Administration and recovery

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Jim_McDonuts
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Administration and recovery

Post by Jim_McDonuts » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:58 pm

Smithy wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:03 pm
Fulham fan here,

Just a quick note that on behalf of Fulham wish you all the best and that our thoughts are with Bury and Bolton fans. I pray you continue to be a great and historic club for the future and really hope to see you down at the Cottage as soon as possible. Best of luck to you, the EFL have really let down one of the best clubs in England.
Cheers Smithy, appreciate the comments and sentiment.
Tbh we're now in a stare of complete stupification with it all these days; so yeah, prayers, seances, rituals (satanic or otherwise) and any other well-intentioned distraction to keep our thoughts off this current mind-melting shitshow -- is most appreciated.

All the best and hope to see you down the Cottage sometime n'all (though never one of our happiest of hunting grounds iirc),

Jim

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:01 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:59 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:32 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:29 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:10 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:40 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:32 pm
Put me down as another "Not before 15:00 on Saturday". At least for an official, definitive announcement anyway.

Maybe it's just low expectations from all the previous deadlines that have supposedly been set and then missed, but I can quite easily see this limping on for a little longer yet.
I'm not sure I can allow that!
That slot is taken, :spank:
It's a fxckin' sweepstake. Get a lawyer if you want to dispute the internet millions heading my way.

In that case, I put it to the court that our prediction of "not before 15:00 on Saturday" leaves us with such a wide timeframe in which we can win that it can't properly be considered a slot at all, and is thus rendered invalid. I therefore revise my prediction to the more precise 14:00 on Monday.

Come on, put your neck on the block and suggest a exact time and day. :D
Motion denied.
(We'll split the internet pounds. Although LeverEnd is now in the action as well...)
Come off the fence, as everyone else has :-)
Ok, circa 13:00 Tuesday 10 September 2019, if we are still in existence.
Just to remind you all of a post from Wednesday July 31st. Just pointing it out... :P
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:11 pm

[youtube][/youtube]IT AZ BIN DUN

Club have announced sale to FV

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/august ... anderers3/

Bertie Wooster
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bertie Wooster » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:12 pm

It az bin done folks....come on !!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:13 pm

We are pleased to announce the sale of Bolton Wanderers to Football Ventures (Whites) Limited has been completed.

Joint Administrator, Paul Appleton, said: "This has been one of the most complicated administrations I've been involved with but I'm delighted to say we have finally reached a satisfactory conclusion with the sale to Football Ventures.

"At times, some of the hurdles appeared insurmountable and the frustration felt has been immense, not least by the supporters who have had to endure too many weeks of uncertainty.

"I would like to pay particular tribute to the Eddie Davies Trust and their legal team who, throughout this whole process, have been willing to do everything in their power to ensure Eddie's incredible legacy was maintained and not sullied.

"Even at the 11th hour when other parties were content to renege on their agreements, the Trust realised the very existence of Bolton Wanderers was at stake and were willing to find a compromise to save the club. It is a testament to their unflinching determination to do what was best for Bolton that we are able to complete the deal today.

"The Trust were forced to constantly compromise their position in the face of circumstances and demands which were wholly unreasonable. This says much about their determination not to allow Eddie's beloved Bolton Wanderers to suffer any longer at the hands of Ken Anderson.

"Sadly, Mr Anderson has used his position as a secured creditor to hamper and frustrate any deal that did not benefit him or suit his purposes. Thankfully, with the assistance of the Trust and others, we were able to overcome this obstacle.

"I would especially like to thank both my team and my lawyers who worked around the clock to find solutions to problems which certainly threatened to derail the whole process.

"I have every sympathy for the staff, players and fans who have been forced to stand by while their club was taken to the brink. I am delighted their loyalty, dedication and patience have finally been rewarded.

"Of course, there will be difficult times ahead while the club gets back on its feet but there are too many people with Bolton close to their hearts for it not to be successful once more.

"The EFL and PFA have both played a major part in the club's survival. They have understood the complexities of the process and have stood strong in the fight to save Bolton, helping to drive this deal over the line.

"Now there can be a fresh start with owners who, I believe, will run the club for the good of the supporters and the community as a whole.

"For everything the fans have had to endure, they deserve nothing less."
the absolute magnificent shade thrown at Ken

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:13 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:53 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:45 pm
If any takeover happens, it won't be before the evening of 10th September. I'm fairly sure of that.
With all respect, and no proof, I disagree. I still think it's likely to happen this week. I certainly hope so. I just wonder at which point FV give up and we discover whether or not there is indeed a rival interest.

Well, there's me talking a load of old shite. I couldn't be happier to be wrong. 😀

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:19 pm

nicholaldo wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:13 pm
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:53 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:45 pm
If any takeover happens, it won't be before the evening of 10th September. I'm fairly sure of that.
With all respect, and no proof, I disagree. I still think it's likely to happen this week. I certainly hope so. I just wonder at which point FV give up and we discover whether or not there is indeed a rival interest.

Well, there's me talking a load of old shite. I couldn't be happier to be wrong. 😀
Delete your account. Internet rules are it’s more important to be right than to be happy :D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:20 pm

Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:13 pm
We are pleased to announce the sale of Bolton Wanderers to Football Ventures (Whites) Limited has been completed.

Joint Administrator, Paul Appleton, said: "This has been one of the most complicated administrations I've been involved with but I'm delighted to say we have finally reached a satisfactory conclusion with the sale to Football Ventures.

"At times, some of the hurdles appeared insurmountable and the frustration felt has been immense, not least by the supporters who have had to endure too many weeks of uncertainty.

"I would like to pay particular tribute to the Eddie Davies Trust and their legal team who, throughout this whole process, have been willing to do everything in their power to ensure Eddie's incredible legacy was maintained and not sullied.

"Even at the 11th hour when other parties were content to renege on their agreements, the Trust realised the very existence of Bolton Wanderers was at stake and were willing to find a compromise to save the club. It is a testament to their unflinching determination to do what was best for Bolton that we are able to complete the deal today.

"The Trust were forced to constantly compromise their position in the face of circumstances and demands which were wholly unreasonable. This says much about their determination not to allow Eddie's beloved Bolton Wanderers to suffer any longer at the hands of Ken Anderson.

"Sadly, Mr Anderson has used his position as a secured creditor to hamper and frustrate any deal that did not benefit him or suit his purposes. Thankfully, with the assistance of the Trust and others, we were able to overcome this obstacle.

"I would especially like to thank both my team and my lawyers who worked around the clock to find solutions to problems which certainly threatened to derail the whole process.

"I have every sympathy for the staff, players and fans who have been forced to stand by while their club was taken to the brink. I am delighted their loyalty, dedication and patience have finally been rewarded.

"Of course, there will be difficult times ahead while the club gets back on its feet but there are too many people with Bolton close to their hearts for it not to be successful once more.

"The EFL and PFA have both played a major part in the club's survival. They have understood the complexities of the process and have stood strong in the fight to save Bolton, helping to drive this deal over the line.

"Now there can be a fresh start with owners who, I believe, will run the club for the good of the supporters and the community as a whole.

"For everything the fans have had to endure, they deserve nothing less."
the absolute magnificent shade thrown at Ken
Being nice to EDT. They must have moved a lot in last few days. But credit to them for doing so.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:22 pm

Is anybody surprised with the Ken Anderson line?

Thankfully he is now out of the club.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:23 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:01 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:59 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:32 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:29 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:10 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:40 pm
nicholaldo wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:32 pm
Put me down as another "Not before 15:00 on Saturday". At least for an official, definitive announcement anyway.

Maybe it's just low expectations from all the previous deadlines that have supposedly been set and then missed, but I can quite easily see this limping on for a little longer yet.
I'm not sure I can allow that!
That slot is taken, :spank:
It's a fxckin' sweepstake. Get a lawyer if you want to dispute the internet millions heading my way.

In that case, I put it to the court that our prediction of "not before 15:00 on Saturday" leaves us with such a wide timeframe in which we can win that it can't properly be considered a slot at all, and is thus rendered invalid. I therefore revise my prediction to the more precise 14:00 on Monday.

Come on, put your neck on the block and suggest a exact time and day. :D
Motion denied.
(We'll split the internet pounds. Although LeverEnd is now in the action as well...)
Come off the fence, as everyone else has :-)
Ok, circa 13:00 Tuesday 10 September 2019, if we are still in existence.
Just to remind you all of a post from Wednesday July 31st. Just pointing it out... :P
It just needed a push, is all...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:24 pm

All I can say at this juncture is "Ha! nicholado was wrong"...Seriously delighted and glad Admins didn't hold back.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:25 pm

Ken Anderson. I just deleted the post I wrote in favour of preserving dignity and self-respect. The equalibrium is maintained. Well done all those fighting for the club. :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:28 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:04 pm
I tell you what the longer this drags the less confident I get it will be sorted. Was hoping for something before 5pm today...
Fate tempter!

Right, lock this thread mods.

One final word

Ken is a c u n t

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:31 pm

Who won the sweep?

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:31 pm

Sounds like it needed all parties to unite to get the utter WANKER out of our club. I hope there is an investigation into him and he never gets another moments peace for the rest of his days.

I don't want to speak another word about him. We survived, it was clearly close, the EFL need to do revisit the rules around criminal owners, coz there is an ever increasing amount of dodgy people with lots of money.

Onwards and upwards. COYW.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:33 pm

It’s literally been horrid. Thanks to all who helped this deal happen against what seemed like ridiculous odds. And thanks to Football Ventures who hung in there when everyone else would have walked away. Being blamed continually for delays they couldn’t solve can’t have been easy.

The relief is huge.

Now for a few beers.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:36 pm

I hope no one calls the Albanians back off.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:36 pm

I'm sat here with a ridiculous grin on my face and something in my eye too if I'm honest. Just said to BP that I promise never to moan next time we're 3 down at half time to say, Port Vale :D
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:37 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:31 pm
Sounds like it needed all parties to unite to get the utter WANKER out of our club. I hope there is an investigation into him and he never gets another moments peace for the rest of his days.

I don't want to speak another word about him. We survived, it was clearly close, the EFL need to do revisit the rules around criminal owners, coz there is an ever increasing amount of dodgy people with lots of money.

Onwards and upwards. COYW.
I hope he's taken to the cleaners by Mr Bassini.

The EFL have just confirmed that we are no longer in admin nor subject to being booted out of the league.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:38 pm

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/august/efl-statement/
Following the news that the Bolton Wanderers takeover has been completed, the EFL has released the following statement.

Debbie Jevans CBE, Executive Chair, said:

"On behalf of the EFL Board, I am pleased that the administrators appointed in respect of Bolton Wanderers Football Club have today concluded the transfer of assets with Football Ventures to place the Club under new ownership and out of administration.

"Having worked closely with the administrators since their appointment in May, the EFL has been focused on working through this difficult and complex period of uncertainty with all parties.

"Following the completion of the sale, the Club is no longer in administration and the notice of withdrawal issued as per the EFL’s insolvency policy has been cancelled.

"These past few months have undoubtedly been challenging and, at times fraught – never more so in the past few days - and I would like to thank all parties for their efforts in achieving the desired outcome.

"I would also like to place on record my grateful appreciation and thanks to the players, former and present management, staff and supporters for their patience and understanding in allowing us to get to this point.

"Everyone at the EFL is now looking forward to working with the new ownership during the 2019/20 campaign and beyond."
Now come back next week when we will dock you eight points.