It's done!!!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: It's done!!!

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:29 pm

If you are planning on visiting motcombs do make sure you book well in advance.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:56 pm

Incredible news, I thought it was all over, it isn't now :oyea:

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:53 pm

Blast from the past! 👍👋

animo et fide
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by animo et fide » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:24 pm

Stockport fan in peace, Congratulations & great news on your takeover. I remember a few good ding dongs between us in the late 80's & early 90's, distinctly remember peering round the corner of the co-op to see corners being taken in the old away end at Burnden park!

As a founder member of the league your club is an inherent part of our country's football history, to see you disappear from the league for financial reasons would of been a crying shame, a disgrace even. Losing one club from the region in Bury this week is sad, to have lost two would of been disastrous for north west football.

The statement released by your administrators was pretty scathing & blunt in the obstructions of your sale, by the sounds of it Ken Anderson would be wise never to set foot in Bolton again.

Best of luck for the rest of the season, I'm sure after what you've just been through you're a realistic lot & don't expect much from the footballing side of things but hopefully now you'll be able to acquire some more senior players & stand some chance of competing on a level playing field with your opponents. Football is cyclical, you were once a great successful club then spent years in the doldrums to rise again to the dizzying heights you enjoyed a few years back, I'm sure you'll rise again eventually, As a County fan i know a fair bit about suffering years of crap on the pitch! but the most important thing is still having the opportunity at 3pm on a Saturday to put ourselves through that purgatory!

As a neutral i'll be willing you on this season to try & pull off the great escape on the pitch, & who know's in a few years time we may meet again (hopefully in the football league!).

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:37 pm

Cheers pal.

You've been through something similar with a far more traumatic result. Good to see you clawing your way back. Preece and Francis were a damn scary attack back in the day!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

animo et fide
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by animo et fide » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:58 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:37 pm
Cheers pal.

You've been through something similar with a far more traumatic result. Good to see you clawing your way back. Preece and Francis were a damn scary attack back in the day!
They certainly were pal & gave me some of my best football memories period! But then i remember the likes of Andy Walker & Super John McGinlay up front for you around the same time....equally fearsome!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:51 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:29 pm
If you are planning on visiting motcombs do make sure you book well in advance.
Any chance of not paying the bill for a few months after the event? Goose and gander rules.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

nicholaldo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by nicholaldo » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:00 pm

I don't have any comments to add to this thread which haven't already been posted by others, except that I think having a female CEO (and by the looks of it, COO) will stand us in very good stead.

I also echo the comments about the statement issued by our new owners - perfectly pitched. We obviously have a long way to go, and no doubt much is still to be revealed, but it's a good start.