netted some handy fees in the last couple of seasons, from the likes of Hugill, Cunningham and Robinson.

Perversely once you have a rich owner providing stability, it is a better environment for players to develop and so more likely more will be received by selling players on.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:44 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:33 pm
Yep Hemmings was putting in around £7m per season, but they have netted some handy fees in the last couple of seasons, from the likes of Hugill, Cunningham and Robinson.

Perversely once you have a rich owner providing stability, it is a better environment for players to develop and so more likely more will be received by selling players on.
All very nice but selling players is not a reliable enough revenue stream, especially when your wages run at 113% of turnover. Reminder that in sensible businesses it shouldn't really be more than 50%, 60% at most. Otherwise you're at risk of... well, I think we know.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:45 pm

And another day disappearing fast.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:47 pm

looks like no one is blinking yet :(
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:58 pm

Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:44 pm
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:33 pm

All very nice but selling players is not a reliable enough revenue stream, especially when your wages run at 113% of turnover. Reminder that in sensible businesses it shouldn't really be more than 50%, 60% at most. Otherwise you're at risk of... well, I think we know.
Oh absolutely agree. The whole model is ridiculous. It is just that one method, however unreliable, that could keep a club without artificial wealth going, is generally more likely to be available to those with the artificial wealth..

Smithy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Smithy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:03 pm

Fulham fan here,

Just a quick note that on behalf of Fulham wish you all the best and that our thoughts are with Bury and Bolton fans. I pray you continue to be a great and historic club for the future and really hope to see you down at the Cottage as soon as possible. Best of luck to you, the EFL have really let down one of the best clubs in England.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:04 pm

I tell you what the longer this drags the less confident I get it will be sorted. Was hoping for something before 5pm today...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:05 pm

5pm means nothing today. That deadline's gone and a different clock is ticking. But I'm surprised there's been nothing.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:28 pm

Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:05 pm
5pm means nothing today. That deadline's gone and a different clock is ticking. But I'm surprised there's been nothing.
The next four deadlines, and the reasons they are completely meaningless:
1. Friday (wages due) - wage bill is pretty much meaningless in the big scheme now, especially as they aren't paid in advance and so are still added to somebody's bill whatever. And Appleton will still be considering liquidation but has entertained FV beyond reasonable doubt and has kind of sunk his boats.
2. Next Monday (Bassini v Anderson in court) - whoever wins, if anybody does, it won't make a single iota of difference to the web of complications surrounding the lack of funding FV's preferred bidder status has thrown up.
3. Closing of the window - the EFL will make an exception for us, or they won't, the actual closure of the transfer window will be utterly meaningless.
4. The 14 days notice of expulsion - yeah, sure. Like Bury there will be extension after extension...

This farce is destined to run and run...

{Especially since, after Saturday's game, we aren't going to be playing another league game until 14th September}
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:44 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:28 pm
It's more like a moaning hobble...

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:45 pm

If any takeover happens, it won't be before the evening of 10th September. I'm fairly sure of that.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:45 pm

Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:44 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:28 pm
It's more like a moaning hobble...
This farce is destined to limp pathetically on and on, :)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:53 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:45 pm
If any takeover happens, it won't be before the evening of 10th September. I'm fairly sure of that.
But what about the administrators claims that there’s no money left and we can’t actually function as a business? Can we stumble on that long?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:53 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:45 pm
With all respect, and no proof, I disagree. I still think it's likely to happen this week. I certainly hope so. I just wonder at which point FV give up and we discover whether or not there is indeed a rival interest.